Interpreter's Retreat decorations bug or working as intended?

Desplain

My guild and I have played the new area  and the new FP on Voss for several times now and we wonder if  the way to get the new decorations is working as intended.

The FP is dropping tons of fire bowls and chained crystal lights which seems to be ok.

What we don't get is, why do decorations like the trees only drop from the box at the end of the first time story mode and why can't they be unlocked at the vendor?

Is this a bug or working as intended?

By the way the box started to only drop decorations which we can buy at the vendor!

Some of my guild members and I are stronghold enthusiasts and wanted to use the new Voss tree decorations to improve some of our strongholds which seems to

be impossible for now.

When the new area on Voss started I got 1 giant tree, 1 large tree and 1 medium tree (I would need a lot of the large/medium trees), but my guild members didn't even get 1 tree till now.

We used all of our level 80 characters to get a box, but we only got decorations which are available from the vendor.

So if this is maybe working as intended how will we be able to get the new decorations when we are out of characters which can do the FP for the first time?

Wouldn't it be better (just in case that this isn't a bug) to create a way to unlock these decorations at the vendor who will sell them for credits which would be a good way to

fight the ongoing inflation?

@JackieKo, it would be nice if we could get an answer to this problem.

• Like 1

One decoration dropped in two runs.

I've never understood why they're so stingy with deco drops in FPs. 

I tend to place 2-4 of something (like fire pots or trees) in each stronghold, and there are a lot of strongholds, so even if there was a drop from every boss, every run, I'd still have incentive to grind the FP.

Also, I hate grind.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Xina_LA said:

One decoration dropped in two runs.

I've never understood why they're so stingy with deco drops in FPs. 

I tend to place 2-4 of something (like fire pots or trees) in each stronghold, and there are a lot of strongholds, so even if there was a drop from every boss, every run, I'd still have incentive to grind the FP.

Also, I hate grind.

I've 13 strongholds (Nar Shadaa twice from the server merge) and I would like to place the awesome trees in some of them.

Unfortunately I had to replace the broken Voss shrubs in all of my strongholds.

I checked the source of the decorations and it says that the trees, banners, chandeliers etc. are from the Interpreters Retreat!

Only the fire pots, chained crystal lights and boss holos are from the FP.

I don't understand why Bioware is ignoring this thread and doesn't give an answer if everything is ok or not!

7 hours ago, LittleEwina said:

Yeah I mentionned the thing with the box when the update came online, since the beginning I have only managed to get vendor decorations from the box and I never looted anything during the FP, seems that it hates me.

The boxes are a pain in the .......!!

In the beginning I got 1 giant, 1 medium and 1 large tree, after that only stuff which is available from the vendor.

My guild members only got vendor decorations and stopped doing the Interpreters Retreat and the FP.

Bumping this again because I have been wondering this for over a week now.  Checking my achievements, I have run the new fp ten times on sm, a few times on vet, and once on master.  

In total, I have seen 4 holos and countless firebowls/chained crystal lights to drop from bosses and trash respectively.  I have never seen anything else drop from there.  (btw, coils never seem to drop anything at all unless they have a deco on them, never any other loot so they may need their loot table updated)

I have been 100% complete for Interpreter's Retreat since last week's reset.  There are lots of "new" decorations that I do not have access to when I check the Specialty Nutrient Vendor.  I've completed the story line on 2 players and gotten the "boxes" which are the only place I've gotten the decorations to drop that I do not have access too.  Otherwise, it's only the GTN that has had them available and that is rare and could be way too expensive for some players if that is their only option to get them because they don't have unlimited characters to get a single box that is rng based.

I have several of the previous update and flashpoint boxes unopened on another character.  All of them say "Contains a random decoration from the Flashpoint: xxxx"

This box says: "Contains a random decoration from the Flashpoint: Shrine of Silence or Voss: Interpretor's Retreat"   

Based off of this box history, this just seems wrong or I am not understanding the reasoning for this.  If it's from the retreat and I am 100% for that area, why can't I access it....and if I could, then I could just buy it.  Why would I want a box to randomly give it to me?  If it's supposed to be special and something up to chance from a dungeon, then why is it not just labled "contains a decoration from this flashpoint etc" and those are all then relabled Shrine of Silence drops and it pulls from that pool? 

Regardless, I think a mistake has been made or communication was not established between departments and something has slipped through the cracks.   Please communicate with us or acknowledge that you put a group of new decorations behind an rng loot box that you can get once per character and intended for it to be that way.   I'm getting frustrated that I am either completely missing something or that someone working on the game is.  I know there are lots of transitions going on right now but some of your subscribers are not enjoying this current situation.  Please consider helping us out.

Thank you for your time.

~Gay~

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2023 at 1:00 AM, PianoMatt said:

Bumping this again because I have been wondering this for over a week now.  Checking my achievements, I have run the new fp ten times on sm, a few times on vet, and once on master.  

In total, I have seen 4 holos and countless firebowls/chained crystal lights to drop from bosses and trash respectively.  I have never seen anything else drop from there.  (btw, coils never seem to drop anything at all unless they have a deco on them, never any other loot so they may need their loot table updated)

I have been 100% complete for Interpreter's Retreat since last week's reset.  There are lots of "new" decorations that I do not have access to when I check the Specialty Nutrient Vendor.  I've completed the story line on 2 players and gotten the "boxes" which are the only place I've gotten the decorations to drop that I do not have access too.  Otherwise, it's only the GTN that has had them available and that is rare and could be way too expensive for some players if that is their only option to get them because they don't have unlimited characters to get a single box that is rng based.

I have several of the previous update and flashpoint boxes unopened on another character.  All of them say "Contains a random decoration from the Flashpoint: xxxx"

This box says: "Contains a random decoration from the Flashpoint: Shrine of Silence or Voss: Interpretor's Retreat"   

Based off of this box history, this just seems wrong or I am not understanding the reasoning for this.  If it's from the retreat and I am 100% for that area, why can't I access it....and if I could, then I could just buy it.  Why would I want a box to randomly give it to me?  If it's supposed to be special and something up to chance from a dungeon, then why is it not just labled "contains a decoration from this flashpoint etc" and those are all then relabled Shrine of Silence drops and it pulls from that pool? 

Regardless, I think a mistake has been made or communication was not established between departments and something has slipped through the cracks.   Please communicate with us or acknowledge that you put a group of new decorations behind an rng loot box that you can get once per character and intended for it to be that way.   I'm getting frustrated that I am either completely missing something or that someone working on the game is.  I know there are lots of transitions going on right now but some of your subscribers are not enjoying this current situation.  Please consider helping us out.

Thank you for your time.

~Gay~

Signed!

@JackieKo

Still no answer not even a comment like "we're working on it" or something like that.

Yeah, I know you're in transition, but you still keep up that old Bioware behavior!

Announcing the Interpreters Retreat with all it's great new decorations and then not giving them to us is a big fail, sorry.

I'm playing this game since 2012 (as a subscriber) and my frustration is growing every day now.

• Dev Post

Hi all,

Confirming that everything is working as intended. I did ask the team for a breakdown on how the decos work for Interpreter's Retreat and Shrine of Silence. You can see that below. I do want to add that this is how everything works currently. Should any changes be made to this, we'll let you know. Now onto the breakdown:

Interpreter's Retreat

• Voss Awning (Blue) - Drops from any Enemy and can be purchased at the Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Voss Awning (Green) - Drops from any Enemy and can be purchased at the Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Voss Plant Vase (Style 1) - Drops from any Enemy and can be purchased at the Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Voss Plant Vase (Style 2) - Drops from any Enemy and can be purchased at the Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Voss Plant Vase (Style 3) - Drops from any Enemy and can be purchased at the Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Voss Tree (Giant) - Drops from any Enemy
  • Voss Tree (Large) - Drops from any Enemy
  • Voss Tree (Medium) - Drops from any Enemy
  • Voss Banner (Hanging) - Drops from any Enemy
  • Voss Hanging Lanterns - Drops from any Enemy
  • Voss Lounge Bench - Drops from any Enemy

Shrine of Silence

• Voss Temple Firebowl - Drops from any Enemy
  • Chained Crystal Light - Drops from any Enemy
  • Soul Coil - Achievement Locked, Can be purchased from Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Tranquil Voss Fountain - Achievement Locked, Can be purchased from Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Altar of Pure Light - Achievement Locked, Can be purchased from Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Voss Tomb Altar - Achievement Locked, Can be purchased from Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Voss Park Bench - Achievement Locked, Can be purchased from Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Corrupted Vorantikus Holo - Drops from Corrupted Vorantikus
  • Rada-Ki Holo & Tem-Su Holo - Drops from the Voss Mystics
  • Kirba, the Forgotten Holo - Drops from Kirba, The Forgotten
  • The Curse Holo - Drops from The Curse
  • Achievement Trophies for the Bosses can be acquired from their respective achievements on Veteran and Master difficulties.
  • All of the bosses have a chance to drop a tradeable box of Voss Armor, which binds on legacy when opened. You can also acquire specific pieces from the Market Vendor in Interpreter's Retreat.

Story Completion Box

• Any of the Non-Boss Enemy Drop Based Decos from either Interpreter's Retreat OR Shrine of Silence

Hopefully, this provides more insight into how the deco drops work for Interpreter's Retreat and Shrine of Silence.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

I've done the new story and Interpreter's retreat over 10 times and still haven't had Voss Hanging Lanterns, Voss Tree (Giant) or Voss Lounge Bench drop.  I'm also 100% on achievements for the location.  Are they even in the loot table?????   Please fix the RNG!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 3

Thanks so much for the breakdown! I can safely stop farming Shrine of Silence for trees 😅

Although I've ran around killing stuff in the retreat for about 15 days now and also haven't had any deco drops, can definitely echo with others that the drop rate seems low if that's the source 😔

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi all,

Confirming that everything is working as intended. I did ask the team for a breakdown on how the decos work for Interpreter's Retreat and Shrine of Silence. You can see that below. I do want to add that this is how everything works currently. Should any changes be made to this, we'll let you know. Now onto the breakdown:

Interpreter's Retreat

• Voss Awning (Blue) - Drops from any Enemy and can be purchased at the Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Voss Awning (Green) - Drops from any Enemy and can be purchased at the Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Voss Plant Vase (Style 1) - Drops from any Enemy and can be purchased at the Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Voss Plant Vase (Style 2) - Drops from any Enemy and can be purchased at the Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Voss Plant Vase (Style 3) - Drops from any Enemy and can be purchased at the Specialty Nutrient Vendor

Shrine of Silence

• Voss Temple Firebowl - Drops from any Enemy
  • Chained Crystal Light - Drops from any Enemy
  • Soul Coil - Achievement Locked, Can be purchased from Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Tranquil Voss Fountain - Achievement Locked, Can be purchased from Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Altar of Pure Light - Achievement Locked, Can be purchased from Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Voss Tomb Altar - Achievement Locked, Can be purchased from Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Voss Park Bench - Achievement Locked, Can be purchased from Specialty Nutrient Vendor
  • Corrupted Vorantikus Holo - Drops from Corrupted Vorantikus
  • Rada-Ki Holo & Tem-Su Holo - Drops from the Voss Mystics
  • Kirba, the Forgotten Holo - Drops from Kirba, The Forgotten
  • The Curse Holo - Drops from The Curse
  • Achievement Trophies for the Bosses can be acquired from their respective achievements on Veteran and Master difficulties.
  • All of the bosses have a chance to drop a tradeable box of Voss Armor, which binds on legacy when opened. You can also acquire specific pieces from the Market Vendor in Interpreter's Retreat.

Story Completion Box

• Any of the Non-Boss Enemy Drop Based Decos from either Interpreter's Retreat OR Shrine of Silence

Hopefully, this provides more insight into how the deco drops work for Interpreter's Retreat and Shrine of Silence.

Thanks for the info Jackie!🙂

Unfortunately, not any of these decorations is dropping from an enemy:

I did the Interpreters's Retreat with 6 of my characters (achievements at 100%) and didn't get one of the decorations.

My guild mates experienced the same problem!!

Edited by Desplain
  • Like 2

Jackie, thank you very much for a detailed breakdown.  As a follow up, can you please ask them to check the drop rate % for the "drops from any enemy" decorations.  I personally have never seen any decoration drop from Interpreter's Retreat mobs...ever.  I've killed a lot of them too.  I never saw any drop on the PTS either.  I don't know if you or the team has a way of looking at how many are circulating, used, placed, or have been aquired in game, but that should give you an idea of how rare they are if they have been dropping as intended.  If I compare this to the Ossus BoP decorations or the Ruhnuk decorations (i.e. Lambros)  that can drop from any enemy drop rates, they seem much more generous in comparison.  Thanks again, we appreciate you.

Edited by PianoMatt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I do have 2 of the Voss Tree (Large) and Voss Tree (Medium) as well as 1 of the Voss Banner (Hanging) but could not recall where they came from. If I had to guess I got them from the Story Completion Box. I have done the story on 7 characters so far and I don't think I got any decos as enemy drops outside of the FP.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JackieKo said:

I'll ask the team to take a look at the drop rates. Thanks all! 

Yes please significantly increase the drop rate for these decorations I really want them because I like them.

Also I'm not against a Voss stronghold with the 7.3.X or the 7.4 :t_smile:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Small update. The drop rates are currently not working as intended for the Interpreter's Retreat area. Team is working on a fix, and that is currently targeted to be deployed for 7.3.1.  Thanks all. 

That's a nice-a!   What about those that have killed 1000s and still missing some? I'm still missing 3. What about a nice here's the 3 you are missing for all your troubles? Or the ability to buy them with tech frags or something? Put them on the vendor please!