The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Remove the 30 days wait to access guild bank, please

Hrafnhildur

Hi.

This restriction is stupid and absurd because

1. some guilds recruit people Tuesday shortly before server reset, let them stay in guild for 3 weeks, not help them in any way, they kick them. These players are disadvantaged and used as Conquest Points milk cows and don't even have the possibility to get a crystal or bronze-quality armor set from guild bank, even if the guild bank is full of them. 

2. if someone joins a guild on an alt, why should they wait 30 days to get items from guild bank, given the fact that they have been in that guild for a while and have the right to take items with their old-in-guild characters? 

3. is not helping the newcomers! there are many new players who might benefit from items with low financial value such as crafted color crystals, crafted cosmetic armors and so on. why make them wait 30 days or, in case an officer wants to trade them the requested items, tax that officer with a big fat tax?? again, if I want to put a gold quality armor set in guild bank for a newbie to take, that should be MY decision, not anyone else's. 

Please remove this restriction. 

Thanks. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hrafnhildur said:

some guilds recruit people Tuesday shortly before server reset, let them stay in guild for 3 weeks, not help them in any way, they kick them. These players are disadvantaged and used as Conquest Points milk cows and don't even have the possibility to get a crystal or bronze-quality armor set from guild bank, even if the guild bank is full of them

The second half of the argument is irrelevant, because the sort of guild that will recruit and kick on that basis probably wouldn't give the milk-cow members access to the bank anyway.

A moderator removed my comment because I only partially censored myself using profanity to call out their INSANE PRIVATE SALES TAX. I don't know if I was reported or if a moderator actually looked at it, but I'll say it again.

This option was put in for the sole purpose of making it so people couldn't easily circumvent the DEV's KRIFFING INSANE private sales tax.  That is the root of this-- in an effort to get inflation under control the developers have cut off their nose to spite their face.  I acknowledge that prices are dropping, but I also acknowledge that I am no longer giving gifts of credits or items to new players since I am so heavily punished now for it.  Our guild does a trivia raffle night every month, and now because of fees we have been forced to use the guild bank, and new guildmates have to wait for weeks to participate.  These taxes punish the poor.  Out of curiosity, devs, how many paying players disappeared when you put a cap on how many credits a player could have in their legacy bank and stole billions from them? How much money did you end up losing over that?

I'm salty that my self censoring apparently didn't fly, but saltier still that paying customers are being punished for wanting credits in the game, especially when easy credit sinks like appearance customization, customization to blaster and lightsaber sounds, year round slots that have chances for rare CC items are never even tried. Instead your knee-jerk reaction has been to put your hand into the pocket of everyone whenever they try to have a private interaction with someone.  It's nuts and these policies should be changed.

Well i have a slightly different opinion on the matter. Imo this IS griefing.

Combined with the new criminal tax rates on item trades it gives me a lot of grief when i make a new character on one of my accounts and need to transfer stuff from other accounts to the new character. You have to first put the items to the guild bank, then log in another char that's been in the guild for longer than 30 days from the same account than the new character, pull the items and put them to the legacy bank and then finally you can pull the items for the intended character.

It's even more difficult when you try to gift stuff for friends or guildmates. And impossible if you wanted to give stuff to strangers ( =newbies you meet on starter/capital planets).

The whole thing is completely unneccessary. All they needed to do is increase GTN sales cap and add the 8% tax to itemless CREDIT TRADES and mail. The 0,02% of players who would still try to circumvent taxes by using expensive items as currency wouldn't hurt anything in the big picture. I don't know what excatly they did for credit sellers, but something must have happened as they were selling like 1 bil for a couple of dollars and quite literally overnight it changed to around $2,5 for 100 mil a few weeks ago. And right after that the prices started to fall considerably on their own, before any of these stupid and criminal taxes were implemented. 

The majority of the playerbase only do trades via GTN. Until the inflation raised the prices of even the more common stuff over the 1 bil mark you rarely saw any "WTS" posts on /3. Ofc there was some, but most of them were just advertising for stuff they actually had on the GTN.

Trading for expensive stuff outside the GTN is always a huge risk to get scammed. It's also a lot easier to buy stuff from gtn. Just a couple of clicks and the item is in your mail. No need to chat, no need to meet, nothing. Personally i completely stopped buying and selling any and all items that were going for more than 1 bil for the above mentioned reasons. I Don't think i was the only one either.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2023 at 8:00 AM, Hrafnhildur said:

if someone joins a guild on an alt, why should they wait 30 days to get items from guild bank

A newly guilded character from a legacy that has been guilded longer than 30 days inherits full guildbank permissions.

I agree that 30 days is overlong for the restriction on newly guilded players, though.

18 minutes ago, Crystal_Mind said:

A newly guilded character from a legacy that has been guilded longer than 30 days inherits full guildbank permissions.

Are you stating this as a fact or as a suggestion? 

Just asking because when i've tried it with a new character I was not able to withdraw anything from guild bank. I know that a newly joined character can't do guild conquest until after next tuesdays reset, so i've tried again after that with no luck.

I've always had to pull the items with another character on the same legacy that's been in guild for >30 days than the new one and move the items to legacy bank to get them to the new character.

Edited by Rujopetteri

1 hour ago, Rujopetteri said:

Are you stating this as a fact or as a suggestion? 

Just asking because when i've tried it with a new character I was not able to withdraw anything from guild bank. I know that a newly joined character can't do guild conquest until after next tuesdays reset, so i've tried again after that with no luck.

I've always had to pull the items with another character on the same legacy that's been in guild for >30 days than the new one and move the items to legacy bank to get them to the new character.

Fact, as stated both by the development team when this feature was implemented and my own experience. I've recently brought in fresh alts to my guild, and they had access to the guild bank as soon as their character rank permissions were updated. (Our 'recruit' rank--which is admittedly redundant at this point--has no bank perms).

If your new alts are of a guild rank that has bank permissions, and you have other toons in your legacy that have been in that guild for 30+ days, but you cannot access the guild bank, that is a bug.

Edited by Crystal_Mind

33 minutes ago, Crystal_Mind said:

Fact, as stated both by the development team when this feature was implemented and my own experience. I've recently brought in fresh alts to my guild, and they had access to the guild bank as soon as their character rank permissions were updated. (Our 'recruit' rank--which is admittedly redundant at this point--has no bank perms).

If your new alts are of a guild rank that has bank permissions, and you have other toons in your legacy that have been in that guild for 30+ days, but you cannot access the guild bank, that is a bug.

Good to know. I have to try again this weekend.

I did try it on several new characters though after that dreadfull "tax everyone to death" patch and was not able to pull anything on new characters. And yea, the permissions were in order.

14 hours ago, xordevoreaux said:

Funny, the playerbase (in general) spent years on the forum decrying inflation, but when something's done about it, the playerbase screams bloody murder.

Folks: There is no painless way to bring down inflation. Many nations have tried.

No-one cried bloody murder when a bunch of credit sellers were banned and prices started to fall. That happened way before they started taxing gifts.

11 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

No-one cried bloody murder when a bunch of credit sellers were banned and prices started to fall. That happened way before they started taxing gifts.

Pardon me for not being more specific than somethingRecent, let's say, starting with the tax hits.