7.3 Credit Economy Initiative: Updates and the GTN

1 hour ago, Skummy said:

Having more health and dps pressure is not going to help you lol??? Stats mean everything in this game having more stats then the other guy means your probably going to win LMAO. And if i could craft them and crafters werent so greedy i would be able to afford things like in 4.0 they legit cost to much. Have to drop like 100 dollars on cartel coins just to afford gear like a p2w korean mmo kekw. Cool!!!

Gold augments aren't going to magically change your chances of survival or bump your DPS from 10-15k to 25k.

If you can't play the game with blue or purple augments, gold augments aren't going to help.

Gold augments are also very cheap to make. No one is going to give them to you just like no one is going to give you 332 or 336 gear. You either work for them, craft them your self, or buy them.

I have only bought 20 dollars of CC once in over 10 years and I have full gold augments. If you can't figure out how to craft, how to sell anything in game, or how to farm tech frags and earn the OEMs and RPMs yourself, that's a knowledge issue not a wealth issue.

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skummy said:

crafters werent so greedy i would be able to afford things like in 4.0 they legit cost to much. Have to drop like 100 dollars on cartel coins just to afford gear

OR…. Hear me out, you could craft them yourself, like the rest of us do 🤷🏻‍♀️

No one is forcing you to spend a $100. Which is 😂 that anyone would even consider wasting their money to do so 🤦‍♀️.

Gold Augs aren’t hard to make. You just have to be willing to spend the time dedicated to getting your different crafters up & then crafting the Augs. 

As long as you’ve lvld up a few of your companions to lvl 50, you’ll probably crit on a few when you craft. You could then sell the spares on the GTN to buy any other type of gold Augs you need. 

There are guides out there on the most efficient ways to do it. Most are a few years old. But considering crafting hasn’t been updated since 6.0, you’ll have no issues using an old guide from the last 2-3 years.

Sorry i have a full time job and i play wow as main game and play this casually. If you have alot of free time to farm the same old stuff from 1.0 over and over again for the past 10 years go for it im glad you can do that. Only time i crafted was to make a nim crystal so lol, Ive been playing since 2011 and i could always afford stuff till 5.0 But running me down saying im not smart when theirs clearly a big problem with the economy will make you feel big and strong xoxoxo lol.

Selling stuff okay ill sell my embers at 4mil each ill buy one gold augment next year lolol.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1020659784174813247/1091777240477483101/Screenshot_2023-04-01_10_28_01_378501.jpg

pretty sure it would of been 25k with gold augs pressing buttons hard durr durr i havent been playing mmos for the past 10 years durr durr doing mythic plus durr havent cleared savage in ff durr durr.

Edited by Skummy

Just adding to this. One of my rl friends is an infrequent swtor player (he still subs), and with the Rakghoul event this week, he wanted to get Lokin on one of his toons. I have TONS of mats for that because I pretty much send out my bio/dip comps on those all the time. So I was going to give him a few thousand to get Lokin to lvl 10 so he could do the tunnel part. It would have cost me over 2 million creds to give him just 50 mats. He needs way more than that, and I was in no way going to pay to give him free crafting mats (well, whatever it costs to send out the comps).

So, as we are both in the same guild, I thought I would just drop them in the guild bank for him to take out. No go. He could only remove four (I, who put them in there, had the privilege of removing five!). Surreal. This MAY be a guild bank privilege setting, I'm not sure, but it's ludicrous that I can't give my friend mats to complete a mission without being "taxed" over 10 million for the pleasure. That's not a tax, that is highway robbery.

I finally got a guild leader to pull the mats out and give them to my friend, but he still didn't have enough (I hadn't put them all in the guild bank because the tab only had one slot). I'm assuming the leader had to pay millions to do this for us (and we are very grateful), but how absolutely infuriating. I probably won't be able to talk my friend into playing swtor any time soon (he's still fuming over the Quick Travel costs, too).

Honestly, I hardly even want to play anymore. Part of the fun was helping other players, but now it's prohibited by exorbitant "taxes" that make zero sense (mats that cost me a few K in creds to get over time are being "taxed" MILLIONS? Absolutely outrageous). This does nothing but irk the heck out of me. 

I logged in this week not even sure if I'd been booted from guilds--and not sure I even cared since I don't feel like playing any more, anyway. Someone else should have my spot.  I've been debating about unsubscribing, and I was worried about ensuring I had unlocks, etc. But now. Naw, don't care. Won't be logging enough for it to even matter what is unlocked and what isn't. I can't stand this game right now.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

Just adding to this. One of my rl friends is an infrequent swtor player (he still subs), and with the Rakghoul event this week, he wanted to get Lokin on one of his toons. I have TONS of mats for that because I pretty much send out my bio/dip comps on those all the time. So I was going to give him a few thousand to get Lokin to lvl 10 so he could do the tunnel part. It would have cost me over 2 million creds to give him just 50 mats. He needs way more than that, and I was in no way going to pay to give him free crafting mats (well, whatever it costs to send out the comps).

So, as we are both in the same guild, I thought I would just drop them in the guild bank for him to take out. No go. He could only remove four (I, who put them in there, had the privilege of removing five!). Surreal. This MAY be a guild bank privilege setting, I'm not sure, but it's ludicrous that I can't give my friend mats to complete a mission without being "taxed" over 10 million for the pleasure. That's not a tax, that is highway robbery.

I finally got a guild leader to pull the mats out and give them to my friend, but he still didn't have enough (I hadn't put them all in the guild bank because the tab only had one slot). I'm assuming the leader had to pay millions to do this for us (and we are very grateful), but how absolutely infuriating. I probably won't be able to talk my friend into playing swtor any time soon (he's still fuming over the Quick Travel costs, too).

Honestly, I hardly even want to play anymore. Part of the fun was helping other players, but now it's prohibited by exorbitant "taxes" that make zero sense (mats that cost me a few K in creds to get over time are being "taxed" MILLIONS? Absolutely outrageous). This does nothing but irk the heck out of me. 

I logged in this week not even sure if I'd been booted from guilds--and not sure I even cared since I don't feel like playing any more, anyway. Someone else should have my spot.  I've been debating about unsubscribing, and I was worried about ensuring I had unlocks, etc. But now. Naw, don't care. Won't be logging enough for it to even matter what is unlocked and what isn't. I can't stand this game right now.

every guild should have an empty bay with 9999 limit with stacks counting as 1 unit. This is so guild mates can trade with each other.

Suggest this to your guild leader.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darkestmonty said:

Part of the fun was helping other players, but now it's prohibited by exorbitant "taxes" that make zero sense (mats that cost me a few K in creds to get over time are being "taxed" MILLIONS? Absolutely outrageous). This does nothing but irk the heck out of me. 

Yea, while I am still playing, I am much less generous to new players.  Seriously, they need to rethink this taxes BS.  Tax cartel market stuff a set amount based on rarity maybe. I don't know, but mats and such should NOT be TAXED. AT ALL. 

• Like 2

On 8/10/2023 at 12:13 PM, Skummy said:

How much of my car loan will i have to put on hold to buy gold augments for gear just to casually pvp? Thought this was a american mmo not a korean one kekw

I'm really tired of some people coming here saying 'this is so grindy', so 'pay to win', its 'like a korean mmo'....Counting out potential trolls, none of those persons(you included) have even watched a video about the grind/p2w aspects of those korean MMOs. How do i know that for an actual FACT? Because if you have done so you would be lighting candles to EA/BW/BS/Dev team so they keep this game as the ultra casual friendly and extreamly cheap game that it is.

And in case you think i'm a white knight i invite you to see my post history to notice i'm anything but that. I'm not shy about my critics to the game and dev team.

On 8/10/2023 at 12:49 PM, Skummy said:

I never crafted always was able to do endgame for credits thats literally impossible since 5.0. Yea purple augments will stop 3 gold augment dps from hammering into oblivion kekw. Do you play the game ?

On 8/10/2023 at 7:29 PM, Skummy said:

Having more health and dps pressure is not going to help you lol??? Stats mean everything in this game having more stats then the other guy means your probably going to win LMAO. And if i could craft them and crafters werent so greedy i would be able to afford things like in 4.0 they legit cost to much. Have to drop like 100 dollars on cartel coins just to afford gear like a p2w korean mmo kekw. Cool!!!

On 8/10/2023 at 11:30 PM, Skummy said:

Sorry i have a full time job and i play wow as main game and play this casually. If you have alot of free time to farm the same old stuff from 1.0 over and over again for the past 10 years go for it im glad you can do that. Only time i crafted was to make a nim crystal so lol, Ive been playing since 2011 and i could always afford stuff till 5.0 But running me down saying im not smart when theirs clearly a big problem with the economy will make you feel big and strong xoxoxo lol.

Selling stuff okay ill sell my embers at 4mil each ill buy one gold augment next year lolol.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1020659784174813247/1091777240477483101/Screenshot_2023-04-01_10_28_01_378501.jpg

pretty sure it would of been 25k with gold augs pressing buttons hard durr durr i havent been playing mmos for the past 10 years durr durr doing mythic plus durr havent cleared savage in ff durr durr.

Have you actually played 4.x and 5.0? Looks like you have not or did so in a parallel universe.

Being able to afford like in 4.0? Did you know that having better gear in 4.X required to you to farm currencies with increased dificulty? As in less and less casual the higher the Tier. Sure pvp gear was cheap, but pve was tiered. 

You could not afford stuff in 5.0? Really? In 5.0 were Tiers could be farmed casually and not requiring even to do group content? Sure, it was a slow start to getting the tiers at first, but got better over time.

Now, into the augments: In 5.0 a single HOUR of doing low level HEROICS gave you more credits that you needed for a full set of purple augments!!!!

Gold ones introduced later required just a few more hours of heroics, still reachable by any solo casual.

And you have little time because you work? So do I. I started playing by the end of 4.X and back in that time i did ZERO group content until i tried PvP to farm some boxes. For a few weeks it was most of my activity and made not only my augments but also credits on GTN. How? Crafting...in case you haven't noticed it works in background and you can micro manage it while you are waiting for queue pops.

Selling just embers? Have you tried using the Tech Fragments to get the augs gold mats and sell them? I guess not.

Edited by Balameb

Devs you are doing it all wrong :eek:

You are introducing taxes, new costs, make repairs more expensive, removing tax reliefs while the source of broken economy are CREDIT SELLERS.

It's not some bug from years ago, those players are gone and even if they still play they have everything and they don't have to buy or sell anything.

Credit sellers and previous abuse of referral program are at the source. 
New players come and see that 1x augment kit costs 7 million credit (after finishing story they might have max 1 million total) then they see that 1x augment costs 200 million... so what do they do? They need to BUY that money to play endgame.
Every raiding team will tell you - no high grade augments? get lost kid!  

To fix the economy you need to add cheap augments and augment kit to Hyde and Zeek.

Otherwise players will keep buying credits from shady websites to buy augments, and people who sell these augmnents put these credits back on the shady website - the circle is complete. 

Then there are cartel market items. Buying credits from shady website is half the price at max of what cartel coins cost - again newbies pick the easier and cheaper path and buy from illegitimate sources. But it's augments and augment kits that ruin the economy and the game all together - give augments and augment kits (or remove augment kits completely) to Hyde and Zeek and then and ONLY then you are going to address the issue of economy correctly and strike a blow into the core of the problem.  

Devs team, by raising travel, repair costs and such you are actually PUCHING people to go and buy more credits from credit spammers and you are punishing new and old players. For newbies endgame gear in not accessible anyway and it's harder to keep playing with devs raising costs.

3 minutes ago, Starknaga said:

You are introducing taxes, new costs, make repairs more expensive, removing tax reliefs while the source of broken economy are CREDIT SELLERS

I’m guessing you didn’t read any of the other posts in this thread that discussed how this idea that credit sellers are to blame is wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️

12 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I’m guessing you didn’t read any of the other posts in this thread that discussed how this idea that credit sellers are to blame is wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️

You guys are gamers and most of you have no idea about how economy works. I work in sales my entire life.

To stop people from buying credits (tell me how a newbie can gather few billion credits to augment his toon in a legitimate way, buying from cartel and selling is not a solution because it's broken logic).

To stop people from buying credits you need to remove the DEMAND. And you are removing the demand by giving augment kits and augments to Hyde and Zeek. In one move you destroy entire credit selling business. 

By introducing taxes, high prices, 'credit sinks' you are INCREASING demand for shady currency (it's like governments increase inflation by raising taxes). And as far as I know these people have unlimited resources as they abused bugs, referral system and now they are the ones who sell augments and kits. 

So it's the legit players who get punished, not sellers.

Edited by Starknaga

19 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Credit Sellers were to blame since they kept credits in the game that would otherwise have left (only farming mats became irrelevant, not their business of buying credits from players permanently leaving the game). Bioware took a hammer to them right before the taxes and it had a significant impact on the overall credit supply. How long they stay irrelevant is the question.

• Thanks 1

If a player knows enough to want augments then they should also know enough to figure out how to make their own, or how to make the credits in-game to purchase them from crafters.

Do you think crafters make augments out of nothing?  Learn what mats they need, then gather and sell those mats to them if you cannot be bothered to take up crafting yourself.

The demand for credits is mostly driven by players' lust for purely cosmetic items anyway.  Items that can only be obtained from the cartel market.  It is certainly not due to augments and aug kits, which are craftable even by non-subs.

How are they (credit sellers) irrelevant when you can now go to ebay and see that they are selling credits just how they always did...? Just type in 'swtor credits' into search on ebay. 

I don't know what Bioware did, but if they were not completely detached from this game and community they would have known how to solve the problem...

Taxes... credit sinks... garbage... see the elephant in the room, but to see it you have to play your own game.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

It is certainly not due to augments and aug kits, which are craftable even by non-subs.

See this is a gamer's opinion who does not know how economy works.
So if there is no demand for augment kits and augments then why are they so expensive? I'm sure you don't understand what I mean.

Cosmetics too, agreed, but these you buy once and have an unlock - augments... you need to buy several sets for your DPS, Tank, Healer... 

Again, how newbies can afford augments and flagship unlocks on day 1? 

Give the augments and augment kits to Hyde and Zeek for 200k per item and problem is solved. Right now new players can't afford to join to play endgame and are getting severely punished by devs raising taxes etc. 

I hope they have some adults there at dev studio who are going to read my post. 

Just now, Starknaga said:

So if there is no demand for augment kits and augments then why are they so expensive?

They are expensive because of the mats needed to craft them. 

Crafting is a part of the game, it does not create credits, simply moves them from one player to another.

It is not crafting that has led to inflation.

Learn to craft yourself, or sell the mats to the crafters.

Removing crafters from the game is not the solution to anything, just taking away yet another part of the game that some players find fun.

8 minutes ago, Starknaga said:

Day 1?  I don't know about you but when I started the game I never even thought about running a guild or augments.  You don't need augments until you get into hard mode stuff, and you shouldn't expect to start a guild on 'day 1' and have it be comparable to older guilds.

Newbies should actually learn the game before they start fretting about endgame things.

3 minutes ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

They are expensive because of the mats needed to craft them. 

And you still don't understand why are they expensive and getting more expensive every day? 

Crafting is a part of the game, it does not create credits, simply moves them from one player to another.

Yes, the credit seller sells them to player A ---> Player A buys augments and kits ---> Credits return to shady website

It is not crafting that has led to inflation.

Cheap credits from the sellers that are getting cheaper every day create inflation.

Removing crafters from the game is not the solution to anything, just taking away yet another part of the game that some players find fun.

They are the credit sellers themselves. It's usually one person or small group of people who run entire GTN. Tell me what do they do with these billions they made every day. I can see the same guy buying mats and selling augments on my server since 2016... Strange hobby? No, in some countries you can have a living for $5 worth of swtor credits. 

Day 1?  I don't know about you but when I started the game I never even thought about running a guild or augments.  You don't need augments until you get into hard mode stuff, and you shouldn't expect to start a guild on 'day 1' and have it be comparable to older guilds.

Newbies should actually learn the game before they start fretting about endgame things.

You see, you are saying how it SHOULD be. And I agree with you. 

But I am saying how it actually IS. And every day I see newbies with their level 001 guilds recruiting, bragging about progression squads (how could they afford gear) and bragging about full flagship unlock (one of these frameworks was 30 mil in 2018, now they are 170 mil per item and you need several of them for every room, again how newbies can afford it?)

Credit sellers are at the core of the problem, and saying they are gone because Bioware did something is silly, just look on ebay...

If people had not had that money they prices would not go up, and it's the newbies who are paying these prices, we old player we already have everything, I don't remember when I last time bought anything on GTN...

So it's either removing credit sellers, or making the items cheap buy at NPCs. Currently new players can't afford these prices and devs make it worse by counterproductive changes. Maybe they don't understand how economy works themselves. 

56 minutes ago, Starknaga said:

You guys are gamers and most of you have no idea about how economy works. I work in sales my entire life.

To stop people from buying credits (tell me how a newbie can gather few billion credits to augment his toon in a legitimate way, buying from cartel and selling is not a solution because it's broken logic).

To stop people from buying credits you need to remove the DEMAND. And you are removing the demand by giving augment kits and augments to Hyde and Zeek. In one move you destroy entire credit selling business. 

By introducing taxes, high prices, 'credit sinks' you are INCREASING demand for shady currency (it's like governments increase inflation by raising taxes). And as far as I know these people have unlimited resources as they abused bugs, referral system and now they are the ones who sell augments and kits. 

So it's the legit players who get punished, not sellers.

😂 I’m now retired & have run big retail & sales businesses in my career as well as own & run a successful IT sales & support business. I’m pretty sure I’ve forgotten more about sales than most people have learnt these days.

But that’s not what we’re discussing & means little to this discussion.

You don’t even understand this particular games particular history or it’s economy. You can’t readily apply real world economics to this game without knowing what caused the inflation to start with. And I hate to tell you, it wasn’t the credit sellers. It was an over production of game generated credits and the removal of credit sinks along the way. 

Credit sellers can’t magically create the credits. They need to be generated in the game from playing. And sure, credit sellers are a scourge, but they are a symptom, not the cause. 

Taxes & credit sinks remove the excess credits from the game. Without those excess credits in the system, inflation declines. And if you actually understood RW economics, you would know that excess dollars actually devalues a currency, which puts upward pressure on inflation. 

44 minutes ago, DWho said:

Credit Sellers were to blame since they kept credits in the game that would otherwise have left (only farming mats became irrelevant, not their business of buying credits from players permanently leaving the game). Bioware took a hammer to them right before the taxes and it had a significant impact on the overall credit supply. How long they stay irrelevant is the question.

Credit sellers are a symptom, they aren’t the reason. The reason is the game generated too many credits from normal game play & BW gradually removed certain credit sinks over the years without replacing or adjusting them. 

31 minutes ago, Starknaga said:

So if there is no demand for augment kits and augments then why are they so expensive? I'm sure you don't understand what I mean.

Cosmetics too, agreed, but these you buy once and have an unlock - augments... you need to buy several sets for your DPS, Tank, Healer... 

Give the augments and augment kits to Hyde and Zeek for 200k per item and problem is solved. Right now new players can't afford to join to play endgame and are getting severely punished by devs raising taxes etc. 

I hope they have some adults there at dev studio who are going to read my post. 

You have zero idea how this games economy works 🤦‍♀️

4 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

xes & credit sinks remove the excess credits from the game. Without those excess credits in the system, inflation declines. And if you actually understood RW economics, you would know that excess dollars actually devalues a currency, which puts upward pressure on inflation. 

By raising taxes and making newbie's life more difficult you create demand to buy more credits, what is there you don't understand? 
You are trying to remove credits from economy? Do you even know how much money sellers have? Right now you are removing newbies who can't afford to repair their gear after a harder flashpoint. 

9 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

😂 I’m now retired & have run big retail & sales businesses in my career as well as own & run a successful IT sales & support business. I’m pretty sure I’ve forgotten more about sales than most people have learnt these days.

Being some IT nerd and spending your life in a basement does not make you expert in economy mate. As we can see... 

Just now, Starknaga said:

By raising taxes and making newbie's life more difficult you create demand to buy more credits, what is there you don't understand? 
You are trying to remove credits from economy? Do you even know how much money sellers have? Right now you are removing newbies who can't afford to repair their gear after a harder flashpoint. 

So you’re a newbie to the game with zero understanding of why the game had runaway inflation & why the devs needed to make changes to rein it in. Got it 👍

Maybe instead of arguing with people who’ve been playing the game since launch, you actually go back & read the thread. All of your misconceptions have already been discussed & the correct information has been provided 🤷🏻‍♀️

1 minute ago, Starknaga said:

Being some IT nerd and spending your life in a basement does not make you expert in economy mate. As we can see... 

Firstly, I’m not your mate!

That is not what I said. Obviously reading & comprehension are beyond you. 

So let me clarify. I managed successful retail & sales businesses that had nothing to do with IT. I also ran IT sales businesses as well as owning my own. 

Regardless, you don’t understand this game.