Gear Progression

krackcommando

First, i want to commend BW on creating gear tiers for the different types of content. I think that was genuinely a good idea.

However, gearing in 7.0 and now 7.2 is ridiculously convoluted. I only pvp these days, so let me just make my point here. in order to gear up, I need CQ comms, Tech frags, and WZ comms. That's before the Hyde and Zeek stuff. All of these things can be gathered via WZs and arenas, but it's needlessly convoluted.

let me buy everything with WZ comms up to the current patch level (332 atm).  get everything from the pvp vendor. he only accepts wz comms. problem solved. you can sell the same items (e.g., bonus set packages, tacticals) at the fp vendor and ops vendor using their respective currencies.

no need for hyde and zeek. no need for balancing currencies like you're trying to do your taxes.

edit: this includes using WZ, FP, or OPs comms for mods, enh, and aug materials.

requiring the entire player base to work an abacus and balance 3+ different currencies for one vendor item is patently ridiculous. update your currencies and vendors with each new tier/patch/xpack. please and thank you.

Edited by krackcommando
typos

• 1 month later...
I have a general problem with the current equipment system.

At level 50 we had a system similar to what we have now. When that was changed you (Bioware) wrote that you wanted to make it easier for us. Now we have the same system as before because - and now laughing - you want to make it easier for us. Did you forget all what you've said before, if you start work on a new update? Seams like...

I've been a non-stop subscription gamer since (I think) April 2012, so I have 50 characters, 21 of them are now level 80. What you guys tell me is "f**k you, unsub and become a casual gamer with one or two chars". So ... in order not to grind myself completely to death, I use armor sets and so on throughout the legacy, i.e. the legacy bank.

Three tank classes need Story Armor, PvP Armor, Flashpoint Armor, and Operation Armor. 3 x 4 = 12 armor sets (plus accessories). Four DD classes need... Four heal classes need... What the heck?!? Just that doesn't even fit in the legacy bank if you don't use it for anything else. And sure I use it for a lot more then armor sets!

Of course I could send back and forth to give each character their own armor sets by get the same level. But then I have to equip each of these armor sets with MK's (expensive) and build upgrades ad nauseam (and grind material for them). Until now for 21 Characters, next week 30, next month 40, ... That just doesn't make any sense because I play the game to enjoy its insane scope and not just grind the same thing over and over again! That's it, why I have so many characters and counting.

And I'm not one of those people who have to be filled with grinding waiting for new content. I've been billing my subscription every month for over 11 years, new content or not. That's not going to change unless I have to grind (and I hate grinding).

And I would imagine I'm not the only one who finds this gear system a middle finger raised for being a subscriber with that many characters almost since the game's launch. So either I need 15 instead of 7 legacy bank ramps, it will be possible to copy earned AND upgraded equipment, or something else has to change. It can't (for me)  stay the way it is now, unless the raised middle finger is really what you want to show us (me) old SWtoR players.

And that's not meant in a bad way! I love this game (patch 7.3 included) and I'm grateful for it, otherwise I wouldn't have been hnon stop happily subscribing to it for so long.

And sorry for my bad english! I'm an (old) native german and without google translater it's impossibel for me to be a part of this forum, because the german part of it is just for ... nothing. No one from Bioware is reading it. But I don't know if it's the case here.

Edited by Borderrr