Are there going to be more Galactic Seasons?

Hrafnhildur

On 7/20/2023 at 6:48 PM, eabevella said:

Give us an animal companion.

Could be a gift from an Onderon beast master who we got the actual quest.

At the very least animal SFX >>>>> lifeless alien gibberish.

I've heard my guildies talking about a Basilisk companion, it belongs to the Mandalorian culture. That would be OK too for me, if that companion would say ABSOLUTELY nothing - in lore they are described as "semi-sentient" . 

8 hours ago, NorthernNephilim said:

I've heard my guildies talking about a Basilisk companion, it belongs to the Mandalorian culture. That would be OK too for me, if that companion would say ABSOLUTELY nothing - in lore they are described as "semi-sentient" . 

Would be nice if they pick up the Ruhuk side quest where the hint of Basilisk droid dropped.

• Like 1

Have never finished a season yet, and don't expect to finish the current one.  None of them have engaged my interest enough to consciously work on them.  Across the 4 servers that I play on, current levels are:

• Darth Malgus - level 38
  • Star Forge - level 32
  • Satele Shan - level 45
  • The Leviathan - level 22

16 hours ago, TziganeNZ said:

Have never finished a season yet, and don't expect to finish the current one.  None of them have engaged my interest enough to consciously work on them.  Across the 4 servers that I play on, current levels are:

• Darth Malgus - level 38
  • Star Forge - level 32
  • Satele Shan - level 45
  • The Leviathan - level 22

I did until this one ... I'm not even sure what level I'm at!

[/shrugs]

I'm not so sure I'm all that concerned either!

[/YAAAAWWWWWNNNNN]

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1

Seasons have been great I've enjoyed them all. It's not really a grind uf ur already doing conquest stuff. And it's relatively easy to finish even hardly paying attention to them. I'll never turn down free cc's and crates. The stories could be improved and tweaked a bit, they've been somewhat lackluster. 

• Like 1

Had good amount of fun with seasons this far. Totally burned out from walking the walk on too many servers, but that's my own fault lol.

Doing creature pets is an awesome idea, far preferable to having  all these  lame bleebablooba  language spouting ones. In general, there's 0 reason to always tie seasons to new companions though. The central..reward of season  you build, customize, level up and get to know could just as well be an SH, or some ancient  archeological dig site, or a weapon..or something else even bit out of the box. But looks like it'll just always be a new companion. 

I can't quite help from feeling S1 was the coolest, in terms of mechanics.  Way they've done last two seasons been quite samey. People generally speaking pick all the same objectives, it is bit predictable and boring and one dimensional. . In S1, everybody got their own random objectives  drawn from a big pool. Had its obvious difficulties and downsides,  sure. However, it was really cool how it kinda injected the game world with life pretty evenly. People got spread all over the place, stuff folks wanted and needed to do was very diverse and colorful due to this randomization. Made the game feel more alive.  That is mostly gone now. Current core mechanic is same old obvious boring "dungeon of the week" stuff that has been done a thousand times over. If week's seasonal objectives include "12 points for doing either  Nathema or Hammer Station" it isnt hard to guess what will happen, lol. Mechanics behind  S1 were more relevant.

Edited by Stradlin
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 5:01 AM, NorthernNephilim said:

I'm actually pretty excited to find out what this is. It's not clear if it's a comp, a pet, or a mount since the way Lane describes it, seems it could be any or all three in one (now THAT would be cool).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stradlin said:

Had good amount of fun with seasons this far. Totally burned out from walking the walk on too many servers, but that's my own fault lol.

Doing creature pets is an awesome idea, far preferable to having  all these  lame bleebablooba  language spouting ones. In general, there's 0 reason to always tie seasons to new companions though. The central..reward of season  you build, customize, level up and get to know could just as well be an SH, or some ancient  archeological dig site, or a weapon..or something else even bit out of the box. But looks like it'll just always be a new companion. 

I can't quite help from feeling S1 was the coolest, in terms of mechanics.  Way they've done last two seasons been quite samey. People generally speaking pick all the same objectives, it is bit predictable and boring and one dimensional. . In S1, everybody got their own random objectives  drawn from a big pool. Had its obvious difficulties and downsides,  sure. However, it was really cool how it kinda injected the game world with life pretty evenly. People got spread all over the place, stuff folks wanted and needed to do was very diverse and colorful due to this randomization. Made the game feel more alive.  That is mostly gone now. Current core mechanic is same old obvious boring "dungeon of the week" stuff that has been done a thousand times over. If week's seasonal objectives include "12 points for doing either  Nathema or Hammer Station" it isnt hard to guess what will happen, lol. Mechanics behind  S1 were more relevant.

I much prefer the structure of the seasonal objectives now, S1 punished you if you couldn't log-in daily plus the randomness of the objectives meant grouping up for them was a mess. The current seasonal structure is much less punishing and more rewarding IMO.

9 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Still no official time frame for 7.3.1 or next GS except late summer?

I'd love to know as well, my subscription runs out in a few weeks so unless we get news I'm not renewing it until GS5 starts. 

10 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

The following is pure speculation (at best).

Typically end of summer:  Could be more late September.  Early fall is more or less October.  AND if I had to guess ..  7.4 at or about Thanksgiving (here in US) ... to about the middle of December.

January 1 ...  (Still on holiday) .. January 15(ish) team reassembles (some through a virtual meeting) ... new story board that is already in place (probably since Oct.) is hammered out and the next GS is released while the next steps for the new story board is finalized.  Assuming that all is going well and there are no new surprises look for the next page in the story in February or March.

(I had no idea that all of this speculation stuff was so much fun!)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

This season started 3 weeks after the last one ended if I remember right.  Might be four weeks.  I'd expect the next season would probably start up in about the same timeframe.  

3 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

This season started 3 weeks after the last one ended if I remember right.  Might be four weeks.  I'd expect the next season would probably start up in about the same timeframe.

Iirc the devs said that Season 4 starting so soon after Season 3 was an exception and that the next season break is gonna be longer. But we'll see.

19 hours ago, TahliahCOH said:

I'm actually pretty excited to find out what this is. It's not clear if it's a comp, a pet, or a mount since the way Lane describes it, seems it could be any or all three in one (now THAT would be cool).

I doubt it will be a mount since there is already a cartel market version.  Since Lane talks about it as little enough for the player character to handle, that implies its either a pet or a droid comp.

EDIT: though, this is a little off topic, and the mission in general is unrelated to Seasons.

Edited by phalczen

On 7/23/2023 at 5:15 PM, OlBuzzard said:

I did until this one ... I'm not even sure what level I'm at!

[/shrugs]

I'm not so sure I'm all that concerned either!

[/YAAAAWWWWWNNNNN]

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I liked that we finally had a force sensitive.  I was tired of criminals/underworld.  It would have been nice if this tied into Guss' Master from Nar Shadaa, or another character we had met ... I saw that as a missed opportunity, but I guess beggars cannot be choosers.  It made no sense that a human sounded like a perfect selonian native, but we get what we get from this kotor-style cinematic stuff for seasons.  It wasn't any better or worse than other seasons except, as others commented, its "sameness" in terms of objectives.

I don't expect that part of the design to go away though.  People get all upset as it is when the four "high-point" weekly objectives (12 seasons points instead of 8 and 15 currencies instead of 10) are pvp and operation-group related and nothing that they can do solo (like the crafting or flashpoint ones).  Plus there's the whole studio swap thing.  Expect Seasons to remain pretty much on autopilot for the foreseeable future while they figure out what to do with the rest of the game.

13 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

Typically end of summer:  Could be more late September.  Early fall is more or less October.  AND if I had to guess ..  7.4 at or about Thanksgiving (here in US) ... to about the middle of December.

January 1 ...  (Still on holiday) .. January 15(ish) team reassembles (some through a virtual meeting) ... new story board that is already in place (probably since Oct.) is hammered out and the next GS is released while the next steps for the new story board is finalized.  Assuming that all is going well and there are no new surprises look for the next page in the story in February or March.

Yeah, from past experience, I’d say 7.4 is likely to be mid December or February. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

Definitely betting on a September release for GS5, and mid December release for 7.4, they usually release it on the 2nd week of December so probably somewhere around December 12nd.

• Like 1

I just hope that as much as we continue to discuss this as a community the development team will take to heart what we mentioned earlier regarding GS.  I respectfully as that they not just read over that thread again ... but respond in kind to what has been said repeatedly about the series by implementing some of the ideas / suggestions.  There is no need to be vindictive or frustrated with how the vast majority of people playing SWTOR (or it at least appears to be the majority).  NO, I am not attempting to act as a spokesperson for others.  Please read that thread (again).  Let that thread speak for itself.

Yes ... there are still some positive things about the series.  But there is so much negative and a lack of usable rewards for those who have been around for so long ... IMO that really overshadows the point of spending time on GS.  And (like it or not) GS has now become a much bigger part of the SWTOR picture these days.

The more fun and excitement people will get from GS the more likely they are to continue to stick around.  Without that element in game ...  well ..  I don't think we need to dwell on the other side of the issue.  That doesn't help anyone.

Edited by OlBuzzard

37 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

I just hope that as much as we continue to discuss this as a community the development team will take to heart what we mentioned earlier regarding GS.  I respectfully as that they not just read over that thread again ... but respond in kind to what has been said repeatedly about the series by implementing some of the ideas / suggestions.  There is no need to be vindictive or frustrated with how the vast majority of people playing SWTOR (or it at least appears to be the majority).  NO, I am not attempting to act as a spokesperson for others.  Please read that thread (again).  Let that thread speak for itself.

Yes ... there are still some positive things about the series.  But there is so much negative and a lack of usable rewards for those who have been around for so long ... IMO that really overshadows the point of spending time on GS.  And (like it or not) GS has now become a much bigger part of the SWTOR picture these days.

The more fun and excitement people will get from GS the more likely they are to continue to stick around.  Without that element in game ...  well ..  I don't we need to dwell on the other side of the issue.  That doesn't help anyone.

I just think the whole thing should just be an experience bar like any other. Do whatever you want and move up the bar and rewards. They can limit the amount of exp you get each week. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 12:50 PM, OlBuzzard said:

The new concept of "companions" that are being rewarded for GS?  No thank you!  They are (for the most part to me personally) ... annoying!

My sorcerer uses PH4-LNX exclusively. The other options. for me, are lot less enjoyable.

On 7/26/2023 at 11:01 AM, felleto said:

I just think the whole thing should just be an experience bar like any other. Do whatever you want and move up the bar and rewards. They can limit the amount of exp you get each week. 

The more options that are available ... the greater the opportunity for a wider audience to have a more enjoyable experience.  That sounds a lot like more people are having fun.  

hmmmm  ... there's a good message in there somewhere.  Hopefully, the RIGHT people respond to it in a favorable fashion!