Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

1 hour ago, Anhkriva said:

If I remember correctly, yesterday on Malgus I saw an offer of 100 million credits for $3.60

Thanks for the info. I remembered the offers use to be cheap but thought something changes because of the $17 price on sv. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if people are buy credit at that price with the hopes of transferring it over lol.

Edited by AFadedMemory

Well Trixxie, it seems like there are some APAC players that transferring all their wealth to SV is more important than better ping so how about this update to your idea:

Free transfers of all APAC characters until you reach a legacy max of 250 million credits (minimum character level of 20 to keep people from using throw away characters to transfer tons of items). After that, all transfers are full price. That way the people who want to transfer over for the experience of playing on a low ping server can transfer lots of characters while those for who it is more important to have lots of credits, can only transfer a few (or pay a lot to do it).

The transfer cost should limit the influx of credits in much the same way as giving free transfers with limited credits.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:
  1. You are spot on and no one from APAC disagrees with you
  2. you are mistaken that players need restrictions on credit transfers (or any other transfers for that matter) for them to continue playing on SV as a fresh start
    • Any player can CHOOSE not to transfer any characters, thus preserving their ability to play on SV as a fresh start server
    • BS could open up options in the transfer process to allow players to CHOOSE what is transferred.

your comment that both can happen is puzzling, you can't not limit and also limit transfers.

BS have had (almost) a month to review the economy, they can choose to continue to monitor it of only so much longer. but some announcement on how they will handle this issue is needed.

From my perspective, I Will drop my subscription and stop playing if they introduce restrictions. playing on SV has been so much better than any of the other servers. I have at a minimum of 6 characters with all the crafting skills I want to transfer.

The only restriction I’m proposing is credits, nothing else. And I’m not suggesting zero credits either.

But they can’t allow billions of credits to flood the server either.

So what amount credits can you reasonably live with in a transfer?

100 million? 250 million? 1 billion? 

That’s the discussion I want to have with my fellow APAC players. What amount of credits can you reasonably accept & keep playing?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

3 hours ago, DWho said:

Well Trixxie, it seems like there are some APAC players that transferring all their wealth to SV is more important than better ping so how about this update to your idea:

Free transfers of all APAC characters until you reach a legacy max of 250 million credits (minimum character level of 20 to keep people from using throw away characters to transfer tons of items). After that, all transfers are full price. That way the people who want to transfer over for the experience of playing on a low ping server can transfer lots of characters while those for who it is more important to have lots of credits, can only transfer a few (or pay a lot to do it).

The transfer cost should limit the influx of credits in much the same way as giving free transfers with limited credits.

Sure, that would suit me the most because I’ve 58 Alts I want transfer from SF alone. But we’ve really only heard feed back from one other APAC player since I’d made that last comment. I’d still like to hear from some APAC raiders on wether 250 million credits is enough for them. 

Just now, TrixxieTriss said:

Sure, that would suit me the most because I’ve 58 Alts I want transfer from SF alone. But we’ve really only heard feed back from one other APAC player since I’d made that last comment. I’d still like to hear from some APAC raiders on wether 250 million credits is enough for them. 

Sure. I like this idea for application to all server transfers. That way players interested in playing or moving to a different server can do so effectively for free if they don't bring tons of credits with them. That solves the issue of players creating a character on the "wrong" server as well as players that are dissatisfied with the gameplay on the server they are on because of changes over time. Moving lots of characters (and even items - I've rethought my position on this and with sufficiently strong credit transfer limits for the free transfers, price rises should be limited in the short term while the economic changes work themselves out) between servers is a lot less problematic than lots of credits.

While I'm not an APAC player, I was able to play the game with less than 100 million credits for most of the time since launch including PVP and raiding without running out of credits, though I don't focus on any one particular game play mode.

3 minutes ago, DWho said:

I was able to play the game with less than 100 million credits for most of the time since launch including PVP and raiding without running out of credits, though I don't focus on any one particular game play mode.

Same, but I’ve not done any raiding since they increased the repair costs. And because of the increased costs, I hear that wiping in raids is causing issues, especially on SV. I’d also imagine that people leading new or returning players through those raids are baring a lot of those costs because newbies wipe more. It’s the reason I’m specifically asking for their feedback, because no other part of the game is as affected by repair costs as operations are. 

I'm from NZ with 22 characters on Star Forge. I'll be watching to see how transfers are handled, but for me it will be an all (characters, legacy, stuff) transfer, or I'll just carry on where I am. FWIW I only have 3 1/2 billion credits across my legacy and characters.

Edited by roachfex
added info

I am a returning APAC player, only coming back if there's an APAC server, I played since Launch and left after Harbinger got merged into another server.

I would be happy with 100m legacy wide. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 2:46 AM, TrixxieTriss said:

The only restriction I’m proposing is credits, nothing else. And I’m not suggesting zero credits either.

But they can’t allow billions of credits to flood the server either.

So what amount credits can you reasonably live with in a transfer?

100 million? 250 million? 1 billion? 

That’s the discussion I want to have with my fellow APAC players. What amount of credits can you reasonably accept & keep playing?

honestly, no limit.

If I am transferring my characters it is so I can play on the new server with them. so I can create more characters on SV and continue playing the game.

unlocks on characters cost credits, companion gifts for characters cost credits, maintaining a guild costs credits.

If I have the credits earned why would I want to throw them away leaving them on a server I am not actively playing on ?

I would not care if it was 1M 1B or 100B, if the player has earned the credits (yes playing the GTN is considered earning) then why should they lose use of them ?

Regarding Repair costs,

I don't see how it is any different whether it is on Shae Vizla or Star Forge.

Earning credits is the same, repair costs are the same.

a player has to do the same activity to recoup the credits for repairs on any server.

disregard the fact that credits are more plentiful on Star Forge and items such as OEM's and RPM's can be sold to recoup credits easily.

If repair costs (and other credit sinks) are inline with credit creation then no changes are required. if it is out of proportion (as many players on SV say), then BroadSword should adjust the costs on all servers.

the economy initiatives have not been about removing mass credits from the game (that is them banning credit sellers), it has been to balance credit creation with the minor credit sinks. 

Edited by FrontLineFodder
farmers != sellers
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, FrontLineFodder said:

honestly, no limit.

If I am transferring my characters it is so I can play on the new server with them. so I can create more characters on SV and continue playing the game.

unlocks on characters cost credits, companion gifts for characters cost credits, maintaining a guild costs credits.

If I have the credits earned why would I want to throw them away leaving them on a server I am not actively playing on ?

I would not care if it was 1M 1B or 100B, if the player has earned the credits (yes playing the GTN is considered earning) then why should they lose use of them ?

You would not be losing them. They would just be considered less valuable if they are not were you want them to be.

Character Transfers are a QoL service. They are not required to play the game. APAC player have a valid argument for transfers because of displacement, but requesting for more item/credit/legacy achievement then what was actually displaced kinda paints the picture that the displacement was not that damaging to ya.

11 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

You would not be losing them. They would just be considered less valuable if they are not were you want them to be.

Character Transfers are a QoL service. They are not required to play the game. APAC player have a valid argument for transfers because of displacement, but requesting for more item/credit/legacy achievement then what was actually displaced kinda paints the picture that the displacement was not that damaging to ya.

If I am only playing the game on SV, anything I have worked for over the 10 years of subscribing being stuck on any other server is not less valuable, it of zero value.

Are you are saying players had made no progress on their accounts since the servers were shut down in Australia.

Wanting to bring the perseverance players have made across many years over to Australia now they have reestablished a local server is not an unreasonable request.

If you want a new server with a reset economy then I support your argument for that, I would suggest it should be located in the US where there would be a player base to support it. BUT that is a seperate issue to having transfers to an APAC regional server.

1 hour ago, FrontLineFodder said:

Are you are saying players had made no progress on their accounts since the servers were shut down in Australia.

Wanting to bring the perseverance players have made across many years over to Australia now they have reestablished a local server is not an unreasonable request.

Ignore that armchair warrior. They started SWTOR in 2018 well after both server mergers, all they've known are the five main servers. On another thread they suggest removing the Republic and Imperial fleet hubs from the game because reasons. 

There's really no reasoning with these people.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

Are you are saying players had made no progress on their accounts since the servers were shut down in Australia

No. I’m saying that since they had the ability and desire to continue to play the game after the merger the damaged was not significant. All items, credit and legacy stuff should have been moved over (I image there could have been some errors with the process) APAC players could (and have) continued to make progress increasing their items, credits, and legacy stuff. If you gave BS/BioWare money you got the perks from doing so (unless an error happened) if you gave the game your time you got interactions with the story/made credits/pvp’d/unlocked achievements etc. Those perks/gains/experience only became less valuable(to the people who continued to play) after a new server in the area became an option. This new server did not erase any of your progress, items, perks or experiences. It just had/has none of it on it. It was that way for everyone (unless bs made special exceptions.)

It would be if APAC zone was the only zone that could move an entire legacy off a server they didn’t choose to be on. Other severs had mergers as well. 

I think it is unrealistic to expect BA to allow non “VIP”  individuals (I would say anyone but I’m sure money or leverage could change their mind) to move an entire server account to a new one when the other server will remain open.

If you want a new server with a reset economy then I support your argument for that, I would suggest it should be located in the US where there would be a player base to support it. BUT that is a seperate issue to having transfers to an APAC regional server

I want to move my entire legacy and guild over to SV. I just don’t thinks it’s realistic or good for the game.

——-

let’s be real BS created to server to make more money. Im pretty sure one of the justification they would use to open transfer would be a possible increase to micro transactions (the 1000cc transfer option) thus expecting tons of free ones is not very realistic. Wanna skip story and play end game? get a boost token (they practically said that in the announcement) want utility decorations fast? buy it from the cc market. Want legacy perks? subscribe so you can buy the ones that cost over a million or use cc. (Note I’m not actually expecting or asking anyone to do this I’m explaining possible desires/beliefs a business like BS might have.)

Edited by AFadedMemory

43 minutes ago, pwhdavey said:

Ignore that armchair warrior. They started SWTOR in 2018 well after both server mergers, all they've known are the five main servers. On another thread they suggest removing the Republic and Imperial fleet hubs from the game because reasons. 

Actually I started in 2015. I created a new account and pretty much stoped using the old one after getting an original collectors edition and using the code on this account.

The removal of fleet was satire. Though I would not actually care if they did remove it.

Edited by AFadedMemory

47 minutes ago, pwhdavey said:

There's really no reasoning with these people.

image.png.0087647c0e41a0de460011dde973dde5.png

and my subscription has been for almost the whole time. (cc issues caused a short lapse)

15 minutes ago, pwhdavey said:

It wasn't about you 🤔

I’m pretty confident they’re just stating they have been around long enough to speak with game experience(through the thick and thin if you would) Not trying to defend their credibility with you.

Edited by AFadedMemory

5 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

I’m pretty confident they’re just stating they have been around long enough to speak with game experience(through the thick and thin if you would) Not trying to defend their credibility with you.

Bleat away non APAC player

• Like 3

19 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

disregard the fact that credits are more plentiful on Star Forge and items such as OEM's and RPM's can be sold to recoup credits easily.

You cannot disregard this though because this is the actual reason they are having trouble.

19 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

the economy initiatives have not been about removing mass credits from the game

That is exactly what they are for to remove credits from the buyers in an effort to cut down on inflation LOL

17 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

but requesting for more item/credit/legacy achievement then what was actually displaced kinda paints the picture that the displacement was not that damaging to ya

Now you are just being ridiculous, how about we just roll you back to your first merger...
Once again leave our server alone, go and fight for your own fresh start server.

17 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

If you want a new server with a reset economy then I support your argument for that, I would suggest it should be located in the US where there would be a player base to support it. BUT that is a seperate issue to having transfers to an APAC regional server.

That is exactly what they want and trying to force it on ours.

15 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

No. I’m saying that since they had the ability and desire to continue to play the game after the merger the damaged was not significant. All items, credit and legacy stuff should have been moved over (I image there could have been some errors with the process) APAC players could (and have) continued to make progress increasing their items, credits, and legacy stuff. If you gave BS/BioWare money you got the perks from doing so (unless an error happened) if you gave the game your time you got interactions with the story/made credits/pvp’d/unlocked achievements etc. Those perks/gains/experience only became less valuable(to the people who continued to play) after a new server in the area became an option. This new server did not erase any of your progress, items, perks or experiences. It just had/has none of it on it. It was that way for everyone (unless bs made special exceptions.)

Once again you are just now being ridiculous have you been on the sauce?

15 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

It would be if APAC zone was the only zone that could move an entire legacy off a server they didn’t choose to be on. Other severs had mergers as well. 

Forced REGION change is absolutely not the same as a server merger in the same reason, you are really grasping at straws in these posts.. Not that any of your feedback should be taken into consideration as someone that shown they are not APAC, and just want a fresh start server.

In fact the rest of your post just seems a passive aggressive post designed to elicit a response rather than actual debate or adding anything to the discussion, stay on your side of the court...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nommaz said:

You cannot disregard this though because this is the actual reason they are having trouble.

The number of high level characters on the established servers allows players to earn lots of credits and conquest, more players, more characters more credits.

give Shae Vizla 12 months and there will also be a large pool of characters generating conquest & credits, perhaps it won't be as bad given the expected lower number of players, similar to the Français and Deutsch servers.

That is exactly what they are for to remove credits from the buyers in an effort to cut down on inflation LOL

That's fair, I should have bolded, underlined capitalised MASS

repairs, taxes travel fees are all about tempering inflation, not removing large amounts of credits from the economy

removal of credit sellers, GS level unlocks, generally big ticket credit purchases. are the MASS credit I was referring to when speaking about repair costs

I stand by my statement on repair costs being non unique to Shae Vizla:

21 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

Regarding Repair costs,

I don't see how it is any different whether it is on Shae Vizla or Star Forge.

Earning credits is the same, repair costs are the same.

a player has to do the same activity to recoup the credits for repairs on any server.

in fact I elaborated on it in another thread:

16 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

I am just repeating what I have said elsewhere, and while I agree it is a problem on Shae Vizla, I disagree that it is unique to SV.

If there was 1 player with 7 level 80 characters, that every day went and did all the heroics on 5-6 planets (one character per day) that player would be generating several hundred thousand to a million credits per day. This would be way above what an average player would be generating, but it would quickly skew the server average credits higher then the average player credits.

I figure the repair costs should be the same across all servers, but be calculated on an average players activities:

• Weekly Repair bill
  • Weekly number of Heroics & Flashpoints (Credit Generation)

e.g. If  the average player runs 15 Heroics each week and spends 50K on repairs they would still have approx 250K credits gained (assuming 20K per heroic at level 80).

If you are not doing any credit generation activities, but constantly wiping in operations, I expect you would be broke real fast. but you are not an average player.

Now if they use Star Forge for calculating what an "Average Player" is it could be a problem. many guilds fund player repairs quite a bit, you could wipe 10 times spending 200k+ on repairs using just guild repair funds and not generate any credits that week (though missions).

Shae Vizla is kind of the opposite of that, guilds are not covering repairs, fewer players have maxed out characters & (due to credit scarcity) players are not doing as many ops.

Either players are not generating enough credits through missions or repair costs are too high, but it's not a Shae Vizla issue.

Now you are just being ridiculous, how about we just roll you back to your first merger...
Once again leave our server alone, go and fight for your own fresh start server.

Wouldn't the forced new legacy on SV put me further behind than that? (granted I have CC unlocked stuff that followed me but if I'm not mistaken apac players would have that also. Even if only first merger account was moved to SV)

Once again you are just now being ridiculous have you been on the sauce?

Expecting to get your entire accumulated swtor experience moved to a different server when the server it is currently on is still open is ridiculous/unrealistic, especially if you expect it to have it happen for free.(realistic does not equal unreasonable) Once again people technically didn't lose anything, and BS/EA kinda legally protected themselves with the agreements players agree to when they make an account, buy cartel coin, sub etc. Is it unwise for them to upset their player base?  Yes it is. APAC players are not SWTOR only player base. 

Forced REGION change is absolutely not the same as a server merger in the same reason, you are really grasping at straws in these posts.. Not that any of your feedback should be taken into consideration as someone that shown they are not APAC, and just want a fresh start server.

In fact the rest of your post just seems a passive aggressive post designed to elicit a response rather than actual debate or adding anything to the discussion, stay on your side of the court...

Displacement is Displacement. Anyone that had their main server merged (you don't have to be in a specific region to consider that region server you main server, especially if it was the only sever you played on.) should be able to ask for the same compensation your asking for. If you're lobbying for everyone that was displaced then I have no issues, if your hyper focusing on just a portion of the people displaced then I have issues. (P.S the fact that this is an online experience and people can and do play on severs that are located in regions they don't live in automatically lowers the regional difference significance/necessities to have servers in every region. I understand the high pings but if it really was an issue APAC players wouldn't have much more stuff then the damaging merger anyway)

I have stated several times I'm cool with transfers. You want your items go for, you want legacy and achievements right on. Credits I have like 1 or 2 billion I don't mind bring over, Though wouldn't SV just be like any other sever? Are those servers maintaining the population BS wants? Will BS make or lose money by doing the same thing over and over? If BS only caters to people who are currently playing the game (giving them more and more advantage over new or returning players) odds are the population is going down not up, and money would probably follow that. IF swtor stop making a significant  amount more than what it spend/costs all the servers will close. (I'm not saying SWTOR is close to being dead, but it is definitely in decline.) I truly feel that if BS doesn't make a compromise it will expedite the process of population decline, not slow it down. 

I admit I'm not in the APAC zone. If BS really didn't want non apac players to post in this thread they would have 1) Said only APAC player can/should post here 2) locked the thread by region. Why didn't they do this? My guess, they either didn't care enough to do so, they don't want to ruffle many feather, or they wanted to but decided it wasn't worth the effort. if it was any of those I would not recommend setting high expectation for merger compensation. 

Edited by AFadedMemory

3 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

I admit I'm not in the APAC zone. If BS really didn't want non apac players to post in this thread they would have 1) Said only APAC player can/should post here 2) locked the thread by region.

They did ask specifically to hear from APAC players. I would say the reason they haven’t locked the thread to the region is it’s not an easy feature to set up on the forums as it would require linking to financial data in a different data base. Plus, they probably don’t want to alienate players. But I’m sure they are reading feedback & hopefully sorting it between known APAC players & Non APAC players like yourself. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

They did ask specifically to hear from APAC players. I would say the reason they haven’t locked the thread to the region is it’s not an easy feature to set up on the forums as it would require linking to financial data in a different data base. Plus, they probably don’t want to alienate players. But I’m sure they are reading feedback & hopefully sorting it between known APAC players & Non APAC players like yourself. 

I agree. that's why I'm saying expecting to much is not good/unrealistic. This is because its won't be easy for them to do, and it would most likely alienate players. (granted that will most likely happen regardless of what they do)

Full server transfer possible but unrealistic. Current/Full Transfer possible and realistic. 

Multiple Free Transfers possible but unrealistic. 1 free transfer (I think it would technically be an additional one) possible and realistic

I would add to the list but I don't think it's really necessary. 

Edited by AFadedMemory

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.