Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

9 minutes ago, ElariaSing said:

I could point out plenty of examples of APAC players comments and have not witnessed any non-region players making the same types of comments to APAC region players

I could link various ones from other threads. But then it would be singling out those people & that wouldn’t be helpful either. If you haven’t seen them, just check out some of the other threads related to the server. There are enough that it shouldn’t be hard to find the posts Im referring too. 

11 minutes ago, ElariaSing said:

BTW @TrixxieTriss your discord link seems to be invalid... or broken...

Shae Vizla APAC server Discord Channel https://discord.gg/dKRjbVqX

Yes, I know, it’s the old one. Unfortunately the swtor.com account web link is broken on my iPhone & I can’t seem to get it to load up to change it. Honestly, you’d think things like forum signatures would be under the forums setting & not your account settings.

38 minutes ago, ElariaSing said:

What is really causing the Division of opinions and ideas here and in game ... is the lack of effective communication from devs, bad decisions about the APAC server and economic initiative tied to them, and poor implementation and roll out of those decisions... 

I could point out plenty of examples of APAC players comments and have not witnessed any non-region players making the same types of comments to APAC region players ... regardless, that would not help bring everyone together ...

the only hope for survival of Shae Vizla server is working together with other regions whose player base is needed, devs who make the decisions, and APAC region players whose actual quality of game play and community will be directly beneficial... anything else will continue to divide and corrupt something that has barely started...

If a positive and healthy solution is the goal... then unifying in support for a Functional APAC server and character restoration is the only hope... and "The Way" for the future...

Speaking purely for myself I have had enough of players from other regions imposing themselves on the regional server (not fresh start, regional). and I am sure I am one of those players you refer to, but as you said the fault lies with bad communication and a poor implementation, which has led to this divide as players decide for themselves what the devs meant in regard to the server and post their thoughts to suit.

It's frustrating when a player outside your region tries to impose themselves on your new regional server, if they just come to play and respect the region then there would not be an issue.

2 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

While this is true, it can also be said that certain non APAC players have been just as disrespectful of APAC players needs & think they should be ignored in favour of their own. Even though they have their very own regional servers to play on already. That is what’s really causing the division here. 

What is causing the division is that every time an APAC player doesn't get their way they right away start accusing non-APAC players of "ruining" their server. How many APAC players actually like the fresh start server approach? How may non-APAC players were supportive of ways to get the APAC players back on a server that worked for them. The region bashing goes both ways but a lot of the blame goes to just a few APAC players at this point.

Certain APAC players are blaming non-APAC players for the decisions made by Broadsword to look at limiting the inflow of credits. This had nothing to do with any non-APAC players. It was a Broadsword decision. Pretty much everyone knows that Bioware (and now Broadsword) never listen to the players so blaming non-APAC players for Broadsword's positions is completely unfair.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DWho said:

How many APAC players actually like the fresh start server approach

And herein lies the problem, it NOT a fresh start server, it's a regional server.
And people are saying fresh start because they are assuming it's that due to the poor way it was released and expressed badly, but it clearly says it's an APAC regional server.
As a new regional server, it should be listed the same as all other regional servers, where the transfer system is already marked out, but people are trying to make it a fresh start server.
It's fine for those that already have two regional servers and enjoy the low ping and better experience, but they then have to come to the APAC server and impose their will on it, because they want a fresh start server. 

BS should have opened a fresh start server in the US if that was the intention, not a regional server and badly worded the release, but its 100% clear its APAC regional, the rest people assume for the announcement.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Malganus said:

APAC and non-APAC players had the same two options available.
1. Create and level fresh toons to 80
2. Buying boosts to 80.
Would like to see how many were actually leveled opposed to boosted.

Yup we have to pay for things we already have Earn'd/paid for and cannot get a lot of those back, because some want a fresh start feeling...
And somehow that's fair hahaha

2 hours ago, Nommaz said:

And herein lies the problem, it NOT a fresh start server, it's a regional server.
And people are saying fresh start because they are assuming it's that due to the poor way it was released and expressed badly, but it clearly says it's an APAC regional server.

And here in is the == Disconnect and Divide....

Every Actual Interview, Live Stream, YouTube, Post and Announcement describes this server as being a "Fresh Start" server with the "Priority Focus" on testing and data surrounding the Economic Initiative, Secondary Focus on having a limited character experience similar to the start of one's journey on SWTOR, and Tertiary Focus (which doesn't seem to really be a focus at all) having it physically located in the APAC region...

This server was not intended and has not been marketed as such => an actual server Solely and Primarily and/or Focused on the APAC region or the player base here...

Even in all of the Interviews and Live play from the Devs, they state specifically and solely that they enjoy "playing on a new Character for that Fresh Start Feeling".... and experiencing the game from a nostalgic perspective...

:jawa_angel: I understand that the want and desire of APAC region players (myself included) was to have server based here, with decent ping and no lag, with the express wish that it would be an environment where the economy would not be broken, the bugs would be fixed, and the characters we love and built from the time they were younglings would be able to transfer to a new and improved version of the game we all love... BUT... :jawa_frown:sadly that was not and is not the intention of the decision makers ... :jawa_frown:

any delusions that this server was built for and it's focus is here is just that ... a false belief or judgment about external reality, held despite incontrovertible evidence to the contrary...

ONLY == by this SWTOR community, both here and abroad, joining forces and working together will their be a positive outcome that resembles that Hope :jawa_angel:listed above...

Edited by ElariaSing
Fixed Typos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ElariaSing said:

And here in is the == Disconnect and Divide....

Every Actual Interview, Live Stream, YouTube, Post and Announcement describes this server as being a "Fresh Start" server with the "Priority Focus" on testing and data surrounding the Economic Initiative, Secondary Focus on having a limited character experience similar to the start of one's journey on SWTOR, and Tertiary Focus (which doesn't seem to really be a focus at all) having it physically located in the APAC region...

This server was not intended and has not been marketed as such => an actual server Solely and Primarily and/or Focused on the APAC region or the player base here...

Even in all of the Interviews and Live play from the Devs, they state specifically and solely that they enjoy "playing on a new Character for that Fresh Start Feeling".... and experiencing the game from a nostalgic perspective...

:jawa_angel: I understand that the want and desire of APAC region players (myself included) was to have server based here, with decent ping and no lag, with the express wish that it would be an environment where the economy would not be broken, the bugs would be fixed, and the characters we love and built from the time they were younglings would be able to transfer to a new and improved version of the game we all love... BUT... :jawa_frown:sadly that was not and is not the intention of the decision makers ... :jawa_frown:

any delusions that this server was built for and it's focus is here is just that ... a false belief or judgment about external reality, held despite incontrovertible evidence to the contrary...

ONLY == by this SWTOR community, both here and abroad, joining forces and working together will their be a positive outcome that resembles that Hope :jawa_angel:listed above...

"

Greetings from Keith Kanneg,
Executive Producer of Star Wars™: The Old Republic
I am pleased to announce that we have returned to the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region and opened a new server called Shae Vizla!"

This is how the marketing email read, and what I came back for.

2 hours ago, Nommaz said:

Whatever you want to call it. Broadsword clearly intended it as an an experiment on how their economic changes impacted new players (something that is impossible with the overblown economy on the other servers). You are just using the term "fresh start" to pretend there is something wrong with restricting the credit influx into the server.

Edited by DWho

5 hours ago, Nommaz said:

It's frustrating when a player outside your region tries to impose themselves on your new regional server, if they just come to play and respect the region then there would not be an issue.

I think this is how many of us APAC people feel. It’s not that we don’t want other regional people playing on the APAC server, many of us want as many to people to play as possible. All are welcome as long as they are respectful. Sadly, it’s feeling like we are expected to bow down to other players demands from other regions. This is actually dividing the community & it could have been avoided if Broadsword had been clear about their intentions in the first place. Instead they’ve divided their attention and that’s divided the community.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DWho said:

You are just using the term "fresh start" to pretend there is something wrong with restricting the credit influx into the server.

No I am not, I couldn't care less about limiting credit transfers, if you read my earlier posts you'd know that.
My main concern as it has always been that players are trying to turn it into a fresh start server, and this all started because they made posts suggesting that our regional server is treated differently to our servers. 
I want my characters I have played for years brought over, if they want to limit credits I don't care, but I want them complete with all achievements and items as is. I do not think that's unfair to ask for, but it seems to some it is.

Secondly a lot of those players are not in our region, and as such those voices should not hold as much weight, and to be honest should just leave us be in regard to what is done with our server, if they want to play on it, the more the merrier I am not suggesting they don't, just that they respect the region.

Lastly, ANY changes made to our server should be made across the board to all regions. 

1 minute ago, Nommaz said:

Lastly, ANY changes made to our server should be made across the board to all regions. 

That statement I agree with. The server shouldn't be treated differently. If you want to transfer 4 billion per character, fine, that costs CCs for everyone else, it should cost the same for APAC players.

7 minutes ago, Nommaz said:
Greetings from Keith Kanneg,
Executive Producer of Star Wars™: The Old Republic
I am pleased to announce that we have returned to the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region and opened a new server called Shae Vizla!"

Fresh and New are kinda similar.

Swtor returns to APAC. Previous toons not so much.

It’s worth mentioning they made no promises that toons or legacy would return

(The main reason I made this post is because this is the current hot topic thread🫠)

9 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

Fresh and New are kinda similar.

(The main reason I made this post is because this is the current hot topic thread🫠)

Information you will want to know:
  • All players will start from level 1; however, character and level boosts are enabled.
  • Transfers are not available at launch, but we intend to open them at a later time
The team and I look forward to your visit!
- Keith

13 minutes ago, Nommaz said:
Information you will want to know:
  • All players will start from level 1; however, character and level boosts are enabled.
  • Transfers are not available at launch, but we intend to open them at a later time
The team and I look forward to your visit!
- Keith

I never stated they had no intentions to allow transfers.

I have stated they can modify their plans because of the specific language they used in their announcements. (Intend does not equal will/promise)

if people don’t use the server it won’t matter what they intended to do. Hopefully they decide to send SS players to SV  instead of closing the server in that area. (Assuming SV is not producing the desired results)

Edited by AFadedMemory

3 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

I never stated they had no intentions to allow transfers

27 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

I'm obviously confused. 

56 minutes ago, Nommaz said:

I'm obviously confused

Did BS bring toons that were on closed servers to SV the moment it opened? As far as I know the answer is no. Hence SWTOR back toons not so much.

BS made Zero promises concerning the actuality of SV transfers. That fact means they did not guarantee transfers and they did not guarantee no transfers. It does mean they can do whichever option they want.

Edited by AFadedMemory

29 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Could you imagine the outrage from US players if they tried that 🤦‍♀️

If they have to close the server a merger will have to happen. (I mean legally they don’t have to do anything, but for PR they probably would) Im simply saying that I would prefer to keep SV open over SS.

30 minutes ago, Nommaz said:

Especially with limitations haha

Mergers and transfers are not the same. If a merger is needed that means neither APAC returners or fresh starters produced the needed results to keep the server open🤣

As I said earlier they technically don’t have to move anything when they close a server. (Would probably cause bad PR though) I will admit it would make more sense to move SV stuff over to SS but that would be quite tragic don’t ya think.

Edited by AFadedMemory

13 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

If they have to close the server a merger will have to happen. (I mean legally they don’t have to do anything, but for PR they probably would) Im simply saying that I would prefer to keep SV open over SS.

Im not disagreeing with your idea. From a purely selfish perspective. If they did do that, I wouldn’t be unhappy because I want a local server in APAC. 

Im just saying I can already hear the potential screams from NA players if they did do that & I would certainly have sympathy for them because it would be a horrible experience. 

If they had to close SS for what ever reason. A more humane solution would be to let players choose which server they were merged with. But Im not sure if that’s even possible.

So maybe just letting players move their whole legacy & everything with it for free would be a better solution. Which is the option I would like for every APAC player, regardless of the server they currently reside on. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

3 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Im not disagreeing with your idea. From a purely selfish perspective. If they did do that, I wouldn’t be unhappy because I want a local server in APAC. 

Im just saying I can already hear the potential screams from NA players if they did do that & I would certainly have sympathy for them because it’s would be a horrible experience. 

If they had to close SS for what ever reason. A more humane solution would be to let players choose which server they were merged with. But Im not sure if that’s even possible.

So maybe just letting players move their whole legacy & everything with it for free would be a better solution. Which is the option I would like for every APAC player, regardless of the server they currently reside on. 

It would definitely be an interesting development. The ensuing threads would surely be lively.

Picking and choosing would be nice though it would probably take more time/effort.

I wonder which server  SV would merge with if it closes?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.