Note to developers, and writers... Tying up the Darth Malgus storyline..

On 8/1/2023 at 6:03 AM, Shayddow said:

They are unlikely to respond during the current writer's strike until things are cleared up legally.

Psh Writers and actors strike. 🙄
At this point, break both of those unions and  make room for new blood and people with actual talent.

There more people that can act 1000 times better than just about everyone in hollywood.  And anyone having seen anything coming out of the writers Guild in the past 5+ years, closer to 10 has been mediocre AT BEST and atrocious at worst.  I can count on my fingers how many great movies and or shows in the last decade in terms of writing. (Disney+ anyone? Velma, Ghostbuster 2016, the new TMNT, just off the top of my head, all hot garbage)  I say break the unions and give em all the finger.

As far as Malgus?  Meh.  They have made him a star for way too long.  Maybe migrate Cayde-6 into SWTOR universe?  :)

6 hours ago, Tausos said:

Psh Writers and actors strike. 🙄
At this point, break both of those unions and  make room for new blood and people with actual talent.

There more people that can act 1000 times better than just about everyone in hollywood.  And anyone having seen anything coming out of the writers Guild in the past 5+ years, closer to 10 has been mediocre AT BEST and atrocious at worst.  I can count on my fingers how many great movies and or shows in the last decade in terms of writing. (Disney+ anyone? Velma, Ghostbuster 2016, the new TMNT, just off the top of my head, all hot garbage)  I say break the unions and give em all the finger.

As far as Malgus?  Meh.  They have made him a star for way too long.  Maybe migrate Cayde-6 into SWTOR universe?  :)

Yeah. Let's hire the cringy Wattpad writer who mimics Twilight with self inserts, troupes, and fairy tale ending where they all live happily ever after. That's what people want to see. Like Shrek said, "Like that'll ever happen!"  Tell me you have no conscious without saying you have a no conscious. Just because you don't like what they make, doesn't mean you have to parrot the people who say they should lose their jobs. Like so many do here for the Biowere devs. And on that point about movies and shows, are those movies and shows actually bad because of writing, acting, design, or did you listen to jaded youtubers who just said it was bad because *insert talking point* and you just agreed without watching them?

On 8/7/2023 at 5:55 AM, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

Ohh Malgus, could you come over here for a second please, there's something I wanna tell you.

:::whispers to OlBuzzard::: Get ready,

The old man looks as inconspicuous as possible with his back turned to the events unfolding ..  (while keeping a watchful eye on the controls to the airlock)

• Like 2

On 8/5/2023 at 12:35 PM, OlBuzzard said:

I hate to be the one to burst Malgus' bubble ... but he ain't THAT good!  And frankly he's been on my nerves since he was re-introduced!

Will the REAL Darth Malgus please stand up!  (some of you might remember that one liner) 

If Vader was more machine than man ... both twisted and evil ... just exactly where does this mechanical monstrosity fit into the grander scheme of things?  Key word (IMO) ... scheme!

I'll make a deal with ya Warriorx ... you shove him in an air lock ... I'll press the magic button!

"Sorry, I was; door was a little sticky. Did you see that? I'll get one of my boys up here with a can of WD-40."

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 10:32 PM, Bigfallenstar said:

Yeah. Let's hire the cringy Wattpad writer who mimics Twilight with self inserts, troupes, and fairy tale ending where they all live happily ever after. That's what people want to see. Like Shrek said, "Like that'll ever happen!"  Tell me you have no conscious without saying you have a no conscious. Just because you don't like what they make, doesn't mean you have to parrot the people who say they should lose their jobs. Like so many do here for the Biowere devs. And on that point about movies and shows, are those movies and shows actually bad because of writing, acting, design, or did you listen to jaded youtubers who just said it was bad because *insert talking point* and you just agreed without watching them?

You obviously are not looking hard enough for talented people who can write and act.

I am not advocating people outright lose their jobs, quite the opposite, I am saying let more people in.

I form my own opinions on everything I watch and talk about. I purposefully avoid anyone I subscribe to on YouTube that talk about a show I intend to watch and form my own (adult) opinion.  I have not said anything about Bio-Ware Dev's.

So, no, you're quite wrong about me and how I come to my conclusions.  At 49 years old, I would like to think I am pretty knowledgeable on good story telling, well rounded characters, well written characters and stories.  And a lot of what is being put out now a days is mid at best in terms of storytelling, world building and character development.

You, however sound like you do get your opinions from YouTubers and the like.

Also, I don't know what Wattpad is.