Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What is your opinion on the animation of Grav Round?

Skeithseven

I love the trooper class. The mechanics, the style, and of course the weapon. Of all the attack s I've seen tho, one stands out as lackluster to me. Grav Round. A little slip of blue and a little vortex on the mob. For a spam attack it seems kind of odd. I dunno maybe it is just me, but I was hoping for a more impressive attack.

Opinions?

now you mention it....

Maybe little black singularities being fired out.....I dont know, it does look pretty lame right now.

Though what is really bugging me is the two barrelled cannons where the animation comes from neighter barrel....its a small think admittedly but it does bug me.

I don't mind the animation, would rather see bullets/lasers for a spam ability since we are using BFG for a reason. But the thing that gets me the most about it is the sound, it's loud as hell. I had to turn down my sound effects just because of that shot, had to turn them way down to 55%.

Would you rather have tracer missile?

I like it myself.

The gravity well forming on the tip of the barrel, then it's fired leaving only a blur (this part reminds me of an show I saw before. The Reasoning was spaceships could exceed light speed, by creating a gravity well in front of them and using it to pull them forward.), and then you see the vortex forming as gravity collapses on them.

Grav Round, though it sounds a little annoying after a while, is fine. Like it was said above, the less flashy it is, the less it looks like we're doing something in PvP.

I just want a fix to mortar volley. It's so hard to hit someone that's paying attention with it in PvP whereas death from above starts hitting almost immediately, ours is 1.8 seconds into the animation before it hits for the first time and the third hit is while you're casting your next ability.

I think it's ok for the description though I do somewhat feel that 'gunnery' should be more gun like. Since Grav Round is probably our most used ability I would have preferred if it was more of an auto firing cannon shot (similar to full auto I guess). Then again as full auto itself should be used a lot in our rotation maybe it would get redundant if grav round were more like that.

Honestly, It didn't live up to expectations. Going from Explosive Round to Grav Round felt meh. I was expecting it to feel like shooting something with a little more kick. Regardless, I love it because of it's damage, but I wish it looked as powerful as it is.

I like it in PVP because it makes it harder for the guy your hitting to figure out who's targeting him. I can usually get 2-3 hits off before he starts RLSG and then I hit him with my follow on instants as I keep him in range.

There's no real sense that you're firing something.

Your gun makes an odd noise that has no relation to the sound it normally makes.

The gun muzzle gets a neat effect on it.

A lighting bolt or trail or something appears.

At some seemingly random point later, the vortex effect (which is great) and a yellow number appear on the target.

The long delay before the damage number pops up and lack of visibly-moving projectile just make it feel "off."

I don't mind the animation, would rather see bullets/lasers for a spam ability since we are using BFG for a reason. But the thing that gets me the most about it is the sound, it's loud as hell. I had to turn down my sound effects just because of that shot, had to turn them way down to 55%.

Yes, that sound, that relentless sound. Can’t do it anymore (2 days in the build), the sound is getting to be like finger nails on a chalk board.

I also agree that the animation is lack lustre; the ability that grav rounds replaced, charged bolts, looks great and has an awesome sound effect.

Edited by MaxxisLXXVII

Yes, that sound, that relentless sound. Can’t do it anymore (2 days in the build), the sound is getting to be like finger nails on a chalk board.

I also agree that the animation is lack lustre; the ability that grav rounds replaced, charged bolts, looks great and has an awesome sound effect.

I would want to swap charged bolt animation with grav round. I did a trooper for the endless pewpew, lots of laser, and some explosions. Just like I do a jedi for the lightsaber and force stuff. I didn't make a trooper to have my bread and butter skill as a weird blue railgun.

Charged bolt is for the medic part of commando, who doesn't have grav round. They also have the lvl50 skill (seriously, the only skill worth to use with this skill is a heal). Can we have some love for the dps tree ?

Edited by erei

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.