Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

6 hours ago, DWho said:

As to the free transfers, How about a variation on Trixxie's earn a transfer. For each consecutive month subbed you earn 4 transfers whether that be retroactive to the server opening (or even before) or after transfers open. If you have 4 consecutive subbed months prior to transfers opening, you get all 16 at the point transfers open. Otherwise you get 4 per month continuously subbed prior to opening transfers and earn another 4 each month continuously subbed at the renewal date up to a max of 16 total. More complicated but it also potentially spreads out the impact of credit influx.

I’d also like an on going free transfer system as part of our subscription model. That way if you have a 100 characters, you might one day be able to transfer them all eventually. Because if you have that many characters, you’ve already paid real money to open up all those slots & I believe you shouldn’t have to pay more to transfer them. 

• Like 1

I hope the devs are reading the other social media sites too, like discord channels & twitter. Because there are more people who don’t or can’t post here, expressing their opinions on those social sites.

It seems there are still some people unsubbing over the low 15 million credit restriction & the back dating requirement to get free server transfers. 

These people still upset by these restrictions & requirements. And many still feel like APAC players are being treated like second class citizens in this game.

But there is a way the devs could help mend the wounds in the APAC community. 

1. Increase the credit restriction up from 15 million to 25 million or do away with the restrictions entirely. 

2. Forward date the free transfer qualification to February 29th.

3. Offer extra free transfers for APAC players who have paid to open extra server character slots on a 1 for 1 basis.

4. Give preferred & free to play APAC people some free transfers as well. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

On 2/16/2024 at 12:29 AM, TormentAU said:

Who exactly are you going to be grouping with when the raiders leave from being unable to afford to do any progress raiding? I have to farm heroics just to pay repair bills for 2 nights a week. I have zero credits for anything else other than repairs. How does that help economy you are desperate to protect?

Then don't be lazy and go farm dailies/heroics, isn't that hard to get credits if you got a level 80.

4 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I hope the devs are reading the other social media sites still, like discord channels & twitter.

It seems there are people still unsubbing over the low 15 million credit restriction & the back dating requirement to get free transfers. 

There are people still upset by these restrictions & requirements. And many still feel like APAC players are being treated like second class citizens in this game.

But there is a way the devs could help mend the wounds in the APAC community. 

1. Increase the credit restriction up to 25 million or do away with it entirely. 

2. Forward date the free transfers qualification to February 29th.

3. Offer extra free transfers for APAC players who have paid to open extra server character slots on a 1 for 1 basis.

4. Give preferred & possibly free to play APAC people some free transfers as well. 

if you could only pick Increase the credit restriction or Forward date the free transfers to march (placeholder) which one would you pick i pick the Forward date free transfers

Just now, emperorruby said:

if you could only pick Increase the credit restriction or Forward date the free transfers to march (placeholder) which one would you pick i pick the Forward date free transfers

That would alienate others. So I won’t pick because the points I listed are ones people are discussing on other sites. 

To be fair, I think the devs need to consider doing all of those things to help mend fences with the APAC community. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, emperorruby said:

no question.

Announce a future date to get the free transfers. And this is from a 12 year subscriber (though that runs out this week, I do not want to renew after this absolute catastrophe of a launch)

only 1 concern that anyone should be having is getting more players on SV, if they can't transfer their characters they won't bother with the server at all.

That being said, and frankly I am tiered of repeating this, Shae Vizla is supposed to be an APAC regional server, it should not be getting treated any differently from ANY other server.

A New start server should be a NA server (and it should never get any character transfers from the current regional servers (including SV) )

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

That would alienate others. So I won’t pick because the points I listed are ones people are discussing on other sites. 

To be fair, I think the devs need to consider doing all of those things to help mend fences with the APAC community. 

if i had to pick that is 20 million credit restriction and Forward date the free transfers to march (placeholder) or Increase the credit restriction up to 25 million but no Forward date the free transfers to march (placeholder) priority must given to the Forward date the free transfers because i don't think apac players would pay to transfer 500cc to 1000cc

18 minutes ago, emperorruby said:

if i had to pick that is 20 million credit restriction and Forward date the free transfers to march (placeholder) or Increase the credit restriction up to 25 million but no Forward date the free transfers to march (placeholder) priority must given to the Forward date the free transfers because i don't think apac players would pay to transfer 500cc to 1000cc

Why are you even suggesting this & dividing attention?

Why should it be one or the other?

Why can’t it be ALL 4 points that I listed?

There is zero reason they can’t do ALL 4 & help repair the community. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

ideally all 4 but businesses are financial hard to please we have to consider worst case scenario 

9 minutes ago, emperorruby said:

ideally all 4 but businesses are financial hard to please we have to consider worst case scenario 

worst case scenario is none.

so many players won't return to play on the APAC server

the server will close

Those who leave SWTOR will go to other games, myself I am looking at Balder's Gate 3, it runs on a Mac as well which is a bonus. I'll be buying my mate a copy so we can play together, I got him into SWTOR so it will be partially an apology for wasting his time & money.

This is what happened in 2012 when the original APAC server launched.

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120417-0

This is before FTP was a thing, only subscribers were playing. APAC players were able to transfer ALL their characters over to the APAC servers, for free (and no restrictions)

This is what happened in 2015 when BW wanted to consolidate servers, Character transfers were discounted to 90% (90CC) (with no restrictions)

https://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfers-–-get-together-your-friends

let me go necro an old post I made on another thread:

If they do nothing, your best case scenario is they move the server to NA

(pay attention to the subtle use of Subscribers and Players)

On 1/11/2024 at 11:23 PM, FrontLineFodder said:

There has been so much talk on this, but no response from BS.

It is a lot easier to keep subscribers then it is to get them back.

If they don't allow transfers to the APAC region server, BS will lose subscribers

• I would expect more unsubscribers from the APAC region
  • possibly enough to justify moving the server over to the US where the remaining player base will be
    • losing still more APAC subscribers

If they don't maintain the economy on Shae Vizla, they will lose players

• there are players who like the reset economy prices
  • GTN prices are low enough that FTP can buy things

also my 2c when describing servers:

Regional Server

• located in a particular region targeted to players in that region who experience improved game response

Fresh Start

• Any server the player does not have a legacy on, allowing a fresh play with none of the aids they have accumulated from the 10+ years of SWTOR

Reset Economy

• A New server with no transfers from existing servers, maintaining an economy starting from a fresh character legacies only
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

@FrontLineFodder as well as scenarios that are less ideal but not worst case 

what they are doing IS WORST CASE

it will lead to APAC players not playing the game. as I have said, out of the 13 ppl who where coming back, 5 came back when they where announced, others waited.. now NONE remain subbed and only I check the forums to see if BS will do the right thing for APAC players.

No limits
Free Transfers

Be happy we're not asking for an apology for discrimination as limits are ONLY on THE APAC region server.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Gabriaye said:

what they are doing IS WORST CASE

it will lead to APAC players not playing the game. as I have said, out of the 13 ppl who where coming back, 5 came back when they where announced, others waited..

There's a very good reason why I only purchased the three-month subscription rather than 12 months that I've always done in the past. I know there is absolutely nothing for me end-game on U S servers because 500 ping is a best-case scenario when playing on US servers for me. I've had people in the US say you can get used to the ping time and interrupt and raid and PVP.. No I understand that when you have that type of ping Just because of the way Internet packets work you are often losing connection for a second as it tries to pick up the packet loss This creates some entertaining visuals in game as your character goes to sleep then the zooms the fight. And the content I want to play requires a healthy community of PVPs and Raiders. If this server does not massively increase its population I will not be able to PVP And it will be difficult to find a decent raid group So the reasons I subscribed will not exist and I will not continue to subscribe.

The lack of communication with BS Is absolutely ludicrous They have a community manager who only posts closed topics Close topics have no place in a forum if they want to post that news without feedback post it on the SWTOR website then allow it to be linked and discussed by the community in the forums. I posted news about this server on our Aus Star Wars fan club page (StarWalking) and everyone is waiting to see what happens with transfers before re-committing to the game these are core Star Wars fans in Aus Most of them myself included have the collector edition of the game I still have my Darth Malgus Statue on the shelf behind my desk. Unfortunately, regardless of how amazing this game is, it's unplayable in Australia and Australian players have been messed around constantly with transfers.

So hey come back pay $125 Australian dollars to subscribe for 3 months and transfer eight characters with limited resources is not an enticing offer for anyone. $125AU is what it will cost with current exchange rates and includes a 3-month subscription ( $41.97US = $64.18AU)  and 5500c pack ($39.99US = $61.15AU) that will be needed to transfer at least 8 characters or I can get Baldur's Gate for $89.95AU and Jedi: Survivor $44AU on sale. 

Crap I think I just convinced myself to definitely not pay for any transfers... 

Edited by JohnnyGatt
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, emperorruby said:

@FrontLineFodder as well as scenarios that are less ideal but not worst case 

Less ideal in this case is the same as worst case. With more & more APAC players saying they are quitting on other social media sites, there will be far less people on the server than they expect. That is the worst case for the server. Broadsword need to do what ever they can to maximise the server potential. Anything less is a waste of their time & ours. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

While I personally feel the revised amount isn't enough to set guilds up it is a good start.

Odd. I'm in 2 different guilds on Shae with almost 1,000 characters in the guild, and they are among the leaders in conquest (which means flagships). So for those that put the effort in from the beginning, it is Very possible.

• Like 2

A lot of non-APAC players don't understand why we're complaining about the transfer restrictions, because APAC players has had enough with forcing to move their toons from one server to the next, or not able to transfer our hard earned cheevos and high level toons from a high ping environment.

Stop looking at the Shae Vizla server as a fresh start server, and you'll see why we are pissed.

If you still don't understand, imagine this scenario: SWTOR has 5 servers around the world: 2 in EU, 1 in NA and 2 in APAC, and you're a player based in NA. You played the game for a few months in the NA server, and suddenly the devs announce to close it. All your stuff are forced to moved (with no restrictions) to the EU server with high ping. You continue to play this game, though under suboptimal condition, because you like it - building your legacy, toons, credits, cheevos, datacrons etc. Few years later, devs said they will merge both the EU server. Again, you're forced to move (still with no restrictions). A decade later, devs open back a server in NA. Good news right? You can finally move everything back to your "home". There won't be ping issues anymore, but not so fast, the devs said this is a fresh start server, and they are taking that into account for that server. And so, the server is shared with another group of players that has a totally different objective than yours, and they don't want you to bring your earned credits. You also found out the devs implemented many restrictions to bring your stuff to the new NA server, contrary to what happened in the previous 2 transfers. That is the whole story. That is exactly why APAC players are not happy with the current situation.

Edited by SoraRaida
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, SoraRaida said:

A lot of non-APAC players don't understand why we're complaining about the transfer restrictions, because APAC players has had enough with forcing to move their toons from one server to the next, or not able to transfer our hard earned cheevos and high level toons from a high ping environment.

Stop looking at the Shae Vizla server as a fresh start server, and you'll see why we are pissed.

If you still don't understand, imagine this scenario: SWTOR has 5 servers around the world: 2 in EU, 1 in NA and 2 in APAC, and you're a player based in NA. You played the game for a few months in the NA server, and suddenly the devs announce to close it. All your stuff are forced to moved (with no restrictions) to the EU server with high ping. You continue to play this game, though under suboptimal condition, because you like it - building your legacy, toons, credits, cheevos, datacrons etc. Few years later, devs said they will merge both the EU server. Again, you're forced to move (still with no restrictions). A decade later, devs open back a server in NA. Good news right? You can finally move everything back to your "home". There won't be ping issues anymore, but not so fast, the devs said this is a fresh start server, and they are taking that into account for that server. And so, the server is shared with another group of players that has a totally different objective than yours, and they don't want you to bring your earned credits. You also found out the devs implemented many restrictions to bring your stuff to the new NA server, contrary to what happened in the previous 2 transfers. That is the whole story. That is exactly why APAC players are not happy with the current situation.

@TrixxieTriss i know by less than ideal the devs give most of what apac players want but not all the devs tried to pleased all 3 groups the higher ups and na and eu players and the apac players at the same time

20 minutes ago, emperorruby said:

@TrixxieTriss i know by less than ideal the devs give most of what apac players want but not all the devs tried to pleased all 3 groups the higher ups and na and eu players and the apac players at the same time

Less than ideal is a dead server. The best approach is one that maximises the servers health. And by health, I mean player numbers. If that means other interested parties don’t get what they want, then so be it. Because there won’t be a server economy to worry about if there aren’t any players. And if there aren’t any players, there won’t be any server. All of these thing also affect BS’s bottom line.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

7 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Less than ideal is a dead server. The best approach is one that maximises the servers health. And by health, I mean player numbers. If that means other interested parties don’t get what they want, then so be it. Because there won’t be a server economy to worry about if there aren’t any players. And if there aren’t any players, there won’t be any server. All of these thing also affect BS’s bottom line.

the ultimate outcome as the representative of the apac players

in regards to the free transfer you were successful but subscribers get more (16) what the point of having no limit credits cap when you failed this you spend a lot of political capital to get this 

in regards to the credits cap you failed to get no limit cap higher ups group and na and eu players blocked that and you might be disappointed with the cap you negotiable for

31 minutes ago, emperorruby said:

in regards to the free transfer you were successful but subscribers get more (16) what the point of having no limit credits cap when you failed this you spend a lot of political capital to get this 

Actually that’s only partially true. There are many APAC players who are subscribers right now who don’t qualify for any free transfers. Which isn’t right & is causing a lot of ill feeling in APAC community. There are others who only just cancelled their subs & now no longer qualify either. Even though these people have been loyal subscriber for months or years. 

As for the credits. At this point, if they don’t do something to improve the transfer situation I’ve highlighted above, it won’t matter anyway because people will & are quitting the game over the eligibility of transfers. This is especially true for returning players. And without the players, it doesn’t matter if there is a credit limit or not.

Of course, I’m on the record early on saying I believe there should be some restrictions on how many credits should be moved over because allowing billions of credits would only import the same inflation we see on other servers. But here’s the thing, you won’t have inflation either if there aren’t any players. So when you look at this situation from that perspective, I’d rather have the inflation than no players on the server. Also remember, the server already has built in anti-hyper-inflationary measures active. Even though it has no hyper-inflation.

Was I wrong wanting some restrictions on credit transfers? That’s difficult to answer because there are many variables. Have I changed my position on credit restrictions, the answer is yes. I now think if they really want to have an active APAC regional server for the APAC community in this game, then they shouldn’t have any credit transfer restrictions for actual APAC players that are different to the other servers. But if they decide they have to still have them, then 15 million is still too low. 

What I would like to see is BS engage the actual APAC player base who lives in the region. Many of us would like to be able to move the whole amount of our characters & guilds & everything over to SV like we were merging with it. That way we don’t leave anything behind on the other server(s). I’ve personally got 100 characters I’d like to move & 4 guilds. Paying to move those is impossible for me. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Actually that’s only partially true. There are many APAC players who are subscribers right now who don’t qualify for any free transfers. Which isn’t right & is causing a lot of ill feeling in APAC community. There are others who only just cancelled their subs & now no longer qualify either. Even though these people have been loyal subscriber for months or years. 

As for the credits. At this point, if they don’t do something to improve the transfer situation I’ve highlighted above, it won’t matter anyway because people will & are quitting the game over the eligibility of transfers. This is especially true for returning players. And without the players, it doesn’t matter if there is a credit limit or not.

Of course, I’m on the record early on saying I believe there should be some restrictions on how many credits should be moved over because allowing billions of credits would only import the same inflation we see on other servers. But here’s the thing, you won’t have inflation either if there aren’t any players. So when you look at this situation from that perspective, I’d rather have the inflation than no players on the server. Also remember, the server already has built in anti-hyper-inflationary measures active. Even though it has no hyper-inflation.

Was I wrong wanting some restrictions on credit transfers? That’s difficult to answer because there are many variables. Have I changed my position on credit restrictions, the answer is yes. I now think if they really want to have an active APAC regional server for the APAC community in this game, then they shouldn’t have any credit transfer restrictions different to other servers. But if they decide they have to still have them, 15 million is still too low. 

What I would like to see is BS engage the actual APAC player base who lives in the region. Many of us would like to be able to move the whole amount of our characters & guilds & everything over to SV like we were merging with it. That way we don’t leave anything behind on the other server(s). I’ve personally got 100 characters I’d like to move & 4 guilds. Paying to move those is impossible for me. 

if bs have that conversation with apac players in say discord they want it private from na and eu players and they tell what is the max offer with out it requiring further approval that would a start you can still negotiable with them it just you might not get it or it has trade-off

16 minutes ago, emperorruby said:

if bs have that conversation with apac players in say discord they want it private from na and eu players and they tell what is the max offer with out it requiring further approval that would a start you can still negotiable with them it just you might not get it or it has trade-off

I do not believe any representative of BroadSword or EA should be having those sort of conversations in secrecy. Definitely not on any platform they do not control. If it were to happen, it would be a private thread here on swtor.com.

One of the Issues I am feeling (and from my conversations with other players it is the same), there has been no conversations. We are not seeing any representative engaging in conversation, perhaps they are monitoring it we do not know. All we know is we have had:

• Launch of Shae Vizla for the APAC region with no real announcement or publication
  • Delayed advertisement of the APAC relaunch
  • announcement they are Considering restrictions
  • a month of silence
  • another announcement there will be restrictions
  • outcry from the APAC community
  • 3 weeks of silence
  • announcement of completely unacceptable restrictions
  • a weekend of mass un-subscriptions from APAC players
  • a minor pivot on the restrictions from BroadSword
  • no consideration for FTP and Preferred status players

There is more to say, but we are not permitted to talk about in these forums.

If what BroadSword wants is for Shae Vizla to be a new start server with heavy restrictions, Personally I would appreciate it if they came out and said that. Instead of trying to appease both groups of players, which evidently cannot be done.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

I do not believe any representative of BroadSword or EA should be having those sort of conversations in secrecy. Definitely not on any platform they do not control. If it were to happen, it would be a private thread here on swtor.com.

One of the Issues I am feeling (and from my conversations with other players it is the same), there has been no conversations. We are not seeing any representative engaging in conversation, perhaps they are monitoring it we do not know. All we know is we have had:

• Launch of Shae Vizla for the APAC region with no real announcement or publication
  • Delayed advertisement of the APAC relaunch
  • announcement they are Considering restrictions
  • a month of silence
  • another announcement there will be restrictions
  • outcry from the APAC community
  • 3 weeks of silence
  • announcement of completely unacceptable restrictions
  • a weekend of mass un-subscriptions from APAC players
  • a minor pivot on the restrictions from BroadSword
  • no consideration for FTP and Preferred status players

There is more to say, but we are not permitted to talk about in these forums.

If what BroadSword wants is for Shae Vizla to be a new start server with heavy restrictions, Personally I would appreciate it if they came out and said that. Instead of trying to appease both groups of players, which evidently cannot be done.

still better than BroadSword and ea having those sort of conversations in secrecy with no players i would not complain if na and eu players are invited to 

Edited by emperorruby