Make Eternal Championship feasible again

BBWGBlack

Hello,

I posted it recently in the german sub-forum, but i think it belongs here.

Yesterday I tried to complete the single-player Eternal Championship with an admittedly non-optimized Lightning Sorcerer (Lvl 80, Gear-Lvl about 320, Companion Lvl 50). After two hours i resigned. It is absolutely impossible. The Brawler with 2 Gundarks was tricky but with muuuch kiting possible. Nocturnus & Drake was also pretty hard, but after a lot of tries also manageable. But Lvl 9, the Isotop-5 Droid, is absolutely impossible.

Even with micro-management (Companion set shortly on passive during the laser-beam, or putting him manually to one of the 4 droids that spawn) there is no chance. Also i tried every role for my companion. nothing worked.

Imho it was already not so easy before 7.0, depending on the class you were using. Yes, it is nice that you can use 2 Styles of Combat for your char. But I think you should be able to do a simple STORY Quest with every class. I mean it's an achievement, so it has to be possible to be achieved. And it has to be possible for also the non-pro-Players. It can't be the idea of the Quest, that you can only achieve it, when you have OP gear, and pro-skills.

And I am still speaking of the class achievements. I don't see any possibility to get the Achievemenet "Sprint-Champion" anymore, maybe by those people who run nightmare OPs as if it were SM-OPs.

Why was it nessecary to change it? Before it was just fine. The Story-Achievements weren't not extremely hard, and if you wanted a real challenge, you could go for the time-challenge.

Again, its not about running through it without any challenge, but it has to be possible at all. I may be no pro, but I also run some HC-OPs like Ravagers etc... So I am also no absolute noob.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

lite necro-ing this because I am so super frustrated with the eternal championship. I have run it countless times, chasing that sprint champion cheevo/legacy title as it's the last one I'm missing on my achievements for it and I am by no means a noob, I run plenty of HM/Vet stuff frequently and am in a prog team for hardmares and nim. I play with my companion on dps or no companion at all. Heck, when I do the eternal championship, I run it with a dps companion on all the enemies except the darn "make you dead" guy and his two beasts. And still having trouble getting this one achievement done. Legitimately I feel I might have gotten it by now if the timer didn't account for the blabbermouth of an announcer person... the fact that that alone takes about 6 min of the 15 min needed is beyond brutal. 

Now, I know that fixing this is not a priority for the game right now, but I'd love wish for sometime down the line they can go in and idk if re-tune the bosses or make it so the timer doesn't count when the announcer is making their monologues that go on and on and on and on.... I am one of the weirdos who actually enjoys the mission, and I'd love more boss rush like missions like this! Plus t there's always that rancor mount I want too as an incentive to keep running it (had it drop on a toon i didn't want it on, cursed bind on pick up :( ). 

Just something I'd like to see given a bit of love... of course after the bigger and more important things get fixed

Edited by Leoperaghost

You're almost 5x better to run Solo+ with a friend.  Still I agree with you it got even harder after 7.0 cause of ability pruning that occured, not to mention the slightly longer cast times for several classes too!  

I asked the author @JediAAK of the Vulkk Guide to reconsider updating his Blog for 2024, as he originally posted it to the forums back in 2016, then had last updated it in 2021 prior to 7.0 in fact. 

SWTOR Eternal Championship Guide - VULKK.com

He informed me recently that he had just updated it to most recent patch, and may also be updating the Video Segment within the next few weeks. 

Good Luck!

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

From the VULKK guide for the sprint champion cheevo:

Survived all ten rounds of Mayhem at the Arena Grand without the aid of a group and under 15 minutes.”

which is what I thought was the case. Solo+ won’t help me and I imagine plenty of other folks who want the specific achievements, I can run it just fine solo myself. This sprint champion achievement is going to be my white whale…

if it helps folks who just want to run it for GS, or something though, i can see the Solo+ being an option.

Edited by Leoperaghost
Found my answer

On 8/2/2023 at 12:41 PM, BBWGBlack said:

Nocturnus & Drake was also pretty hard, but after a lot of tries also manageable. But Lvl 9, the Isotop-5 Droid, is absolutely impossible.

Even with micro-management (Companion set shortly on passive during the laser-beam, or putting him manually to one of the 4 droids that spawn) there is no chance. Also i tried every role for my companion. nothing worked.

Why was it nessecary to change it? Before it was just fine. The Story-Achievements weren't not extremely hard, and if you wanted a real challenge, you could go for the time-challenge.

I had only responded after reading your first post, so yes they did make it harder with 7.0 as you stated, and it was already challenging enough.  You mentioned if you wanted a real challenge, you could go for the time-challenge, I just never saw that requirement in the first post.  After now reading your 2nd post, I do agree with several other points you raised. 

So yes getting that achievement after ability pruning, and several classes with longer cast times in 7.0 doesn't help...  *sigh*

:eek:

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

Is Sprint Champion even feasible in 7.x? The lag on companion actions, the level lock and stat changes and the overall lag of AWS seems to make this achievement impossible. It was hard enough before the level down to get this done under 15min. Took me quite a few runs to complete it in January 2021.  It is an awesome challenge though!

sprintchampion.JPG

The lack of polish and consistency around scaling and level sync from expansion to expansion is appallingly bad.

Seems like some intern gets a basic scaling coefficient to apply against everything, with no regard to other changes being made such as combat and companion changes.

35 minutes ago, Saeten said:

Is Sprint Champion even feasible in 7.x? The lag on companion actions, the level lock and stat changes and the overall lag of AWS seems to make this achievement impossible. It was hard enough before the level down to get this done under 15min. Took me quite a few runs to complete it in January 2021.  It is an awesome challenge though!

sprintchampion.JPG

Yes, if you're max level, fully geared (340), and have a lvl 50 ranged companion. Doesn't have to be Z0-0M, but two-gunner makes it easier for most fights. For some classes, you may want to switch specs between fights. My ranged trooper did it without too much trouble when max was 336 (not talking ops). Melee is a bit trickier, but, after last level adjustment, Championship became much more manageable.

Edited by VegaMist

I imagine as a healer spec the sprint champion achievement wouldn't be possible lol

They probably never fully accounted for the eternal championship when making changes since I doubt many do the arena outside of the season objective

7 hours ago, denajii said:

I imagine as a healer spec the sprint champion achievement wouldn't be possible lol

They probably never fully accounted for the eternal championship when making changes since I doubt many do the arena outside of the season objective

Yeah... I wouldn't even attempt it as a healer spec unless you have a Neuralink to your companion.

I remember trying this not too long ago (maybe GS4?). From what I remember back then, things started out ok, and progressively become unbeatable.

I tried it again just last night. This time I'm using level 50 Z0-0M, and 340 gear. Things were going great...Until Nocturno and Drake. I'm sure there's something in the mechanics I'm missing, but I couldn't figure it out after like 20 deaths. I experimented defeating each one first before the other. I seem to have a better time doing Nocturno first. However, every single time during the companion capture phase, I am either getting 1 shot K/Od or burned to death from Drake's channeled attack. I think even Nocturno has some kind of 1 shot mechanic. I just didn't experiment enough with doing her second.

EDIT: I just read Vulkk. This seems to be what I was missing

Spoiler

If you defeat Drake, you’ll be able to pick up his utility belt. Once picked up, you’ll gain four temporary abilities:

Edited by Traceguy

On 3/23/2024 at 3:07 PM, DawnAskham said:

The lack of polish and consistency around scaling and level sync from expansion to expansion is appallingly bad.

Seems like some intern gets a basic scaling coefficient to apply against everything, with no regard to other changes being made such as combat and companion changes.

This is the core issue when you really boil it down. The scaling is bad on the older content.

I just don't like how your healer companion glitches out and dies at random times in this while soloing it.   Managing and controlling your healer companion during this objective is a challenge in itself.