I have never seen PVP this bad

ladyscrubbins

4 hours ago, septru said:

I'd love to play a huttball where everyone is trying and everyone knows how to play. But I see your point. 

You mean the way Huttball used to be played before Arena was introduced & the Arena deathmatching attitude infected objective WZ’s 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My current record in 4v4 is 209 and 129. That's almost all pug's. I don't know where that scales on the average with the community but I will say this: if you /stuck in pvp match, it should be a 24 hour block from the que. The /stuck issue so people can just get the game over faster and get their weekly/daily done is crap.

Maybe not for a first time offense but for chronic behavior.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OATSandway said:

My current record in 4v4 is 209 and 129. That's almost all pug's. I don't know where that scales on the average with the community but I will say this: if you /stuck in pvp match, it should be a 24 hour block from the que. The /stuck issue so people can just get the game over faster and get their weekly/daily done is crap.

Maybe not for a first time offense but for chronic behavior.

I think the stuck issue is way more nuanced. Often times if I get paired with 3 bots against a decent team I’ll stuck the second round to get it done with faster if we get obliterated in the first. Or in a trinity match, if you lose a dps first and the other team stabilizes, the match is over 99% of the time. Sure you could maybe drag this out to acid guarding your healer but like what’s the point? Just stuck and move on. Like getting into match and after match and just stucking is super annoying behavior and I agree it would be great to get rid of these people but I don’t see a way to do this without harming the (in my view) totally legitimate reasons for stucking discussed above. 

Edited by AwesomeTacoCat
  • Like 1

as @AwesomeTacoCat said, the /stuck is used all the time outside of throwing.

when my teammate gets obliterated before I can get through 3 GCD, it's grounds for a /stuck.

when the other team is an overwhelming grp while I have a pair of sub 226 ilvl teammates, it's a /stuck.

usually in the 2nd round b/c it's fair to give it a go once in round 1, but if I'm being honest, there's a cd on /stuck, and if you do it in rnd 1, it will still be on cd for the start of round 2. 😄

fwiw, I do play arenas (such as they are) all the time. it's not at all difficult to call the matches before the gates drop. I will still play. but during the round when 2 of your teammates are dead already, you're just wasting everyone's time. the opposite end of this spectrum is the jackarse sin or op who decides he's going to stealth out and drag a 2v1, 3v1, or 4v1 out to acid, either because he can or b/c he wants to farm that 1 or possibly 2 medals he can still salvage.

personally, salvaging medals is meaningless. if you cannot log enough games with the proper number of medals in either format (WZ or arena) regardless of the bugs and asinine medal scoring structure, then you are bad. you just are. in aggregate, logging matches that count towards the seasonal stuff is not difficult. I'm not a gold plated ranked dude. I haven't grp'd with a single person in over 4 years. the game isn't that hard. ppl who stay alive to farm a medal are just wasting time. start the next round or the next match, and keep the world spinning, please.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AwesomeTacoCat said:

Honestly, all more experienced players are asking is that people come in with some semblance of an idea how to play. I don’t expect them to be good and know the finer points of pvp. But knowing that guard swapping is your biggest priority as a tank? Knowing how to do more than 3k dps freecasting? Knowing how to do more than 5-6k hps freecasting? Having a tactical appropriate for your spec and some augmented (even blue augments) gear? Like this stuff is really not that hard. Read a guide for like an hour. Practice on a dummy for 2 hours. Spend like 2 hours doing DF SM for frags and you’re basically there. Like 5 total hours of time required to not be a total sandbag? That’s all I’m asking for. 

And all that's good, but it means nothing unless you actually go out there and get the pvp experience. Targeting a dummy isn't the same as a player. A player will fight back. It's not going to go exactly like those guides like to portray it. Stuns, roots, another enemy showing up, they don't count for the number of things that can happen in warzones. As some people like to say it isn't, warzones are unpredictable. 

3 hours ago, krackcommando said:

as @AwesomeTacoCat said, the /stuck is used all the time outside of throwing.

when my teammate gets obliterated before I can get through 3 GCD, it's grounds for a /stuck.

when the other team is an overwhelming grp while I have a pair of sub 226 ilvl teammates, it's a /stuck.

Agreed.