How to get rid of a bad guild leader?

chainsiguess

The Guild I am in had a period of long stagnation throughout the last two years of the pandemic and has revived itself. Unfortunately for all of us, a player rose to the top spot and both refuses to do anything and relinquish the position. The officers of my guild are constrained to inaction and an inability to rally or access necessary raid materials because the only officer who can access these materials is the Guildmaster, who, as mentioned before, refuses to do anything.

Is there anyway the rest of us might somehow get him removed other than just closing our eyes and praying he stays inactive for a month? Asking for help here.

Cynical Steve is right.

Cut your losses, run, and never look back. If you have a dedicated group of officers, you will quickly rebuild. Right now, every moment you spend in your current guild is only fueling the power and wealth of your current guild master.

I trust you understand that allowing a mechanism you propose to depose a guild master would open up a Pandora's Box of problems that would fester at the bottom of a Sarlacc Pit for millennia. 

There are no Mutinies in the Guild mechanisms in SWTOR. Senators on Coruscant can call for a vote of 'No Confidence' in the Chancellor, but they aren't a guild. 😉

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

3 hours ago, Jdast said:

. Senators on Coruscant can call for a vote of 'No Confidence' in the Chancellor, but they aren't a guild. 

You just gave me a great but  admittedly RP'ish/sandbox'ish type idea for players that i wish BioWare could somehow implement... :classic_ninja:

It could even make Coruscant the center of the galaxy ( instead of boring Fleet ) , as it's meant to be.

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: where oh where did BioWare's expansive *vision* go?!?!

17 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

You just gave me a great but  admittedly RP'ish/sandbox'ish type idea for players that i wish BioWare could somehow implement... :classic_ninja:

It could even make Coruscant the center of the galaxy ( instead of boring Fleet ) , as it's meant to be.

As I understand it, the original intent was for characters to 'hang out' on the capital worlds, but it was discovered they created too much lag for the players actually trying to play the capital planet storyline so they hastily added the fleet stations before launch.

When you think about it, the Imperial 'Black Talon' flashpoint makes no sense if you are departing from the fleet station (how is this transport the 'only available ship' for a dangerous mission when you can see a bunch of warships out the window?) so I'm guessing you were originally supposed to start this FP on the Korriban / Hutta stations.

As for the actual original question:  Yeah, it's probably time to just form a new guild.  I mean, you could try to work around the guild bank by having your officers personally store the necessary stuff, but that probably opens up a ton of potential issues going forward.

2 hours ago, Ominovin said:

how is this transport the 'only available ship' for a dangerous mission when you can see a bunch of warships out the window?

Because those warships aren't available for transporting some random idiot to Dromund Kaas.  And also because nobody was expecting GMoff Kilran to send the player's transport off on such a mission either.  (Why he didn't send one of those warships is anyone's guess.)

18 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Because those warships aren't available for transporting some random idiot to Dromund Kaas.  And also because nobody was expecting GMoff Kilran to send the player's transport off on such a mission either.  (Why he didn't send one of those warships is anyone's guess.)

Your character hitching a ride on the Black Talon makes perfect sense.

Moff Kilran directing that transport on what would have been a suicide mission without you (note that he gave the initial order before you even boarded the Black Talon) is the part that makes no sense if you are departing from the Fleet station...

6 hours ago, Ominovin said:

note that he gave the initial order before you even boarded the Black Talon

Actually, no.  The order **to the player** comes once you have encountered Lt Whatsherface, the stupid one, and she has martinetted the guards at the entrance.  You then go into the room with the communicator, get the order, and move within the ship to the bridge.

4 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Actually, no.  The order **to the player** comes once you have encountered Lt Whatsherface, the stupid one, and she has martinetted the guards at the entrance.  You then go into the room with the communicator, get the order, and move within the ship to the bridge.

We are really getting off on a sidetrack here, but based on the opening conversation, the timeline (as I recall it, at least) seems to be:

1. The droid is taken onboard the Black Talon at Geonosis [off screen].
  2. Kilren orders the captain to intercept the escaped republic battleship [off screen].
  3. The captain rejects the order as pure suicide [off screen].
  4. Kilren orders the droid to recruit the PCs [off screen].
  5. The droid communicates to the crew that it needs to talk to the PCs [off screen].
  6. PCs board the Black Talon and are told 'your droid needs to talk to you' as part of the 'welcome aboard' conversation.
  7. PCs talk to the droid and are recruited to seize control of the ship.

None of this makes a lick of sense if you are departing from fleet headquarters:  Would have made more sense if the PCs board the transport as step 2 (without any mention of the droid), then have steps 2-4 happen while in transit (making it being 'the only ship in range' a bit more reasonable), and then the droid approaches the PCs directly to get them to take control of the ship...

EDIT:  Okay, I suppose going 'Off-Topic' in the 'Off-Topic' forum is somewhat appropriate...

Edited by Ominovin

On 4/21/2023 at 2:23 PM, chainsiguess said:

The Guild I am in had a period of long stagnation throughout the last two years of the pandemic and has revived itself. Unfortunately for all of us, a player rose to the top spot and both refuses to do anything and relinquish the position. The officers of my guild are constrained to inaction and an inability to rally or access necessary raid materials because the only officer who can access these materials is the Guildmaster, who, as mentioned before, refuses to do anything.

Is there anyway the rest of us might somehow get him removed other than just closing our eyes and praying he stays inactive for a month? Asking for help here.

As mentioned in post two, make another guild, cut your losses and move on. If I were on staff here, I wouldn't get involved with any of the drama that unfolds in this game or any other MMO either. If there was a 'stagnation throughout the last two years, due to or during the pandemic, those are your red flags, if anything during that time, the volume of people should have increased due to people being stuck at home. 

Build another guild and find quality people, they're out there. Don't be one of those guilds that lingers in starting zones and haphazardly tosses guild invites to people they know nothing about and just want to pad numbers. Quality not quantity, and the guild will eventually grow.

8 hours ago, Ominovin said:

None of this makes a lick of sense if you are departing from fleet headquarters:  Would have made more sense if the PCs board the transport as step 2 (without any mention of the droid), then have steps 2-4 happen while in transit (making it being 'the only ship in range' a bit more reasonable), and then the droid approaches the PCs directly to get them to take control of the ship...

Ah, OK, I see the distinction you're making, and yes, it would make more sense that way.  (In much the same way that The Esseles is structured...)

• 3 weeks later...