How Can I Report Someone Who Is REALLY Irritating Me And Others?

Zolcor

I was on Star Forge around 10:00 PM Eastern on August 9, 2023 at the Imperial Fleet Instance 1, and there was a guy driving a large speeder in circles around the cantina to intentionally annoy people and me around that area. I wanted to report him for Harassment, but I wasn't sure what to do. Should I have done that or left it be? This guy was REALLY getting on my nerves and everyone elses!

Same guy is still using his big red speeder to hover over other players and block them from other players view in the Imperial Fleet's Cantina and possibly other areas of the game. I reported him for Harassment to see if anything would happen to him, but nothing yet. Sigh.

Sadly, the lack of actual GMs means that in that particular case, probably nothing will be done.

Reports get to a queue no be processed later. Even if many people reported that person, as there was no chat involved it would require that the support agent sees it and the ofender is still doing it. Kind of difficult.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2023 at 5:24 AM, Zolcor said:

I was on Star Forge around 10:00 PM Eastern on August 9, 2023 at the Imperial Fleet Instance 1, and there was a guy driving a large speeder in circles around the cantina to intentionally annoy people and me around that area. I wanted to report him for Harassment, but I wasn't sure what to do. Should I have done that or left it be? This guy was REALLY getting on my nerves and everyone elses!

Maybe try to PM him first and ask him nicely to stop? 

11 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

since when has driving a speeder/mount circles around on the fleet become harassment?

I wouldn't label it as harassment unless the person on the mount was following a particular player.

That being said, riding a big mount around anything that other people need to click on, effectively blocking the vendor/trainer/whatever, is extremely annoying.  Someone shouldn't NEED to message someone doing that and ask them to dismount, but I've had to do it a few times.  usually they are like "sorry, I didn't realize..." and they stop.

2 minutes ago, Darev said:

I wouldn't label it as harassment unless the person on the mount was following a particular player.

its more harassment if you use the mounts that has the shooting flourish and follow a particular player then you can call it harassment.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 12:03 PM, Spikanor said:

since when has driving a speeder/mount circles around on the fleet become harassment?

It's Star Forge which means they are disrupting their Erotic Role Playing in the Cantina...

Their Erotic Role Playing can leak into gen chat on fleet which is a real source of entertainment something.

Edited by Darkestmonty

2 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

It's Star Forge which means they are disrupting their Erotic Role Playing in the Cantina...

Their Erotic Role Playing can leak into gen chat on fleet which is a real source of entertainment something.

the OP needs to chill out and people need to stop calling things so fast a harassment when its not a harassment in the first place.

11 hours ago, Tantala said:

Personally I've always felt that speeders should not be allowed on Fleet.  They just take up space and look out of place.

problem is then people are going to complain that there moving to slow on the fleet since there cant reach point A to point B fast.

30 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

the OP needs to chill out and people need to stop calling things so fast a harassment when its not a harassment in the first place.

I agree, playing out Erotic Role Play in gen chat is more harassment than a player on a mount.

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion someone riding a mount doing circles around you is annoying but I would not call it harassment per say. You could take the time and make a small video clip and file a support ticket about it. But chances are good the support team won't do anything about it cause in their eyes it won't be harassment. Chances are they will just tell you to change map instance and move on.

Edited by Minisys

Personally, i think it depends.

I mean... if another player is just riding around on a large speeder it can be annoying, yes but it can't be considered as "harassment"
But if the player is riding around, deliberately blocking things other players can click on, then it actually "can" be considered as "harassment.
and therefore "can" be reported as such.

The problem is however...
If you report it, i doubt anything will be done about it. but if you DO report it,
i'd recommend you make sure u got some solid proof and attach it to that report.
but they'll most likely tell you to switch instance. or go elsewhere.

So my advise:
Try to throw him/her a message first and ask him / her politely to stop (if you haven't already).
and if hes/he does'nt... you can always switch instance or go elsewhere.

Driving in circles on the fleet is the national sport of this game. When I'm waiting for a queue to pop you can bet money that I will be doing 360s as if my life depended on it. I haven't even thought about if that would annoy anyone. Mostly because I don't think at all, I just drive in circles.

And do not even try to stop me or report me, I will defend my God given right to drive in circles to the death!

Edited by Whykara

51 minutes ago, Whykara said:

Driving in circles on the fleet is the national sport of this game. When I'm waiting for a queue to pop you can bet money that I will be doing 360s as if my life depended on it. I haven't even thought about if that would annoy anyone. Mostly because I don't think at all, I just drive in circles.

And do not even try to stop me or report me, I will defend my God given right to drive in circles to the death!

the same thing people do each time on Tuesday to wait when the next conquest start in the 1 hour time limit there is no conquest at all.

there drive there speeders on the fleet in circles since there are killing time with it.

Edited by Spikanor

1 hour ago, Spikanor said:

the same thing people do each time on Tuesday to wait when the next conquest start in the 1 hour time limit there is no conquest at all.

there drive there speeders on the fleet in circles since there are killing time with it.

I find that "/clubdance" works well for killing time.

6 hours ago, Whykara said:

Just driving isn't the issue.  Everyone drives around fleet, but it you single out one player and keep following them and keeping your hugeass mount over them, then that's harrassment.

Even if it is annoying, just driving around is allowed, even parking your mount to hide vendors is allowed (but still a jerk thing to do).  Same as those dancebombs that I detest.  Bioware lets other players have items that force your character to do things, so you can't complain about them.

6 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

but it you single out one player and keep following them

Tell that to my guildies, not only do they follow me, or wait for me to pass them, once I'm grouped with them to start an op, a sage in the group inevitably flings me over the railing while I'm running circles around the outer ring of fleet.

They love me :)

5 hours ago, xordevoreaux said:

Tell that to my guildies, not only do they follow me, or wait for me to pass them, once I'm grouped with them to start an op, a sage in the group inevitably flings me over the railing while I'm running circles around the outer ring of fleet.

They love me :)

Yes, and a friend might give you a surprise hug and that's fine, but if  stranger does it then you can punch them and call the cops on them.

Please don't joke about harrassment like that.