Please do something about incessant mobs infesting every square inch of MAKEB.

lothloriaa

Seriously, why on earth is every square inch of MAKEB full of mobs? I don't want to to have to fight all day to get 1 objective completed.  The mobs do not drop anything worth fighting for and I certainly want to breeze through the game fast to complete all the storylines.  Sure, I could go stealth, but that'll take almost as long since I'd have to walk (and even then, stealth gets caught often too).  Even the roads are full of mobs, every intersection, every open area -- EVERY SINGLE PLACE IS FULL OF MOBS!!!! STOP IT!!!

This is why people quit games like this. The fun is taken away when you have to go into ROBOT mod, killing mob after mob after mob after mob after mob after mob after mob after mob after mob after mob after mob after mob after mob after mob after mob after mob after to INFINITY!

STOP IT PLEASE!!! If you want people to enjoy the game, try removing 99% of the mobs off MAKEB (and many other planets) and let us fight ONLY the mobs we need to, not every single mob on every single planet on every road, intersection, open areas, etc. If I have a place to get to, I don't want to spend hour after hour fighting mobs just to get to that objective.

ALSO: The mobs regen way too fast as well.  If I kill them on the way in, I dang sure do not want/need to have to kill them on the way out either.  

Edited by lothloriaa
  • Confused 1

When i get tired of fighting incessantly  i just  run thru the mobs without fighting  at all.   I have companion in tank mode and  as you run, eventually all the mobs fall off you as their radius is exceeded. You might have to fight a few at the end  .

Your companion will slingshot back to you as you go . 

I don't mind makeb too much but Bugtown gets to be annoying sometimes. 

Edited by sundancebill
new info

I get it, some of you do like to kill NPCS.  I just don't think they need to on the roads, intersections and anywhere near a path you need to PAST to get to your OBJECTIVE.  Makeb is like that, yeah Bugtown too.  Seriously, just back them off so I can get to where I am going without being incessantly accosted and my time wasted.

lol, you'll love Ruhnuk

joking aside only advice ill give is that you stop breezing fast through storylines if its your first time, you'll gain nothing from rushing and only lose on experience and get mad at things like this, its a story driven game as much as you might hate to hear it both bugtown and makeb have a pretty good and lore accurate reason for enemies being everywhere.

Edited by BulbulusTheGreat

There's also the stealth option, choose a stealther as your 2nd combat style and sneak by mobs.

Although stealth means walking, and sometimes you're better off just driving through all the mobs, if you get knocked off can combat stealth out to avoid combat (keep companion on passive, or they can keep you combat after you stealth out).

Or just kill the mobs, doesn't take too much time once you know what you're doing.

There is one place on Makeb where I agree with you: in the middle of one of the islands there is a very tranquil area filled with waterfalls and is a gorgeous area. It would be a great place to meditate and RP.  The mobs there ruin it.  Devs, if you wanted to remove the mobs from that one spot I would be most grateful.

Recommendation for the thread title: have it say something more specific than "do something".  Doubling the number of groups and doubling the number of mobs in each group would count as doing something, and yet I don't think you want them to do *that*.

Example: "Please reduce the number of mobs on Makeb"

On 11/16/2023 at 7:42 AM, BulbulusTheGreat said:

lol, you'll love Ruhnuk

joking aside only advice ill give is that you stop breezing fast through storylines if its your first time, you'll gain nothing from rushing and only lose on experience and get mad at things like this, its a story driven game as much as you might hate to hear it both bugtown and makeb have a pretty good and lore accurate reason for enemies being everywhere.

Not my first time with this game, so I don't need all the back story crud. I'd rather just get my required class and storyline stuff finished ASAP so I can move on instead of incessantly fighting unnecessary mobs.

When playing on Makeb, it helps a lot to remember the 'return to base' cheat code:  Jump off the nearest mesa cliff into oblivion.

• You'll respawn at the closest base, which is usually the starting point for that mesa.
    • Sometimes you'll respawn at a different outpost, but even these are typically on a pretty-clear road.
  • There is no repair bill for an out-of-combat death.
    • I did recently die after being knocked off a platform by a mob and had no repair bill at all:  I probably 'leashed' the mobs and exited combat before actually dying.

Cheap, fast, and typically really easy to do on Makeb in particular.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ominovin said:

When playing on Makeb, it helps a lot to remember the 'return to base' cheat code:  Jump off the nearest mesa cliff into oblivion.

• You'll respawn at the closest base, which is usually the starting point for that mesa.
    • Sometimes you'll respawn at a different outpost, but even these are typically on a pretty-clear road.
  • There is no repair bill for an out-of-combat death.
    • I did recently die after being knocked off a platform by a mob and had no repair bill at all:  I probably 'leashed' the mobs and exited combat before actually dying.

Cheap, fast, and typically really easy to do on Makeb in particular.

Yah i use suicide a fair amount on Makeb to get around as the transport points aren't that numerous  and the death scream is amusing.

"You take 0 damage"