Does anyone actually like the new HK-Caesar-with-horns armor?

StrikePrice

most are status symbols. but there were some really iconic items too like furious weapons, the s1 rancor. was the pirate ship a gold tier reward? can't remember. but a lot of the stuff looked like arse to me. I remember getting a lizard-ish mount sent to one of my toons for the seasonal reward meant for gold tier. it came to a toon I never even queued rated with. I never once used it...not because it wasn't earned but b/c I thought it was just unattractive. but I also don't understand the appeal of dressing your (e.g.) bounty hunter to look like a space samurai. he's not a samurai. he's a mandolorian. they have a certain aesthetic, and it's not "samurai."

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

I've always thought the majority of ranked rewards were trash bar some mounts and weapons. The armors are all ugly to me. I think it's an upgrade on the past pvp reward armor sets, imo. 

So no. You won't wear it. Got it. 

13 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

It’s pretty ugly if you ask me. I wonder if that will negatively affect how many will people grind season 3 to get it? 

I agree, it looks ugly and after last season armors, i don't see a point is this HK version.

Last season i played a little bit only, didn't have much fun, but armor looked decent. Eventually catch up burning credits helped and completed the first set.

This season i think i will not even bother to try pvp.

4 hours ago, Samcuu said:

I've always thought the majority of ranked rewards were trash bar some mounts and weapons. The armors are all ugly to me. I think it's an upgrade on the past pvp reward armor sets, imo. 

On god. The armor sets were terrible for the most parts. Only things that looked really good were the furious weapons and head pieces.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2023 at 11:43 AM, krackcommando said:

but I also don't understand the appeal of dressing your (e.g.) bounty hunter to look like a space samurai. he's not a samurai. he's a mandolorian. they have a certain aesthetic, and it's not "samurai."

Samurai-style Mandalorian armor is movie canon though; there's a set of it in Dryden Vos' office in "Solo". 
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mandalorian_rally_master_armor

Edited by HeatRacer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, HeatRacer said:

Samurai-style Mandalorian armor is movie canon though; there's a set of it in Dryden Vos' office in "Solo". 

Like, I get why people would want to look like a Samurai. That makes perfect sense to me. I just don't understand the obsession with giving us helms that would make us look like HK. First, there's already an HK helm and second, who wants to look like HK with horns? That baffles me. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HeatRacer said:

Still doesn't make it any less ugly though.

( in my opinion , yeah yeah yeah :rolleyes: )

p.s. Hey BroadWare: u guys ever heard of something called  CRAFTED armor?   Hint: make  schematic  rewards, instead of  non-immersive zero lore explained set-pieces.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

p.s. Hey BroadWare: u guys ever heard of something called  CRAFTED armor?   Hint: make  schematic  rewards, instead of  non-immersive zero lore explained set-pieces.

crafting used to be fun in this game. you could RE (now called "deconstruct"?) a piece that you made and learn a new schem. but not the same simple, boring way you do now (like with augs learning a purple from a blue). you could learn completely different stat distributions. it was actually fun to build and reverse engineer  armors. now it's just some stupid, rote thing everyone does for tech frags or to turn a green aug into blue into purple. 

for supposedly being tossed in at the last moment, crafting in this game was really good in the beginning and has been pissed away in favor of (wait for it) the CM. imagine that.

Edited by krackcommando
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

That would be an interesting reward 

• Thanks 1

The more I look at it the more I like it. HK mask with horns is kinda dank ngl. I've never worn one piece of pvp armor from this game, just might equip that helmet on a few toons. 

Edited by Samcuu

9 hours ago, Samcuu said:

The more I look at it the more I like it. HK mask with horns is kinda dank ngl. I've never worn one piece of pvp armor from this game, just might equip that helmet on a few toons. 

really? it used to mean something. before dyes ruined re-skinning as a cheap but effective way to differentiate different tiers of gear, the war hero(?) sets were very popular. I don't remember the exact rating, but rocking the red war hero(? battlemaster?) gear was a hot commodity. just about everyone who pvp'd on my server wore it or wanted it.

fwiw, I wasn't wild about the trooper helm (look too insectoid to me), but the rest of the sculpts were tight. I believe I put a crafted helm that most resembled an OT stormtrooper on it to complete the look.

then dyes came out and the first thing everyone on the server did was recolor their reg set to look like the rated WZ. 🤔

edit: dyes ruined the game in many ways. you could learn new schems and reskins, but you would also target particular OPs and FPs...even heroics and side quests for a particular thing. not now. speaking of dumbing down the the game. even relatively skill-neutral aspects are gone. things that would keep you playing outside of competitive drive.

Edited by krackcommando

22 minutes ago, krackcommando said:

really? it used to mean something. before dyes ruined re-skinning as a cheap but effective way to differentiate different tiers of gear, the war hero(?) sets were very popular. I don't remember the exact rating, but rocking the red war hero(? battlemaster?) gear was a hot commodity. just about everyone who pvp'd on my server wore it or wanted it

Wasn't gear baked in on the early pvp gear? So yeah I had the war hero stuff and the smuggler chest was actually nice looked like a ww1 combat medic duster or something. I'm just saying that absolutely none of the cosmetic gear that's been released for the past ranked seasons has moved me. This season is probably some of the better gear they've designed for pvp exclusive rewards. 

• Like 1