Why do developers and players do everything to destroy the PvP aspect of the game

Ikolium

Hello, I'm using ChatGPT to translate my words, I hope they will be understandable to you

"I have a lot of questions regarding the PvP in this game and many things that I find terrible and unacceptable.

Why does it often happen to me (almost every day, sometimes multiple times a day) to enter the arena where I find myself in a 2vs4 or 3vs4 situation, and sometimes facing 3 DPS against 2 tanks and 2 DPS or even an optimized team?

What's the purpose of doing this? I should specify that I am on the French server, but other servers won't be protected from my criticism because I've played on all the game's servers."

For someone like me who's trying to win their arenas, entering an arena where the first round is already lost and the second round is probably a lost cause is really frustrating. Because not only do I assume that my deaths and zero damage statistics are counted in my record, even though I'm not responsible for them, but I also feel like I'm completely wasting my time and losing my enjoyment of the game."

"But that's not all. On the Star Forge American server, I spent days doing arenas and kept ending up on a team with a memory assassin who spent his life not playing and staying invisible. He was making us waste our time and our statistics, and it was totally impossible to block or ban him from PvP, even though he's doing everything to ruin our gaming experience. Not to mention the players who use /stuck during the match because they don't want to play."

Pourquoi laisser vous ce genre de joueur non bannissable du pvp ? "Why do losses in matches that are already lost or 2vs4 situations count towards our game statistics?"

"Before we get to the issue of bugs, we still need to address the mentality of players and optimized 8-player teams."

Why do 8v8 players often stop playing in the middle of a match when they're losing in terms of kills or objectives? Why do they spend their time either staying on defense or fleeing from combat? I've literally played entire matches on all the game's servers where I died 50 times because I was the only player on my team engaging in combat, while the others did nothing or were in defense. Why come to PvP to do that?"

"I don't understand the mentality of PvP players in this game who don't want to engage in actual PvP."

Now, we need to talk about two things: 8-player teams and game exploit bugs."

Why do they allow players to tag in 8-player PvP with heal and Shank, meaning optimized damage tank builds that are even more formidable?"

"What's the benefit for me of being on a team of 8 players who are completely inept and having to fight against a team of players who think they're strong in PvP because they're optimized and are slaughtering everyone, sometimes with zero kills and 50 deaths? It's just utterly impossible to do anything about it; the average player skill level is way too low to counter such teams."

"Okay, now we need to talk about exploit bugs and bugs."

Why is there a way to fly in Huttball? Why is there a way to become immortal in Voidstar matches? It's true that it's extremely rare for players to know how to exploit these issues, but it exists, and it's extremely frustrating to face. And now, why do many players complain about bugs or desync issues, where when they jump on an enemy, the enemy ends up in the same starting location?" 

In summary, there are significant issues with PvP in the game, including player mentality problems, unbalanced matches, and various exploits and bugs. You believe that players should stop playing as tanks or in optimized setups, stop not participating in matches, and that the game should prevent 8-player optimized teams. You also suggest allowing players to ban those who intentionally ruin the gaming experience. Thank you for your feedback, and have a good day.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, septru said:

Very interesting. Are ChatGPT and traditional translators like Google Translate that different? This translated text is actually pretty good. 

I think it still missed some of the nuances in translation that I think were opposite to what the poster meant (maybe, maybe not). Not sure google would be better or worse without the original French version to compare it too. 

Lots of those issues would be solved if there were consequences for losing and incentives for winning beyond a stupid quest completion rate that nobody cares about. They don’t need to “bring back ranked,” they just need to put some competitive incentive in.

It’s a shame the resources it would take to create a simple rating system to fix this is such a momentous undertaking it can’t be done any time soon. Ohhh wait it wouldn’t because they said two weeks ago they already have such a system, it’s just hidden from players being able to see it. This philosophy is obviously working great, pvp is super healthy!!!

Edited by SoyElSenado

42 minutes ago, SoyElSenado said:

Ohhh wait it wouldn’t because they said two weeks ago they already have such a system, it’s just hidden from players being able to see it. This philosophy is obviously working great, pvp is super healthy!!!

Their claim of that spoke volumes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lord_Malganus said:

Their claim of that spoke volumes.

The devs have made that claim before, about 4 years ago. I’ve complained about this on & off for years. The only logical reason for not showing players their own hidden ELO is they don’t want us to be able to prove how broken their matchmaking system is by comparing players ELO in matches. If we could do that, someone half decent in mathematics would be able show how incompetent they are writing a matchmaking algorithm. Better to hide it from us & make lame excuses than actually write a proper algorithm that works 😉

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

The devs have made that claim before, about 4 years ago. I’ve complained about this on & off for years. The only logical reason for not showing players their own hidden ELO is they don’t want us to be able to prove how broken their matchmaking system is by comparing players ELO in matches. If we could do that, someone half decent in mathematics would be able show how incompetent they are writing a matchmaking algorithm. Better to hide it from us & make lame excuses than actually write a proper algorithm that works 😉

i mean...I don't pretend to know how "easy" it would be, but the priority on this elo has to be low. the priority for regs is pops. and there are way too many factors involved to be very serious about elo. look how long it took to make rated matches where elo mattered, and that was with a much smaller player pool...and not premades.

16 minutes ago, krackcommando said:

i mean...I don't pretend to know how "easy" it would be, but the priority on this elo has to be low. the priority for regs is pops. and there are way too many factors involved to be very serious about elo. look how long it took to make rated matches where elo mattered, and that was with a much smaller player pool...and not premades.

They already have the ELO, it’s just hidden from us. They could have released it years ago. But they know their matchmaking algorithm is broken & make excuses for it instead of showing us the numbers. 

17 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

They already have the ELO, it’s just hidden from us. They could have released it years ago. But they know their matchmaking algorithm is broken & make excuses for it instead of showing us the numbers. 

i can read. you already said that. I'm just pointing out that elo in the "regs" pool isn't and cannot be very important in putting together matches.

12 hours ago, krackcommando said:

i can read. you already said that. I'm just pointing out that elo in the "regs" pool isn't and cannot be very important in putting together matches.

The point is, Trixxie and SoyElSenado simply pointed out, developers have admitted a system that exists and is already in place, is purposefully being ignored and hidden from the players. I also remember it and said, "Their claim of that spoke volumes". So I agree with Trixxie, them hiding it from players prevents mathematical proof of their incompetence from being posted for all to see.

1 hour ago, Lord_Malganus said:

The point is, Trixxie and SoyElSenado simply pointed out, developers have admitted a system that exists and is already in place, is purposefully being ignored and hidden from the players. I also remember it and said, "Their claim of that spoke volumes". So I agree with Trixxie, them hiding it from players prevents mathematical proof of their incompetence from being posted for all to see.

purposely being ignored? 😄

unlikely.

a low priority in composition of groups? yeah. that's likely.

mathematical incompetence mumbo jumbo...not at all relevant to anything I posted. why do you two continue to reply to me about that as if I'm arguing it one way or another?

Edited by krackcommando
  • Like 1