Can we get free transfers off dead servers please?

StrikePrice

50 minutes ago, Toraak said:

My wording is bad, I was just waking up in truth, but yes I believe the game would lose some (or possibly many) people that won't want to put up with the Troll/Toxic behavior. As I said also, not everyone wants to be on a huge server either.

I feel you there. Posting something, reading it again and going "wtf did I just write".

One thing I have noticed from playing DM, SS, and SF is that the trolls seem to be only a few accounts. It seems like a certain portion of our players enjoy making multiple characters to stir up political talk and get into arguments. You'll notice when everyone starts telling "x" to shut up and you don't even see them in the chat and realize you must have already set their legacy to ignore.

I made the mistake once of deleting all my ignores on SS and suddenly was hit by a bunch of trolls and quickly had to ignore a few players again.

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Like 1

^ Yeah I'd say on every server it is some small percentage of people that generates vast majority of trolling. SF is the largest server, so it has most trolls. If you don't like being exposed to them, legacy ignoring like 10-12 accounts is all it takes to make the chat more decent.

If one truly doesn't want to interact with trolls, or other people in general, swtor gives plenty of very useful chat settings to zone everything out. Or you can filter general chat in its own window, so you get the exposure only when you really want it.

22 minutes ago, Stradlin said:

^ Yeah I'd say on every server it is some small percentage of people that generates vast majority of trolling. SF is the largest server, so it has most trolls. If you don't like being exposed to them, legacy ignoring like 10-12 accounts is all it takes to make the chat more decent.

If one truly doesn't want to interact with trolls, or other people in general, swtor gives plenty of very useful chat settings to zone everything out. Or you can filter general chat in its own window, so you get the exposure only when you really want it.

That’s true. It’s just a shame the ignore doesn’t prevent you from being put with them in PvP matches or stop them physically interacting/interfering with you if you’re an RPer. Which is something all MMO’s suffer from. I really don’t know if there is any mechanism game devs can use that can prevent trolls being trolls, except live game mods being available in game. 

47 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

That’s true. It’s just a shame the ignore doesn’t prevent you from being put with them in PvP matches or stop them physically interacting/interfering with you if you’re an RPer. Which is something all MMO’s suffer from. I really don’t know if there is any mechanism game devs can use that can prevent trolls being trolls, except live game mods being available in game. 

Allowing people to avoid others in PvP via /ignore would make it almost impossible for good players to find matches as everyone will start /ignoring those players.

Some games change trollish words or phrases into something positive.

Examples could be "Lets Go BRANDON" could be "For the Empire" or "For the Republic".

"You should die" could be "You are the best"

Even more effective when the trolls don't see the change in their text and keep trying to troll everyone.

54 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

At least RP'ers have more ways to avoid trolling than in almost any other MMO out there. I've done loads of RP in TOR over the years, and there's always options to dodge anyone who'd ruin your experience. SHs, player ships, guild bases, capital ships, quiet instances.  

1 hour ago, Darkestmonty said:

Allowing people to avoid others in PvP via /ignore would make it almost impossible for good players to find matches as everyone will start /ignoring those players

Yes, that’s the conundrum isn’t it. People would abuse it, just like everything else.

On 7/28/2023 at 11:47 PM, Darkestmonty said:

oh no, a "solo player" who only plays one character on one server may have to encounter other players in an MMO... what, you had to wait a whole 30 seconds for a mission item to respawn, how did you survive that wait time?!!

Why do you respond to posts you clearly didn't read?

I'm not a solo player, I'm a group content player. I literally haven't even done the story from the last two story updates. I haven't even done Showdown on Ruhnuk and I haven't done this last story update on Voss.

I started Showdown on Ruhnuk story and after about 15 minutes of listening to Shae Vizla whine (and I normally like her a lot.), I stopped playing it and never went back to it yet.

I play one character on one server doing group content. That's it. And to be honest with you, I haven't even been playing the game a lot lately. When I got my new Alien ware computer about 2 months ago, because it's got really good stats I was finally able to play some games I wanted to try, so I played Star Wars: Fallen Order and Star Wars: Survivor and those games were outstanding. As much as I hate Disney Star Wars, I have to give credit where credit is due, and those games felt more like real Star Wars than this game does. They were a lot more respectful of Lucas' Vision of Star Wars than this game is and I think it kinda spoiled SWTOR for me a bit, so when I try and play this game, it really is a bit of a downer compared to those games.

What you're doing is what Elitest's do. You look down on players who don't do group content because you think that means something. You think solo players are plebs.

But, even though I am a group content player, I don't look down on them. I'm not a virgin who thinks I gotta belittle 'baddies', and be disrespectful to them to try and make up for it.

If you cared about the game like you pretend you do, than you would feel that there needs need to be just as important as the needs of group content players like me and you, because the health of the game is dependent on the player base being happy, not just you and me and the other group content players.

So yeah, what matters to solo players is important too.

You don't like the fact that another group content player is sticking up for solo players so you gotta try and pretend and make it sound like I'm a solo player, which I am not. And if you did Showdown on Ruhnuk and the new Voss story line content, than you are more of a solo player than I am.

On 7/28/2023 at 11:47 PM, Darkestmonty said:

I have absolutely no sympathy for solo players who play an MMO and are so selfish they can't share tagged mobs, they can't wait 30 seconds for a mission item to respawn, can't be bothered to drop down to a nearly empty instance or in the case of PvP drop down to a completely empty instance where they are often the only person.

You have no sympathy for solo players because you're not a solo player.

And I have no sympathy for people on SS because I don't play on SS. SS can burn for all I care.

If SS has to suffer so SF players don't have to put up with the many negative ramifications that mergers cause that you want to pretend that they don't cause, and you're so selfish that you don't care that they'd have to deal with those many negatives, than to hell with SS, because I don't play with people on SS.

See how that works?

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx
  • Like 2

On 7/28/2023 at 11:21 PM, TrixxieTriss said:

Being a fan of the Walking Dead, I’m going to be a little bit facetious here and suggest we could start calling part dead or completely dead servers, zombie servers 😂

Deal. 😉

LOVE the Walking Dead.

I don't know if you'd be interested in this, but I just recently played " The Walking Dead" Season One video game, and if was very story driven. It has 5 episodes you can play, but it's not the characters from the TV show, it's new character's they made for the game. Doesn't take very long to play, maybe 6 hours total, but it was very interesting. There's very different outcomes to the story depending on the choices you make.

I haven't played Season 2 or 3 yet, I may in the future. But, you might consider giving it a try if you're a fan of the series. It was a different kind of experience, but it was very cool.

Only downside to it is there isn't a ton of fighting in it. There's some, but limited. It's very story driven. Despite being the combat hound I usually am, I still had fun with it.

🧟‍♂️

3 hours ago, Stradlin said:

At least RP'ers have more ways to avoid trolling than in almost any other MMO out there. I've done loads of RP in TOR over the years, and there's always options to dodge anyone who'd ruin your experience. SHs, player ships, guild bases, capital ships, quiet instances.  

I've never really understood why RPer's get so much flak. While I am a Table Top RPGer, I don't RP in MMO's, but, It's kinda ridiculous that people make fun of people RPing in an RPG.

The logic of those trolls is totally FUBAR.

But, I guess 18+ virginity is hard.

On 7/30/2023 at 6:56 AM, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

I've never really understood why RPer's get so much flak. While I am a Table Top RPGer, I don't RP in MMO's, but, It's kinda ridiculous that people make fun of people RPing in an RPG.

The logic of those trolls is totally FUBAR.

But, I guess 18+ virginity is hard.

Maybe because all of the RP we see in gen chat is Erotic Role Playing and people asking for lap dances for credits or RPing their fetishes in a chat channel marked General and not Erotic Role Playing.

Role playing is fine, but like anything, if players use the wrong channel people get annoyed. Just like they get annoyed when someone spams General chat with a bunch of trade listings or use Trade chat for PvP trash talk.

Edited by Darkestmonty

3 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

Maybe because all of the RP we see in gen chat is Erotic Role Playing and people asking for lap dances for credits or RPing their fetishes in a chat channel marked General and not Erotic Role Playing.

Role playing is fine, but like anything, if players use the wrong channel people get annoyed. Just like they get annoyed when someone spams General chat with a bunch of trade listings or use Trade chat for PvP trash talk.

Yeah, we do see RPing in the Erotic Role Playing fashion from time to time for sure. And anything beyond simple flirting or joking around, that's probably more suitable for Strongholds, ships, etc.

That sort of RP in 'public' does sort of invite attention.

The problem is, however, even when RPers are legitimately just Role-playing stories or non erotic interactions, they still do catch some flak from time to time.  It's become sorta like a meme to some people.

But I do get what your saying.

The different channels are there for a reason, best to honor their intent. But as there are no specific rules that state they can only be used for their respective purposes, the honor system is really the only option. Not everyone will respect that tho, which can lead to some people having issues with it from time to time.

2 hours ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

And anything beyond simple flirting or joking around, that's probably more suitable for Strongholds, ships, etc

Anything you say in /general in a stronghold is shared with the /general of the associated planet, and anything you say in /general of your class ship is shared with everyone else in any other copy of that ship (so if you say it in the Consular's Defender, all Consulars in their Defenders on the same server can hear you).

So I'd amend that to "Guild Flagships" only.

2 hours ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

Yeah, we do see RPing in the Erotic Role Playing fashion from time to time for sure. And anything beyond simple flirting or joking around, that's probably more suitable for Strongholds, ships, etc.

That sort of RP in 'public' does sort of invite attention.

The problem is, however, even when RPers are legitimately just Role-playing stories or non erotic interactions, they still do catch some flak from time to time.  It's become sorta like a meme to some people.

But I do get what your saying.

The different channels are there for a reason, best to honor their intent. But as there are no specific rules that state they can only be used for their respective purposes, the honor system is really the only option. Not everyone will respect that tho, which can lead to some people having issues with it from time to time.

I assume people doing overtly flirty cantina RPing in middle of fleet and the like kinda...invite the attention and conflict..  Many welcome it, and enjoy the vibe, clashes and back and forth trolling. I can't imagine any other reason as to  why anyone would do that in middle of the fleet.Its bit like going to the mosh pit and getting annoyed by the bruises.

Edited by Stradlin
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Stradlin said:

I assume people doing overtly flirty cantina RPing in middle of fleet and the like kinda...invite the attention and conflict..  Many welcome it, and enjoy the vibe, clashes and back and forth trolling. I can't imagine any other reason as to  why anyone would do that in middle of the fleet.Its bit like going to the mosh pit and getting annoyed by the bruises.

I love your comment. Perfect analogy that I can relate to.

13 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Anything you say in /general in a stronghold is shared with the /general of the associated planet, and anything you say in /general of your class ship is shared with everyone else in any other copy of that ship (so if you say it in the Consular's Defender, all Consulars in their Defenders on the same server can hear you).

That's right, my bad. Brain fart. 😮‍💨

I see those numbers differently. We seem to have roughly the same number in the last 30 days, as we did in Feb, march of 2023. Not to mention comparing them even further back, we have more people playing on steam then in Sept/Oct of 2022.

Yes if your comparing the Holiday season of December, many people are on vacation and usually are playing the game we have less now. However summer is always a slower period of the year. People are out doing RL things, instead of playing PC games.

People looking at these charts also need to realize something else as well. These charts do not include everyone in this game that doesn't use Steam to play either.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Toraak said:

see those numbers differently. We seem to have roughly the same number in the last 30 days, as we did in Feb, march of 2023. Not to mention comparing them even further back, we have more people playing on steam then in Sept/Oct of 2022.

The numbers have been dropping consistently. The numbers don’t lie. They aren’t the same as feb, they are closer to end of November - early December. Also, traditionally, December is actually a busy time in the game & we usually have a healthy bump in population. 

Any numbers higher than last Sept/Oct shouldn’t be hard considering they were the lowest numbers the game has ever had. So I wouldn’t suggest using them as a benchmark. 

And sadly, if you look at the trend, you’ll also see that we are heading back towards a similar population as Sept/Oct  last year. Let’s just hope it doesn’t go that low or lower and that the devs have already realised that business as usual might not be enough. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

The numbers have been dropping consistently. The numbers don’t lie. They aren’t the same as feb, they are closer to end of November - early December.

Any numbers higher than last Sept/Oct shouldn’t be hard considering they were the lowest numbers the game has ever had. So I wouldn’t suggest using them as a benchmark. 

And sadly, if you look at the trend, you’ll also see that we are heading back towards a similar population as Sept/Oct  last year. Let’s just hope it doesn’t go that low or lower and that the devs have already realised that business as usual might not be enough. 

It's most unfortunate ...but IMO you are quite correct!  IMO this is one of the reasons that the GS series really needs a major shot in the arm .. a REAL game changer.  A good story helps ... but is entirely too short lived!  SWTOR really needs BOTH!  There is simply no shortcuts to the correct solution.

If they want SWTOR to continue ... then someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee!  If they need some that has a good aroma I would highly recommend BRC .. Dark Roast (just about any flavor is great).  There's one person in particular that can drop me a PM and I'll have a couple of 1# bags of BRC delivered to their office (or home) if they need it.  (sorry this offer does not apply to the general public!) 😜

I think you get my drift!

2 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

It's most unfortunate ...but IMO you are quite correct!  IMO this is one of the reasons that the GS series really needs a major shot in the arm .. a REAL game changer.  A good story helps ... but is entirely too short lived!  SWTOR really needs BOTH!  There is simply no shortcuts to the correct solution.

If by "GS series" you refer to Galactic Seasons then I don't think the Steam numbers from the last 4 months support the conclusion that SWTOR needs both story and Galactic Seasons.

2023 March 28 - Game Update 7.2.1 - notable content: 64-bit client and start of Galactic Seasons 4.  No story update.

• 2023 April - Steam SWTOR player average jumped by more than 35%
  • 2023 May - Steam SWTOR player average increased by more than 20%

2023 June 13 - Game update 7.3 - notable content: new game story on Voss, player-to-player trade taxation added (highly controversial).  Notable news for month of June is leak to IGN about SWTOR development moving to Broadsword.  News confirmed and transition to Broadsword officially announced in late June.

• 2023 June - Steam SWTOR player average decreased by more than 28%

2023 July 18 - PvP Season 3 starts

• 2023 July - Steam SWTOR player average decreased by more than 15%

I think the data shows SWTOR players on Steam had a lot more interest in Galactic Seasons 4 and perhaps some impact from the switch to 64-bit client (I seem to recall SWTOR devs recommending switching to Steam as last resort to resolve 64-bit client issues) than the 7.3 story update and PvP Season 3.  How that correlates with non-Steam SWTOR player activity is of course not known to us.  If I speculate it seems interest in Galactic Seasons 4 waned after the first couple of months, as that is the point when players started to complete all 100 season levels, and the combined effects of transition to Broadsword, game economy changes, and new story from 7.3 had a net negative impact on SWTOR players using the Steam client to access and play SWTOR.

10 minutes ago, Char_Ell said:

2023 March 28 - Game Update 7.2.1 - notable content: 64-bit client and start of Galactic Seasons 4.  No story update.

2023 June 13 - Game update 7.3 - notable content: new game story on Voss, player-to-player trade taxation added (highly controversial).  Notable news for month of June is leak to IGN about SWTOR development moving to Broadsword.  News confirmed and transition to Broadsword officially announced in late June.

The percentages don’t matter as much as the number of players. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Char_Ell said:

If by "GS series" you refer to Galactic Seasons then I don't think the Steam numbers from the last 4 months support the conclusion that SWTOR needs both story and Galactic Seasons.

I think the data shows SWTOR players on Steam had a lot more interest in Galactic Seasons 4 and perhaps some impact from the switch to 64-bit client (I seem to recall SWTOR devs recommending switching to Steam as last resort to resolve 64-bit client issues) than the 7.3 story update and PvP Season 3.  How that correlates with non-Steam SWTOR player activity is of course not known to us.  If I speculate it seems interest in Galactic Seasons 4 waned after the first couple of months, as that is the point when players started to complete all 100 season levels, and the combined effects of transition to Broadsword, game economy changes, and new story from 7.3 had a net negative impact on SWTOR players using the Steam client to access and play SWTOR.

I strongly suggest you consider the current lack of consistent content / actual playable stuff where there are rewards / activities that will hold the interest of the players.

Taxation issues:  That's a lot of BS!  Frankly this community complained and raised HEXX for MONTHS demanding action from the team.  Well ...  we got a reply!  We got what we deserved.  (Note:  some of us old farts warned people to be careful what they asked for).  STOP blaming the team!  Period! 

I personally have NOT logged in regularly for nearly 3 months!!  

😲

WHY???

Because there's just not that much to do of any real interest lately!  GS repairs are a MUST!!

• Like 1