Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

Just now, Jodstaimpslayer said:

100%! This is our new home so we should get to take our stuff with us like we did when we were forced off the APAC servers in the first place.

Exactly. The devs should treat APAC players wanting to return home as if they were being merged back from the US servers. Which means we get to bring everything, like currencies, credits, gear, strongholds & including our guilds & guild ships for free. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Totemdancer said:

Exactly. The devs should treat APAC players wanting to return home as if they were being merged back from the US servers. Which means we get to bring everything, like currencies, credits, gear, strongholds & including our guilds & guild ships for free. 

If I could bring my guild ship that would be fantastic and save me millions in unlocking our current one. @JackieKo Not sure if it's possible but would be amazing.

Edited by Jodstaimpslayer
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Totemdancer said:

I hardly ever post anymore. But I think this topic is important as an APAC player who lives in Australia to provide the devs feedback.

Once I can transfer all my characters & items from the US servers, I won’t ever play on them again. Which makes transferring everything I own very important to me. I won’t be a happy camper if I am forced to leave stuff behind on the old servers, including credits. 

I’ve been a loyal subscriber since swtor launched on the original APAC servers. I only stopped subscribing for a total of 12 months in the 12 years of playing. I’ve spent at least $3000, if not $4000 on this game. And I believe EA, BioWare or Broadsword owe me the courtesy of transferring all my characters over for free because I was forced to transfer to the US & that includes my credits & everything else I’ve collected. 

Here’s hoping this info is still being read by @JackieKo

You summed it all up perfectly for me

On 1/21/2024 at 10:18 PM, AFadedMemory said:

Players are not being forced to transfer. Server transfer is a QOL option. Compensation for “lost” credits are not required, especially since they are still usable on source server.  APAC player have, in my opinion, a justifiable argument for discounted or free transfers (which I feel they will get in some form) but BS does not have a legal obligation to give them those. If you don’t believe me read the TOS and Cartel Coin Purchase Disclaimer.

I didn't address this since I don't even know what you mean by players are not being forced to transfer. Certainly I didn't even imply they're forced to transfer. Now my suggestion goes beyond transfers--it actually would apply for all players on the server, not just for transfers. Having a 2x, 3x or even 5x exp/drop rate would be a win for all on the server. Well mostly, since an increase in credit rate could result in inflation with the availability of more credits for all players. Other than that, an increased experience rate would largely take care of the leveling issue that some players might have, though with transfer now there I don't think that would be much of an issue now. Overall though a 3x or 5x exp/drop rate would be a big win for everyone on SV.

1 minute ago, Jarcen said:

I didn't address this since I don't even know what you mean by players are not being forced to transfer. Certainly I didn't even imply they're forced to transfer. Now my suggestion goes beyond transfers--it actually would apply for all players on the server, not just for transfers. Having a 2x, 3x or even 5x exp/drop rate would be a win for all on the server. Well mostly, since an increase in credit rate could result in inflation with the availability of more credits for all players. Other than that, an increased experience rate would largely take care of the leveling issue that some players might have, though with transfer now there I don't think that would be much of an issue now. Overall though a 3x or 5x exp/drop rate would be a big win for everyone on SV.

The problem I see with this though - If it was an "event" like dbl xp, or something "for a limited time", people don't have the time to get online and farm what ever content it might be applicable to. Unless it was a permanent thing, which wouldn't work. As I've said multiple times, a lot of the raiders and community that NEED credits to fund their actual playing experience and not just vanity only raid log. Especially now since people are back at work. 

I seem to notice a slight increase of people in the server since the announcement here. I say slight, like I would think a 1%-5% increase. Hopefully that trend continues as more development comes out regarding this issue.

1 minute ago, frizzydude said:

The problem I see with this though - If it was an "event" like dbl xp, or something "for a limited time", people don't have the time to get online and farm what ever content it might be applicable to. Unless it was a permanent thing, which wouldn't work. As I've said multiple times, a lot of the raiders and community that NEED credits to fund their actual playing experience and not just vanity only raid log. Especially now since people are back at work. 

Can't be a permanent thing. It might be for a long duration though, like say 3-4 months which would be more than enough time for most to recoup credit loss if there is a credit transfer cap.

Just now, Jarcen said:

Can't be a permanent thing. It might be for a long duration though, like say 3-4 months which would be more than enough time for most to recoup credit loss if there is a credit transfer cap.

And for the players that don't work or leave the house, can farm heroics for 3-4 months, and create billions. May as well just allow unrestricted transfers. 

3 hours ago, frizzydude said:

Most of us raid log.

Yes, most of you only spend 1-2 hours in the game a week, yet you demand all decisions the developers make revolve around you....over an issue easily solved by putting in another 1-2 hours into the game a week.

And the funny thing about the cosmetics you're deriding, they make Broadsword and other developers more money than your sub ever will.

https://youtu.be/IHZru-6M8BY?si=z0Grt6QczjhToXKq

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Keegus said:

Yes, most of you only spend 1-2 hours in the game a week, yet you demand all decisions the developers make revolve around you....over an issue easily solved by putting in another 1-2 hours into the game a week.

Another 1-2 hours per week will not get us the credits we need to successful prog raid.

8 minutes ago, Keegus said:

And the funny thing about the cosmetics you're deriding, they make Broadsword and other developers more money than your sub ever will.

Yep, agreed. That's why we don't get any new content anymore. They're too busy making pretty outfits for you to parade around on fleet, then actually create content for the game.

4 hours ago, Dylanof said:

DK and CZ all of 15 minutes boom 300-400k

Night of raiding paid for.

oh i need more  money black hole and taris 40 minutes 400k to 600k

"I'm a hardcore important raider lah de dah" and don't want to play anything else in the game to fund my raiding. and require that i have everything right this instant without the need to progress. I only run two NiM boss's to gear everything and i even have to cheese one but no "Im a big important raider fiddle de de"<---this statement/mindset is the problem

I need to import all this money (that is not of equal value) to buy your augments that you have spent all the time and effort into crafting while inflating the economy and therefore stealing the effort you have placed into the game so far. Inflating the economy taking away the hard work of the rest of the population.

It seems you have an easy solution to your problem.  If I understand your various posts you are ultimately concerned with being stripped of the wealth you have accumulated over 2-3 months of farming.  You could simply buy out crafting items, augs and cosmetics and hold onto them.,, then resell at an inflated price.  You get what you want... and the raiders get what they want.  

3 hours ago, frizzydude said:

And for the players that don't work or leave the house, can farm heroics for 3-4 months, and create billions. May as well just allow unrestricted transfers. 

What I notice here is that the issue seems to stem from being a character from the ground up, which is why there are people who want to have transfers so as to bring their character/s into the server wholesale--meaning their legacy, credits, equipment, etc. Given that there would be a cap at least as far as credits go (BS still hasn't said whether gear and equipment could be transferred as well or if there would be a cap to them), I propose to have something like 3x-5x exp/drop rates for the server. Now it would of course be up to the player how much time they would want to be ingame. Even without an increased exp/drop rate those players who are more active ingame would still have much advantage, for the simple reason they spend more time on it.

From what I see, the whole issue regarding transfer and all stems actually from a time management issue on the part of the players. No amount of concessions made by BS can fix that as even if BS throws everything in the transfer, a number of those same players will still have that issue, and that's something BS can never help with short of letting their staff play for those players.

3 hours ago, Keegus said:

https://youtu.be/IHZru-6M8BY?si=z0Grt6QczjhToXKq

My point exactly (check my post previous to this)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jarcen said:

What I notice here is that the issue seems to stem from being a character from the ground up, which is why there are people who want to have transfers so as to bring their character/s into the server wholesale--meaning their legacy, credits, equipment, etc. Given that there would be a cap at least as far as credits go (BS still hasn't said whether gear and equipment could be transferred as well or if there would be a cap to them), I propose to have something like 3x-5x exp/drop rates for the server. Now it would of course be up to the player how much time they would want to be ingame. Even without an increased exp/drop rate those players who are more active ingame would still have much advantage, for the simple reason they spend more time on it.

From what I see, the whole issue regarding transfer and all stems actually from a time management issue on the part of the players. No amount of concessions made by BS can fix that as even if BS throws everything in the transfer, a number of those same players will still have that issue, and that's something BS can never help with short of letting their staff play for those players.

I get what you're trying to propose - the problem I see is similar to the argument I've tried to make. People will NEED to log in and grind quests to actually progress and make their credits. Not everyone has the ability to do that now that the Christmas period is over. 

1 minute ago, Jarcen said:

My point exactly (check my post previous to this)

The unfortunate thing about this - If the end game community doesn't "partially" get what we want. We leave the server. When "new and returning players" get to level 80 and want to run group content, there is no end game content. No pugs. No progression raids. No operations.

I'm not trying to say that "we are elite and if you don't give us what we want, we leave" - but it is just the reality. We would go back to the US servers, suffer with a higher ping but can afford our content. This server then becomes a SM/conquest server with a low economy.

1 minute ago, frizzydude said:

I get what you're trying to propose - the problem I see is similar to the argument I've tried to make. People will NEED to log in and grind quests to actually progress and make their credits. Not everyone has the ability to do that now that the Christmas period is over. 

MMOs in general are time demanding games. Unlike MoBAs, where you hop on a match that's over in 15 minutes or so, on MMOs you need to set aside time for it. That's the problem with MMOs like SWTOR. It's the nature of the game itself. The game is geared towards those who can put in time for it. At least an hour at the very least daily. MMOs reward those who spend more time on it. It's the very nature of the genre itself.

Just now, Jarcen said:

MMOs in general are time demanding games. Unlike MoBAs, where you hop on a match that's over in 15 minutes or so, on MMOs you need to set aside time for it. That's the problem with MMOs like SWTOR. It's the nature of the game itself. The game is geared towards those who can put in time for it. At least an hour at the very least daily. MMOs reward those who spend more time on it. It's the very nature of the genre itself.

100% agreed. But as a lot of us have continually stated - we have put in the time over the last 10 or so years. And now the minority is expecting us to be penalised because they want to protect their virtual GTN monopoly. 

SV was NEVER advertised as a fresh start - It was advertised as a regional APAC server where the economy would be monitored. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, frizzydude said:

Yes, gaming isn't for everyone. MMORPGs are definitely not for everyone. There's no logical reason to allow any more than a few hundred thousand of credits per character to transfer. If you don't want to 'leave it behind' then you don't have to, the server is still there. 

SV is an amazing place for APAC players and we want it to stay that way. Bringing too many credits in is the fastest way to make it as bad as the other servers where most people would rather take the option of not playing SWTOR at all.

• Like 4

On 1/19/2024 at 10:51 PM, Eneriango said:

With the exception of server transfers coming out late/not knowing what kind of restrictions will be placed on server transfer, what is the consensus of everyone in this forum? Are you excited/happy/relieved that server transfers are happening? 

I am reticent. I am waiting to see what kind of restrictions are placed on character transfers before getting excited. I honestly don't need another server, was gonna go over and play because I have in game friends from Australia that play, but if I can't take my Legacy unlocks, my cheevos, etc, with me, I won't be going over. So everything, for me, is contingent on what restrictions BSware decides on. I also want enough creds to make new toons over there, ain't going over broke either. Don't need billions, but do want to be comfortably able to make new toons without going broke.

• Like 3

This conversation between Raiders vs non Raiders is devolving into madness.  This game has been out for over a decade and there's only 12 full raids, with more than half of them dropping at launch or within the first 3 years and only 2 new ones over the last few years (with the last one R-4 dropping what, 2 years ago?).  If you only play this game to progression raid, cheers to you, but no decisions in this game should be made around you and your kind.  This game never has and never will be a raid heavy game, and I have no idea why so many decisions have been made over the years to cater to the raiding community.  Just saying ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DarthNillard said:

This conversation between Raiders vs non Raiders is devolving into madness.

It's not even just one group of "raiders". All most raiders are asking for is enough to play, they're not asking for hundreds of billions. Mixed in with their posts are posts by people who regard having all those credits as some sort of status symbol (or are eyeing up how much they can expand their "bank account" by taking advantage of the current prices on SV) and are trying to hitch their wagon to the raiders because there are many sympathetic to the raiders issue. I would guess most raiders would be happy with a few hundred million credits (at 100K/wipe, 250 million would be 2,500 wipes).

The question I have is what do you really need tens of billions of credits for? Sure you "earned " them but if they are just sitting in your bank account, what good are they? If you intend to use most of them on the GTN (which is really the only reason to have them all transferred over "right now"), then they are a threat to the functioning economy on SV and would end up having to be removed from the server anyway. There is a balance to be found here, short term at least, as to how many credits move over and how the SV economy is impacted by them.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DWho said:

If you intend to use most of them on the GTN (which is really the only reason to have them all transferred over "right now")

not everybody cares about the GTN economy, some players just want to be able to buy vendor items as needed.

Problem with your "right now" statement, is if it is not right now, it is likely to be never.

If we has some assurance that future unrestricted transfers would be opened if

1. The GTN prices become "too high" again.
  2. The server population stays too low and they want to open it up rather than close the server.
    • it would probably too late by then, maybe call it a relaunch
  3. Other scenario that needs to be addressed (I'm tires)

this could be a one and done. single round of transfers, hence the concern from half the players

truthfully we do not have enough information.

Classic corporate drop controversial news on a Friday night and hope it blows over on the weekend, so they don't need to discuss it IMHO.

I don't know about you, but I believe it hasn't blown over, more blown up.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

not everybody cares about the GTN economy, some players just want to be able to buy vendor items as needed.

Which comes back to my question of how many credits are really needed to do this. How much is needed vs how much is wanted. Free transfers should cover needs not wants. Does transferring it all have any real benefits if you aren't using them anyway?

24 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

I don't know about you, but I believe it hasn't blown over, more blown up.

Probably correct since for some players anything less than everything transferred for free won't be enough.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DWho said:

It's not even just one group of "raiders". All most raiders are asking for is enough to play, they're not asking for hundreds of billions. Mixed in with their posts are posts by people who regard having all those credits as some sort of status symbol (or are eyeing up how much they can expand their "bank account" by taking advantage of the current prices on SV) and are trying to hitch their wagon to the raiders because there are many sympathetic to the raiders issue. I would guess most raiders would be happy with a few hundred million credits (at 100K/wipe, 250 million would be 2,500 wipes).

The question I have is what do you really need tens of billions of credits for? Sure you "earned " them but if they are just sitting in your bank account, what good are they? If you intend to use most of them on the GTN (which is really the only reason to have them all transferred over "right now"), then they are a threat to the functioning economy on SV and would end up having to be removed from the server anyway. There is a balance to be found here, short term at least, as to how many credits move over and how the SV economy is impacted by them.

My point was really that this game is not catered to hardcore Raiders based solely on the lack of Raids they've ever created (for comparisons sake FFXIV has damn near 100 8man/24 man raids - possibly more - and drops new ones every few months pretty much anytime they drop new story bits).

I've beat every raid in this game (except R-4) in at least 8m Story and HM, and am 100% on all the original raids, so I have love for Raiders. But people who label themselves as a "Hardcore Raider in SWTOR" might need to rethink their life decisions 😶‍🌫️

Edited by DarthNillard
  • Haha 2