Ten Years of GSF

DakhathKilrathi

Broadsword might not care or remember that we exist, but that doesn't mean we can't mark it for ourselves. GSF is ten years old (from early access) as of December 3 2023.  I guess just post interesting or memorable games or screenshots here. 

Edit: sharing fun stories or memories is also totally welcome; you don't need to have proof that something happened to participate of course. I fondly remember a couple of people on my team drunk for stock night a few years ago. We weren't playing well, but we were definitely having fun. 

Edited by DakhathKilrathi
  • Like 4

Just now, philwil said:

I loved it enough, where a few years ago I made a GSF Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kL20vwclyo 

Not great editing, but it was my first bit of editing.

I remember that one! And while we're on that subject, we can't forget Despon's GSF Still Exists video a couple of years ago. He did a similar thing at the beginning. I'm pretty sure yours inspired him, didn't it? 

4 minutes ago, DakhathKilrathi said:

I remember that one! And while we're on that subject, we can't forget Despon's GSF Still Exists video a couple of years ago. He did a similar thing at the beginning. I'm pretty sure yours inspired him, didn't it? 

He did say it inspired him for that one!

Despon made so many good videos, training and otherwise.

The gsf community owes him a debt of gratitude!

• Like 1

I've got a fair number of GSF memories.

Facing Tommm and SammyGS (the original, and only true Aimbot),  on Jung Ma.

Having RamaStock characters on I think 10 or so different servers for community stock ship nights.

Losing both TDMs and Doms horribly to collections of noobs, because the entire team of 2 or 3 premades was chasing Drakolich on the other team during his birthday events.

Being one of the prime contractors on "The Great Wall of GSF text" back when this thread https://forums.swtor.com/topic/734258-lets-talk-about-strike-fighters/ was all the rage.

Being part of the closed PTS testing running up to the GSF balance pass of 5.5.

Doing community events: strike nights (back when they sorta sucked), stock ship nights, super serious nights, etc.

Being kinda pissed that my very first GSF records thread entry was for a match with a dronecarrier bomber.  Why did it have to be one of my least favorite ships? Seriously.

Those rare games where I'm just in the GSF flow or get mad for some reason and start flying like a real GSF ace.

Transcribing game stats into a spreadsheet and doing math modelling to back up balance changes I was arguing for, and sometime being surprised by the results.

I think overall, GSF has been the most memorable part of SWTOR for me.

• Like 2

Dont be shy! 

New people and old, talk good memories, bad memories, etc.

I remember, i think it was within the first month of GSF, we took a pop and no one could shoot each other.  We spawned in the middle of the map.  But we could self destruct.

Total chaos that soon brought the servers down for "emergency maintenance".

At least, that was Harbinger.  But Harbinger always had something wrong with the power hamsters.  :(

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 7:21 PM, DakhathKilrathi said:

And here's my first entry. I've never shared this one publicly prior to now but this game from years ago was a blast: https://youtu.be/f1_GFde-jcA

That was a fantastic match! I was at the edge of my seat during the whole thing!

I haven't been flying as long as most of you, only 5 years or so, but I still remember my first match. It was painful and very confusing, but I was instantly hooked. I've enjoyed my time flying, and it's mostly the only thing I do in game by now.

• Like 1

There is fun to be had, I don't have anything to post for proof of said fun, I do know that fun is being had by myself and many others and for that and all those who are having fun, I guess I am grateful.

GSF is why I play this game.

And that's all I have to say about that.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite memories are from when the community got together to test out the changes in GU 5.5 when it was on PTS.  I got to meet so many of you, at least virtually, and we worked together to make GSF a better minigame.  The developers actually took all our feedback.

• Like 1