Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

getting a tad peeved

Trebor-droffig

been a member for many many years in the past 5 months 3 times my game has crashed for no reason making the game unplayable..tried everything..verifying the files,check my settings,updated my Brand new PC multiple times to make sure everything is running ok..yesterday  (10 hrs ago) the game was working just fine..go to play today and the thing won't even load..lets me press play then nothing till it says the game is unable to load and asks if i want to wait (i did 3x for 10 minute each) and still nothing..i'm not a happy camper at this point even tried to quit the game all together i can't even unsubscribe my damn account it doesn't give me the option..so i can't play and i can't unsub just great

yes ive re-downloaded the game 14x in the past 3 months and no it didn't fix the problem obviously

Edited by Trebor-droffig

well at least i found a way to cancel my sub..a shame been a sub for years but im not gonna pay when every update  i can't play really wish they would stop messing with the graphics.. (im assuming this is the problem again...last graphics update i had the same problem.i actually bought this system new in feb and already im unable to play again)

anyway i doubt anyone will even give a rats behind but i guess im a former sub payer now ,i hate this crap i feel like im letting down my guildies by giving up but what can i do..hopefully someday i can play again but i refuse to run out an buy new PC's every few months to keep up with the graphics demands..peace out people

First, did you call customer support? Make a ticket? That would be your first resort, not this forum.  

I know it doesn't help to point this out, but if other players aren't having this problem, and reinstalling the game / verifying integrity isn't fixing the problem...that suggests it's a computer problem not a game problem.

Some suggestions: you could try running the game as administrator. You could also turn off 3rd party overlays (EA App, Steam, Game Ready) because they have been known to crash other games. You mentioned that you updated your computer--have you also updated the graphics driver? I noticed swtor running very slowly / instability after the graphics update, I tried many solutions but couldn't figure it out and it turned out to be the driver issue, but even when i checked the driver it said it was up to date, and i had to manually uninstall and reinstall it, and only then did swtor start working right again. 

• Like 1

yes ive made tickets..plenty of them over the past 3 months..still haven't heard a damn word back,STEAM was the only way i could play ..this PC is only 2 months old and i could only play on the lowest possible settings..they removed the lowest settings in the last update and now my Game will not play..doesn't sound like |" MY PC "...it could be but im seeing more than "Just me" having launcher problems,and this isn't the only pc ive had this problem with..its whole reason i bought this new pc

1 hour ago, Trebor-droffig said:

yes ive made tickets..plenty of them over the past 3 months..still haven't heard a damn word back,STEAM was the only way i could play ..this PC is only 2 months old and i could only play on the lowest possible settings..they removed the lowest settings in the last update and now my Game will not play..doesn't sound like |" MY PC "...it could be but im seeing more than "Just me" having launcher problems,and this isn't the only pc ive had this problem with..its whole reason i bought this new pc

you can also call cs. That might be more direct. 

18 hours ago, Trebor-droffig said:

When you say created tickets, how exactly are you doing that? Emailing support@bioware.com? Because that is what you need to be doing.

I do not know if this will help but I was having this problem. I was able to fix it by deleting the 

“client_settings.ini” file. Forcing the game to use the default graphic settings. then I just reset up my graphics in game

In Windows this is located in 

“‘c:\Users\”Your windows username”\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings” 

appData is a hidden folder so you need to select the "hidden item" check box in the view tab of File Explore

This folder is not removed by Steam when you uninstall and reinstall or check when verifying file integrity.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.