How do you guys handle people like this other than put them on ignore?

Sleepydood

These two players were in 6 of my matches today and did the same thing over and over. The player **** even put a link in gen chat which takes you to a site for gsf aimbots.

I've put them on ignore because I thought that stopped me from quing with them in the future, and even while on ignore they were still able to talk to me in ops chat?

Edit; there was a game where ***** went 0-20 and we lost by 21

screenhot removed

Edit; another match. In this match he kept linking the website in ops chat. I'd rather not show the chat or the link since I don't know if I'd get in trouble but I'm sure there is a way for devs to look at chat files? 

screenshot removed

Last edit; removed the screen shots of said player.

Edited by Sleepydood

1 minute ago, Toraak said:

If I were you I'd edit your post removing the person's name. Naming and shaming will just get this post deleted by the devs.

Okay I'm sorry I didn't know. So then this is just something allowed within the game? 

1 hour ago, Sleepydood said:

Okay I'm sorry I didn't know. So then this is just something allowed within the game? 

It's not, but they enforce the forum rules whether you're talking about someone doing something that isn't allowed or not. We give people a heads up to remove things that will get your post deleted so you don't lose the discussion, as the things being discussed are usually worth talking about even if you can't name names.

@JackieKo is your best bet; though you'll need to DM obviously since you can't post evidence here. Also consider emailing them at support@swtor.com and/or submit a ticket in game if you have not done so already. I'd lean toward the email and forum DM personally, as I haven't had a ticket resolved in a way that was helpful in years. 

Posting in this particular subforum is about the least likely way to get help. The devs haven't posted here in a long time, and if they read things here there isn't any indication of it. The last contact they had with the GSF community in any capacity was the debacle that was this thread over in the PTS section. That was before the handoff to Broadsword, and nothing about it was encouraging. 

Edit: feel free to join us in the unofficial GSF Discord server though; if this is something that is actually happening, I would like to make some noise about it. Link in my signature.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DakhathKilrathi said:

It's not, but they enforce the forum rules whether you're talking about someone doing something that isn't allowed or not. We give people a heads up to remove things that will get your post deleted so you don't lose the discussion, as the things being discussed are usually worth talking about even if you can't name names.

@JackieKo is your best bet; though you'll need to DM obviously since you can't post evidence here. Also consider emailing them at support@swtor.com and/or submit a ticket in game if you have not done so already. I'd lean toward the email and forum DM personally, as I haven't had a ticket resolved in a way that was helpful in years. 

Posting in this particular subforum is about the least likely way to get help. The devs haven't posted here in a long time, and if they read things here there isn't any indication of it. The last contact they had with the GSF community in any capacity was the debacle that was this thread over in the PTS section. That was before the handoff to Broadsword, and nothing about it was encouraging. 

Edit: feel free to join us in the unofficial GSF Discord server though; if this is something that is actually happening, I would like to make some noise about it. Link in my signature.

Thank you! I will send an email with the video recordings and screenshots to the email you have suggested. Assuming the video is already enough I'd just like to help if I can by providing more. I wasn't clear on how I would do that since you can't click their names inside of a GSF match (at least no way I'm aware of). And none of the in-game right click report features would really be under this type of action since I think those are mostly a social action report in-game.

I appreciate you clearing up things for me, I took the other post as Dev's protecting people like this and got a little worried, I understand why now though. Others may message them in-game by sharing names here. (can't say they don't deserve in someway)

• 5 months later...

there is no such thing as GSF aimbots.....being that ur movement and targeting are directly connected aim bot would totally mess you up becuase it would be trying to lock on to so many pilots you wouldnt be able to control your flight.....it would just wiggle all over the place until u were able to single someone out

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 6:44 AM, Deadria said:

there is no such thing as GSF aimbots.....being that ur movement and targeting are directly connected aim bot would totally mess you up becuase it would be trying to lock on to so many pilots you wouldnt be able to control your flight.....it would just wiggle all over the place until u were able to single someone out

I wouldn't say it is impossible. Plus something a bit more simple like a trigger bot could be implemented without divorcing the cursor and flight direction.