Content creator struggles....

UniSols

Hello!

I am a content creator on twitch and i play SWTOR daily and stream it.
However the past few weeks there seems to be a problem. My streams are being muted.

I wanted to do some good dutch content  for this awesome game and play ALL the storylines again from the start so i could explain players and potential new players how it works and get them aquainted with the game. Now my streams are being muted, because at the beginning you hear the STAR WARS THEME. Why is this?  this is totally ruining my streams and also it prevents me from being a good content creator and offer solid content for this game. 

Is there anything that can be done about it?
Thank you for your time reading this,

has that not to do with the licensing there own from star wars theme.

since this game not owns the star wars theme licensing so its maybe against the rule's from twitch.

so there cant help you at all since it has notting to do with then.

Edited by Spikanor

2 hours ago, UniSols said:

Hello!

However the past few weeks there seems to be a problem. My streams are being muted.

I wanted to do some good dutch content  for this awesome game and play ALL the storylines again from the start so i could explain players and potential new players how it works and get them aquainted with the game. Now my streams are being muted, because at the beginning you hear the STAR WARS THEME. Why is this?  this is totally ruining my streams and also it prevents me from being a good content creator and offer solid content for this game. 

Twitch probably works the same way is Youtube, Star Wars music is not allowed. You do not own the rights to use that music without permission. Most of the SW videos that get used on YT cannot be uploaded, or if it somehow passes their filter, the video will eventually be taken down, or hasn't been taken yet, same as what's happening on Twitch.

2 hours ago, UniSols said:

Hello!

You can disable music from preferences. Yeah, it will not be the same without the music, but sound effects and voice acting are still there, and that's better than being completely muted.

You'll just have to turn off the music. There's lots of music in the game from the original movies and prequel trilogy. It's heard most often during conversations. Twitch is pretty strict about copyrighted music like that. You could try Youtube instead, though I'm not sure how much of a community is there for game streaming. On Youtube most often copyright owners will just take ownership of the video and ad money. It would be a problem if you are trying to make a career out of streaming but not if you are just doing it for fun. I've seen quite a few videos with Star Wars music that never get taken down, but you can see in the description the content ID system claimed it for Lucasfilm/Disney.

8 hours ago, UniSols said:

Now my streams are being muted, because at the beginning you hear the STAR WARS THEME. Why is this?

In the sentence before your question, you answered it.  That Star Wars theme is covered in at least two ways by copyright(1), and Twitch, like similar services (YouTube, DailyMotion, etc.) are obliged to follow copyright law in what they allow to be uploaded/streamed.

(1) Yes, two.  A musical recording is covered by *performance* copyright (owned by the musicians whose performance was recorded, or by the company that paid them to play(2)), and by the *composition* copyright (the rights covering the actual written-down musical notations).

(2) Look up "work for hire".  If you make a copyrightable thing that someone is paying you to make (e.g. a musical performance, the software your company pays you to write(3), etc.), that someone owns the copyright, and not you.  Well, that's the way that US copyright law works, anyway.

(3) Almost all the code I have ever written over the last 34-almost-35 years falls into this category.

Thank you all for your kind replies.

I dont think there is any other solution then to not stream this with music.
I do understand the copyright stuff, i am a musician but i dont understand if you buy a game, you pay for it every month, you PROMOTE it, that they are still being a **** about copyrights.  If i was the owner of Star Wars i would let streamers promote my product. This can only benefit sales. This is just stupid imo.
But again thank you for all the good advise i will stream without music then, Its doesnt feel like its complete but there is no other  choice

Someone would need to pay. Since SW music is a big deal, seems out out the question for all SWTOR streamers. Twitch will also not pay for them.

The game (editor/developer) should be the one that needs to make a deal. And it would be a good thing if they do that as swtor twitch is in a very sorry state. They game could benefit a lot with twitch/prime drops and more open relationships with content creators.