Do You Prefer The Traditionalist Sith Empire Or The Reformational Sith Empire

KorThariDroth

Do you like the Traditonal Sith (Mostly Pre KOTFE and ET) like Darth Thanaton and ,Tenebrae/Darth Vitiate/Emperor Valkorion/The Emperor/The Immortal Emperor who believe in betraying and backstabbing for their own glory and power and are very xenophobic against anyone not pureblood or human? Or the Reformational Sith Empire(Mainly Post KOTFE and ET) like Darth Krovos, Empress Acina, and Darth Malgus (Before Betraying)  who believe in equality and unification in the empire with no xenophobia?

I very much prefer the Reformational Sith Empire

On 8/17/2023 at 4:24 AM, KorThariDroth said:

Do you like the Traditonal Sith (Mostly Pre KOTFE and ET) like Darth Thanaton and ,Tenebrae/Darth Vitiate/Emperor Valkorion/The Emperor/The Immortal Emperor who believe in betraying and backstabbing for their own glory and power and are very xenophobic against anyone not pureblood or human? Or the Reformational Sith Empire(Mainly Post KOTFE and ET) like Darth Krovos, Empress Acina, and Darth Malgus (Before Betraying)  who believe in equality and unification in the empire with no xenophobia?

I very much prefer the Reformational Sith Empire

Huh.. there's a Chiss Imperial Agent on Dromund Kaas..

There's an alien working for Imperial Intelligence..

There's a Twilek Mandalorian giving you a heroic mission on Dromund Kaas.. ( Vort Norman)

There's a Wookiee Hunt Master in the Mandalorian Enclave on Dromund Kaas..

There's a Devaronian Mandalorian working for the SIth on Dromund Kaas..

There's a LS Twilek Sith Lord ( Lord Aayu) at the Imperial Fleet..

There's a red-skinned Zabrak Sith Lord giving a flashpoint quest at the Imperial Fleet.. 

And so on, and so on.. 

The only "xenophobic" guys are Harkun and the two overseers outside the Sith Academy on Korriban. 

6 hours ago, Hrafnhildur said:

The only "xenophobic" guys are Harkun and the two overseers outside the Sith Academy on Korriban

And the general / moff dude in the back of one of the bases on Impside Taris, part of the Thana Vesh planetary arc, who'll freely insult aliens (meaning the Taris Cathar, but without filters), and an alien player character gets a line something like "Watch it, human!".  When my future-Darth-Noxette Rattataki Sorceress said it, you could almost hear the lightning crackling around her, and I'm pretty sure the general was thinking how he didn't like the idea of taking on a new rôle as a charcoal briquette.

And Grand Moff Regus on Ilum, who snarks about aliens while talking to someone (er, the same Rattataki Sorc, in fact, now also a member of the Dark Council) who can, equally, turn him to charcoal briquettes for any reason she likes (e.g. he has a weird zit on his nose), or no reason at all.

And Major Bessiker's idiot son.  (Go rescue him on an alien inquisitor, and see for yourself.)

No, there's no shortage of xenophobes in the "Traditional" Empire.  (Granted, the general on Taris and Grand Moff Regus aren't Sith, but Bessiker's son definitely is.)

There is also a Cathar Chiss quest giver on Makeb which gives you a bit of lore having to do with more aliens being incorporated within the Imperial army post-Malgus. (Ilum version of Malgus since the man keeps bouncing back from the dead).

There is a Codex entry for it, called "Alien Initiatives". It quotes Regus as being one who opposed it.

On 8/20/2023 at 3:02 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

And Major Bessiker's idiot son.  (Go rescue him on an alien inquisitor, and see for yourself.)

Ahahah forgot about that guy, he really is an idiot ! 🤣

Now back on topic: there are xenophobes in the Republic too, Syo Bakarn & Eric Kaedan criticize Yuon Par for "bringing that Trandoshan to the Temple". Malgus, in the "False Emperor" flashpoint says the Republic shunned the Anomid race - oh well he was a Sith and Sith lie, but still, there aren't many ( if any) Anomid to be seen in the Republic. 

I like the idea of the supposedly unified Empire as opposed to everyone stabbing each other in a back, but I definitely wish there were more Sith hybrids and less aliens and humans around. Ikoral had the right idea:jawa_biggrin:.

I never really liked how the devs decided to give the Galactic Empire aesthetic to a remnant of the old Sith Empire. Even Revan's Empire had a more original feeling to it, despite being an offshoot of the Republic.

Also, having Vowrawn as the emperor is really nice. Shame that Acina has to suffer an accident for that to happen...😈

Edited by Ai_no_Kishi
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2023 at 10:23 AM, Ai_no_Kishi said:

I never really liked how the devs decided to give the Galactic Empire aesthetic to a remnant of the old Sith Empire. Even Revan's Empire had a more original feeling to it, despite being an offshoot of the Republic.

I'd say the Sith Smpire does not entirely have the galactic empire aesthetic. I do think they are similar but I'd say that the Sith Empire kind of has a mix between galactic empire and Ancient Sith, since there is Sith stuff all over the place.

19 hours ago, KorThariDroth said:

I'd say the Sith Smpire does not entirely have the galactic empire aesthetic. I do think they are similar but I'd say that the Sith Empire kind of has a mix between galactic empire and Ancient Sith, since there is Sith stuff all over the place.

Personally, I always considered it as Palpatine giving the Galactic Empire an 'Old Sith Empire' aesthetic to provide a certain continuity between the two, a visible sign (even if he might be the only one who would recognise it) that the Galactic Empire was, with him at its head, a 'New' Sith Empire.

The trouble with the Old Sith Empire is they're all utterly effing hatstand. Presumably nothing gets done. All chains of admin, industry and command constantly break because anyone who commits basic human error is immediately force-choked out of a job. The depth of the experience pool is about a millimetre. No one would realistically wish to progress in their chosen career, unless they were the sort of person who thrives under those particular circumstances, in which case they are also a lunatic and shouldn't be in charge of anything ever.

On top of that, the Old Sith never listen to anyone, and get angry if anybody points out anything perfectly reasonable and helpful (another force-choking offence) Future planning is impossible and most projects go tits up because they ignore their (extremely rare) expert staff.

No, the old Sith Empire is a silly place.

Edited by Jazulfi
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I for one like the principles of the new Empire. A true meritocracy should be open to everyone. But I find that in the last few story updates respect for the Sith is sorely lacking. For example in Major Anri's first scene she trash talks about Malora behind her back and tells you (a Sith) how she doesn't care about the Sith. 7.0 is even worse, my SI got disrespected left and right. It's the Sith Empire, respect your betters. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Whykara said:

I for one like the principles of the new Empire. A true meritocracy should be open to everyone. But I find that in the last few story updates respect for the Sith is sorely lacking. For example in Major Anri's first scene she trash talks about Malora behind her back and tells you (a Sith) how she doesn't care about the Sith. 7.0 is even worse, my SI got disrespected left and right. It's the Sith Empire, respect your betters. 

Have to remember, right now the average Imperial subject has in the last few years seen the Emperor defeated (twice or more, depending on what's public), Korriban - homeworld of the Sith - sacked twice (Revanite/Republic raid and Eternal Empire), numerous high ranking Darths and even Dark Councillors killed in various ways (throughout the game stories, plus recall that Acina became Empress because the other ten or eleven members of the Dark Council were killed by the Eternal Empire, not counting Marr's own death), potentially Empress Acina die on Iokath, just that I can think of off the top of my head.

The image of the Sith has really taken a pounding and that image of omnipresent power and control was a large part of what kept the military and citizenry of the Empire under Sith control, so there are going to be those testing the limits seeing how far they can push, how much of what they've believed about the Sith is just hype and how much can actually be backed up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 4:02 AM, Hrafnhildur said:

Ahahah forgot about that guy, he really is an idiot ! 🤣

Now back on topic: there are xenophobes in the Republic too, Syo Bakarn & Eric Kaedan criticize Yuon Par for "bringing that Trandoshan to the Temple". Malgus, in the "False Emperor" flashpoint says the Republic shunned the Anomid race - oh well he was a Sith and Sith lie, but still, there aren't many ( if any) Anomid to be seen in the Republic. 

was playing a LS Rattataki sorceror when i first ecountered him and decided to make a rare DS choice with him  only regreted it because I liked the father 

There is definitely dissent in the Empire that is festering at the beginning of the story.

Take the story of the Agent for example (Chapter 1).

Or that mission on Dromund Kaas city (for all Imp characters) where you have to defuse bombs. (put them in the storage container).

The traditional Sith Empire was rife with infighting, instability, and incompetence on a tremendous scale with competent and capable staff being ignored, undermined, or flat-out eliminated by their own superiors, equals, and even underlings - often for petty and selfish reasons. Unsurprisingly they were losing the war to the Republic until Arcann showed up and reset the board by bludgeoning the galaxy into submission with the McGuffin Fleet. No one in the old Empire had a unified vision for it and were more concerned with their own power, wealth, and authority. Even the Emperor himself was dedicated to a goal that 99% of his subjects would have been violently opposed to had they been made aware of his actual intentions. The Republic may have been equally rife with corruption but unlike the Empire it never encouraged this self-destructive behavior and there were still systems in place, and ideologues within the structure as a whole, that were willing to root out these dangerous problems and those that caused them. In the Empire those systems did not exist, and those ideologues who regularly being sacrificed or executed.

The reformist Sith Empire is easily superior because it has learned from it's previous mistakes, and adapted in order to survive. This was pretty much the only way forward for the Empire that didn't involve a radical change in system. It's still the same totalitarian fascist state trying to conquer the galaxy, but it's not as stupid or reckless about it as it was before. Not only is it more competent but it's also more dangerous as a result, and thus becomes a more serious threat for the Republic.

• 4 weeks later...

That is one of the reasons my LS BH still supports the Empire. She mentions that in previous dialogue with Marr on Yavin 4 about all the Sith she has killed because of the in-fighting. And if the Sith ever got their act together they could actually win if they could learn to work together. For her the necessary first step was when Marr "teamed up" with his nemesis Satele Shan during SOR to take down the Revanites.  

For my other LS BH, the Empire still is past salvation and the only way forward is with the republic.