Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Galactic Season Weeklies for raiders.

petofly

I have a quick question to DEVs. Why there are no Opertions/raid objectives? There are lot of people that do not play PVP or GSF. Also crafting is not in their scope. I do not count Flaspoint as viable endgame group content for people who mostly raid. I thing there can be each week one additional objective also for these people.  Something in line of:
2 story mode  Operations
1 veteran mode Operation
1 or 2 master mode OPS Boss kills

Please take this list of objectives as rough idea. I will be glad for any type of OPS centric weekly objective as once in a while when there are PVP, GSF and GSI objectives in one week I am pushed to do this content even though I avoid it as much as possible.

Edited by petofly
PC crash during initial writing.
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, petofly said:

I have a quick question to DEVs. Why there are no Opertions/raid objectives? There are lot of people that do not play PVP or GSF. Also crafting is not in their scope. I do not count Flaspoint as viable endgame group content for people who mostly raid. I thing there can be each week one additional objective also for these people.  Something in line of:
2 story mode  Operations
1 veteran mode Operation
1 or 2 master mode OPS Boss kills

Please take this list of objectives as rough idea. I will be glad for any type of OPS centric weekly objective as once in a while when there are PVP, GSF and GSI objectives in one week I am pushed to do this content even though I avoid it as much as possible.

There was an Weekly Operations Objective in Galactic Seasons 1:  I assume when Bioware reviewed that season they found that most players would just 'reroll' it like I always did* so they didn't bother adding a new version to the revamped GS format...

*former WoW raider speaking who has always loathed PvP, but would rather suffer through a couple of battlegrounds/GSF matches for guaranteed seasonal credit than a Operations PUG that might take forever to organize and still fail for no seasonal credit at all...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

Operations are sub only, and the other objectives can be done by preferred.   Although you think that would be reason to put the objective in, not leave it out.

I do think it's strange that pvp seasons has sub-only objectives, which is pretty poor planning when you want to encourage group content for faster queues, but the regular galactic seasons doesn't. Rather than take one objective away, BW should add an eighth objective that is sub-only, always worth 10 points, and that encourages sub-only content, like Uprisings, Ops, or specific endgame stuff like the Manaan Weekly. 

As someone who is usually preferred, I'd rather they do it that way, which, in theory, would help subs complete the Season faster, and would also free up objective options that preferred can't do anyway. That is, assuming implementing this would actually free up space for different objectives. For example, I'm confused why there's still any pvp objectives for GS when we have pvp seasons already. 

Edited by Ardrossan

Posting only to not only to "like" the original post, but explicitly show support of the original poster's idea.

Diversity in season objectives will only help with popularity. One might even think about spreading existing ones a little, like 8 points for a story chapter, 10 for a veteran chapter and 12 for a master chapter, same then for operations. 

• 1 month later...

Conquest and Seasons objectives need work.

Next to no one plays Uprisings, yet they award an absurd number of conquest points every week, and come up in both objectives lists way more than Operations.

PVP and GSF are over-weighted in both systems, award the highest points, and almost always have objectives for both, including sometimes fully repeatable objectives. And on top of that, PVP has it's own 'Seasons' system which does not have ANY non-PVP objectives.

EVERYTHING should be in both systems every week, and as @Sundown mentioned above, could be tiered for point value based on difficulty.

Points should come naturally from playing the game, and any desire to promote one area or another should be done by providing a BONUS to that content for that day or week, not at the expense of leaving certain activities such as Operation off most lists of objectives. 

There are already limits to the number of objectives that can be completed each week, and conquest only provides rewards once per week as well, so ADDING objectives such that EVERYONE has the potential to complete objectives while playing content they enjoy should be a no-brainer.  

Sadly, because it is such a no-brainer, I don't expect they will do something like add more objectives to cover all game aspects.

Instead, we'll just see another total rework that does not accomplish anything close to balance nor allows players to simply enjoy the game as they wish and be able to participate and complete stuff like Conquest and Seasons.

Edited by DawnAskham

46 minutes ago, DawnAskham said:

Points should come naturally from playing the game, and any desire to promote one area or another should be done by providing a BONUS to that content for that day or week, not at the expense of leaving certain activities such as Operation off most lists of objectives. 

I’m curious how you would see this working?  I’m not a big OPs runner but when I do run one or two SM OPs it is usually on the weekends.   If I hit my max objectives from doing my normal activities, wouldn’t I be loosing out on a lot of points just because I’m not able to run OPs until the weekend?  

Just now, Darcmoon said:

I’m curious how you would see this working?  I’m not a big OPs runner but when I do run one or two SM OPs it is usually on the weekends.   If I hit my max objectives from doing my normal activities, wouldn’t I be loosing out on a lot of points just because I’m not able to run OPs until the weekend?  

Adding more objectives would not cause anyone to 'lose' points simply because they are completing more than the weekly limit.

Adding more objectives just gives all players the option to cap their weekly objectives for participating in the content they enjoy, rather than requiring them to either forgo completing Seasons objectives or participate in content (or stupid time sinks like the 'meditating' nonsense) they do not enjoy.

15 minutes ago, DawnAskham said:

Adding more objectives would not cause anyone to 'lose' points simply because they are completing more than the weekly limit.

Adding more objectives just gives all players the option to cap their weekly objectives for participating in the content they enjoy, rather than requiring them to either forgo completing Seasons objectives or participate in content (or stupid time sinks like the 'meditating' nonsense) they do not enjoy.

I probably should have been a little more specific. It was part of the quoted area but I didn’t specifically mention it.   You said they should give bonuses for objectives for areas they want promoted.  Maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned just OPs but I would imagine that they would be worth the bonus points (not counting Lair bosses).  

Edited by Darcmoon

24 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

But you are the one who said they should give bonuses for objectives for areas they want promoted.  Maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned just OPs but I would imagine that they would be worth the bonus points (not counting Lair bosses).  

Right now Seasons appears to have no objectives for Operations, and Conquest objectives no longer seem to be tied to the old weekly Conquest themes (even on non-PVP themed weeks, PVP seems to have more objectives awarding more points with more repeatability, while Operations themed weeks do not offer many points or have that much repeatability, same with crafting themed weeks).

I'd prefer seeing all content represented equally every week (equally as in reasonably balanced for effort / time / points, similar repeatability), with 'promoted' content changing from week to week highlighting specific content, and the highlighted content should include 'bonuses' such as extra points or extra activities that would encourage players to participate in the promoted content to complete objectives faster / easier.

I'm not suggesting that promoted content 'bonuses' should be for extra points above and beyond whatever daily / weekly limits are set overall, just a way to promote certain content each week and have that be the fastest / easiest way to cap while still allowing players to reasonably be able to cap playing their preferred content.

Edited by DawnAskham

4 minutes ago, DawnAskham said:

Right now Seasons appears to have no objectives for Operations, and Conquest objectives no longer seem to be tied to the old weekly Conquest themes (even on non-PVP themed weeks, PVP seems to have more objectives awarding more points with more repeatability, while Operations themed weeks do not offer many points or have that much repeatability, same with crafting themed weeks).

I'd prefer seeing all content represented equally every week (equally as in reasonably balanced for effort / time / points, similar repeatability), with 'promoted' content changing from week to week highlighting specific content, and the highlighted content should include 'bonuses' such as extra points or extra activities that would encourage players to participate in the promoted content to complete objectives faster / easier.

I'm not suggesting that promoted content 'bonuses' should be for extra points above and beyond whatever daily / weekly limits are set overall, just a way to promote certain content each week and have that be the fastest / easiest way to cap while still allowing players to reasonably be able to cap playing their preferred content.

Seasons doesn’t have an OPs objective each week, no. They do have one that comes up for the lair bosses which are still considered OPs.  I don’t get why you are talking about conquest objectives though.   They really don’t have anything to do with the season objectives and any issues with them should get their own thread.  
Right now the objectives are based on doing up to 7 of the available 10.  They would have to change something quite a bit if they let you get the objectives playing anything you wanted to.  Additionally, if you hit the max number of objectives before you even had the chance to do the ones with bonus points then you would loose those points.  You can do the same thing currently if you don’t do any of the 12 point objectives but currently it is pretty easy to not hit the max before you can do them. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.