The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Well, the Unthinkable and "Impossible" just happened...

tritiya

5 minutes ago, recalcitrantIre said:

have you been paying attention to prices over the last few years? you'd have to be utterly delusional to think there are effective sinks anywhere in this game

but again, this is a problem borne of Bioware's years of neglect and they seem to be seriously convinced that every harebrained scheme that crosses their thoughts is a magic bullet

Obviously it is not a save-all thing, but of all the possible credit sinks (sans something insane like simply deleting player credits), it is probably the most efficient.

Expanding the tax to all trades is going to help, unlike taxing QT, where it is literally pointless.

On 5/8/2023 at 11:25 PM, Diamaht said:

"I don't like QT change."

Simpler way to say all that

Me personaly... I don't care... Even switched off the message asking me if I really want to travel and pay the price... 5k credits... even a thousand QT travels won't cost much (5 million). Last week paid 80 million GTN tax for selling an item... Now that's somethink which I personaly didn't like... But for a few days (I think it was 2 days waiting) the GTN tax removed 80 million from me... And it may have removed like 500 000... If I QTed 100times and if the cost was the max (5000)... Math speaks for itself... GTN Tax is efective anti-iflation tool if this tax cannot be avoided (perks or player-to-player and mail trades). The QT tax doesn't mean any think for lv80 players...

7 hours ago, recalcitrantIre said:

have you been paying attention to prices over the last few years? you'd have to be utterly delusional to think there are effective sinks anywhere in this game

Before credit generation got out of control, GTN tax was effective. Sure, some people avoided it for some large purchases, but most people still traded hypercrates and other expensive/rare things paying the 8% just fine.

During 5.X came Companion Gift exploit, heroic loot fest and to make it worst someone at BW thought a good idea to introduce e 'tax evasion' perk in an economy that already showed early signs of inflation.

Now in 6.X everything got out even worst with credits for 'nothing' and so much more loot everyware that made the heroic loot from 5.X look like pocket change.

Now we may have lower generation and probably the 8% tax could balance; but the economy moved way beyond GTN boundaries.

7 hours ago, recalcitrantIre said:

but again, this is a problem borne of Bioware's years of neglect and they seem to be seriously convinced that every harebrained scheme that crosses their thoughts is a magic bullet

indeed, and when they do get a decent idea they manage to implement it so bad it becomes another problem.