7.4 Launch Date?

Wolvesgaar

The fact that we still don't have 7.4 launch date just kinda shows how much shelved the game and its updates have become. This year has been really dry with content and updates compared to previous year. I know the shuffle with studios happened but small patches like 7.4 should be pushed out at a faster pace to keep things going and show players that the game is still being taken care off to where its worth the players time investment. Thoughts?

Edited by Wolvesgaar

i thought 7.4 will come out late nov or early dec but nov is almost over and still no 7.4 release date and that is what worry me because if it goes to mid or worse late dec and 7.4 come out with buggs specially with lighting update then devs have no time to fix it because they go on vacation in late dec , yeah the should release it early dec that is best time in my opinion.

my first thought was: "you are new, right?"

i mean if you follow swtor for just some years, you may have noticed, that the announced content for 7.4
was already announced for prior updates, but got delayed. you may wanna re-watch some old bioware 
livestreams. 
you may also have noticed that the bare minimum crew of swtor was reduced and moved to broadsword,
so even if they were super fast with the transition, it took some days with reduced productivity.
and if you take a look at the archives in here, you will find tons of complains about the timeframe for
new content since 2011, mostly in a cost comparison to other games. 

and maybe you can remember of the latest desaster when 7.0 hit an we got a fix date when 7.0 arrives.
yeah it was delayed some days before. many ppl trusted in the words and subbed to unlock the story.
with the delay of the update, they had to resub again, but later just to see, that there is nearly no new
content at all and since that not much happend content wise. 

so i would advise here:
don't expect anything.
don't trust any official given timeframe, because software is no lego.
and be happy if something new hits the servers. 

Broadsword never announced a release date for 7.4. Just holiday of this year. Most likely 2 dates would be Dec 5th, or Dec 12th. I say those 2 dates so they would have time to do any Major bug fixes before the holiday vacation starts.

With that being said, and I could be way off.

3 hours ago, Wolvesgaar said:

This year has been really dry with content and updates compared to previous year.

2022 was an anomaly with 3 major releases because 7.0 came out in 2022 February but it was originally announced for 2021 December but ended up getting pushed back 2 months.  7.1 in 2022 August and 7.2 in 2022 December.  In 2021 the only major update was 6.3 in April.  So when one looks at the release schedule it's basically 2 major story updates per year that the devs seem to be aiming for.  If 7.4 is released in December then devs will be on target for 2023's second "major" update.

The correct answer is Tuesday, Dec. 12th (Austin, TX time).

This date affords Broadsword the opportunity and ability (hopefully) to fix any absolute game-breaking bug(s) in 7.4 before Christmas.

That is all,

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edit: The deco reward should be a picture of Dasty the Hutt (yours truly) figure skating in Central Park, NYC, with a beautiful red-dyed nerf hair scarf. 

Edited by Jdast
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

That's unlikely, seeing as how both those dates are Mondays, and they've never released a substantive patch on a Monday.

I actually meant the 12th & 19th Aussie time. Which I assume is the Monday in US. And we’ve had many patches release on the Tuesday before. Although, you are probably right because recently since they went to BS, things have been more on the Wednesday or Thursday. So who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️

22 minutes ago, Jdast said:

The correct answer is Tuesday, Dec. 12th (Austin, TX time).

This date affords Broadsword the opportunity and ability (hopefully) to fix any absolute game-breaking bug(s) in 7.4 before Christmas.

That is all,

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edit: The deco reward should be a picture of Dasty the Hutt (yours truly) figure skating in Central Park, NYC, with a beautiful red-dyed nerf hair scarf. 

The Tuesday Dec 12th might be possible ..

BUT! That deco ... ???  No way!! 

(Now I've got that image in my mind....  Shutters!!  Good Grief!)

🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Toraak said:

any Major bug fixes before the holiday vacation starts.

there is always a major bug after each expension or update after there release it on the live server.

there is always something that gets broken after each update or expension and i have a bad feeling that this time its going to be a GTN bug that we get.

since it always is the new contant or new thing we get what ends up broken from the start after release.

17 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

there is always a major bug after each expension or update after there release it on the live server.

there is always something that gets broken after each update or expension and i have a bad feeling that this time its going to be a GTN bug that we get.

since it always is the new contant or new thing we get what ends up broken from the start after release.

oh neat, new GTN, I'll post this for 1 billion credits.

SOLD, PLEASE COLLECT YOUR 1 CREDIT SALE!!

2 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

oh neat, new GTN, I'll post this for 1 billion credits.

SOLD, PLEASE COLLECT YOUR 1 CREDIT SALE!!

the first thing i going to tell if somebody reports under the report bug section that something has going wrong with the GTN there get my post from told you so its was going to happing.

8 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

the first thing i going to tell if somebody reports under the report bug section that something has going wrong with the GTN there get my post from told you so its was going to happing.

the last major build I think introduced a way to dupe items, a way to dupe credits, and a way to get unlimited green jawa junk all in one patch. It will be interesting to see what happens when the devs go on vacation after 7.4 goes live.

Edited by Darkestmonty

2 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I actually meant the 12th & 19th Aussie time. Which I assume is the Monday in US. And we’ve had many patches release on the Tuesday before. Although, you are probably right because recently since they went to BS, things have been more on the Wednesday or Thursday. So who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️

The servers used to go down for the patch at noon GMT on Tuesdays, which would be late late Tuesday evening Aussie time.

1 hour ago, Samcuu said:

If the test server is still up don't expect the release any time soon. Iirc after they take the test server offline its only a week or so until the patches drop. 

They took the PTS down more then 2 weeks ago actually. I still expect the patch either 12/5/23, or 12/12/23

Historically the releases have been just before holidays, and historically it would include some really nasty bug that we'll have to live with until holidays are over and devs get back to work.

With all that in mind, I'd rather have them release it after new year than just before Christmas holidays. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeannaVoyager said:

Historically the releases have been just before holidays, and historically it would include some really nasty bug that we'll have to live with until holidays are over and devs get back to work.

With all that in mind, I'd rather have them release it after new year than just before Christmas holidays. 

Same here!