Improvement of Life ideas

MortenJessen

Just a few thoughts I have had over the last few days and weeks. I know others have mentioned some of them, but I will list my ideas anyway.

1) Remove the log out for inactivity from the game.

2) Let us stack dyes.

3) Increase all stacks to 9999.

4) Increase the max number of days that you can put up a GTN listing.

5) Make mailcontent automatically go into inventory if the mail is not read within the 30 days.

6) Make veteran, or at least a harder mode, available for class story. As it is now, it is SO boringly easy.

7) Slap a zone on all heroics where it can be done. Like "Face Merchants" on Coruscant.

8) Remove the new timer on dailies.

9) Bring back ALL removed quests. Like the missing heroics in the end Carstle on Alderaan, and Belsavis, and Taris and...... Just PLEASE.

10) Fix the Codex.

11) More cargo bays in both Legacy and normal cargo hold.

12) Give us two (2) cargo bays in our inventory.

13) Bring back more options to earn cartel certificates. 

14) Make mounts live up to being capable of withstanding knockbacks. 

15) Bring back old schematics like the real purple crystals from the original Rakghoul event.

16) Remove caps on all commendations. Or, at the very least make it 99999.

17) Let us exchange ALL commendations for other commendations. I for one stopped pvp'ing like 2 or so years ago, and will NEVER EVER use those commendations, so let me exchange them into, say daily commendations 1 to 1 or into ops commendations 3 to 1. Or something along those lines.

18) Make the Macrobinocular and Seeker droid end heroics soloable.

19) Let me delete that Beep beeep censor beeb Combat Style mission from my quest log. Make it so that if I ever decide to screw up my char, I can pick up the mission from a quest giver.

20) Make the quest log have room for, maybe, 50 quests.

Edited by MortenJessen
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 12:13 AM, MortenJessen said:

What, and let people consume connection resources on the server for an unlimited time while they aren't playing?

2) Let us stack dyes.

Yes.  (Well for all the other kinds of dyes...)

I'm pretty sure this would be pointless, since stuff normally sells fairly quickly or not at all.  Adding more days for "not at all" to continue wouldn't help much of anything, aside from folks using ridiculous GTN prices as a way to stash stuff they have no inventory space for.

5) Make mailcontent automatically go into inventory if the mail is not read within the 30 days.

What would happen if the mail content is an *item* and the character's inventory and cargo hold and (if relevant) legacy storage are all full?

9) Bring back ALL removed quests. Like the missing heroics in the end Carstle on Alderaan, and Belsavis, and Taris and...... Just PLEASE.

Castle.

They took that away on purpose.  I'm not really sure why, but they did.  I imagine that their reasons for doing so haven't changed...

5 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

What, and let people consume connection resources on the server for an unlimited time while they aren't playing?

I for one sometimes have to leave the game for extended periods, like cooking or toilet. I hate coming back in the middle of a fp and have to start over or run several minutes to catch up. The idea of the log out was to clear up space, as when the game launched, the servers were all packed, and people were queued up for hours.

8 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

I'm pretty sure this would be pointless, since stuff normally sells fairly quickly or not at all.  Adding more days for "not at all" to continue wouldn't help much of anything, aside from folks using ridiculous GTN prices as a way to stash stuff they have no inventory space for.

Mostly yes. But lets say I make my fortune by selling mats, and it is not fun having to rearange like 200 sales posts on 6-7 chars once every 3rd day. Let me at least get 5 days.

10 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

What would happen if the mail content is an *item* and the character's inventory and cargo hold and (if relevant) legacy storage are all full?

I could have been more precise here. I mean the in-game mails and GTN returns and sales. Not the many many mails some people like my self get when I create a new char. And if people run around with that full inventories, fill it into the first available slots in the cargo bay(s). I have 76 chars on Malgus (54 operational and a bunch of level 1 name holders), and I dont always make it to looking at all of them even once every 2-3 months. I have lost much like that. I know it is on me for forgetting, but a fair chance would be nice, if the mail content went into inventory or cargo bay.

14 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

They took that away on purpose.  I'm not really sure why, but they did.  I imagine that their reasons for doing so haven't changed...

1) I have apparently missed out on that...

2) Then they could at least not tease me by having me drive around on a mount that says it protects against knockbacks 😠.

15 hours ago, MortenJessen said:

I could have been more precise here. I mean the in-game mails and GTN returns and sales

That's what I thought you meant, since the "mailed at character creation" mails are about the only kind that *do* stick around indefinitely.  (I get around 60, containing a total of more than 90 items.)

And if people run around with that full inventories, fill it into the first available slots in the cargo bay(s).

And if the cargo bay is full as well?  OK, so unbound and bound-to-legacy stuff could go into legacy storage, but (a) what about bound-to-character items, and (b) what if the legacy storage is full as well?

No, it won't hit many people, but it will hit *someone*, and I'd be interested to hear what you'd suggest to handle that case.  And the case of both character credits and legacy credits being full.

2) Then they could at least not tease me by having me drive around on a mount that says it protects against knockbacks 😠.

Yes, I agree.

6 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

And the case of both character credits and legacy credits being full.

Well that question is easily answered. The money will be lost anyway if that is the case, 30 days or not. But having them auto-send them to inventory (or legacy bank) at least leaves a chance for some salvage.

6 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

nd I'd be interested to hear what you'd suggest to handle that case

Leave a message to the players account after 28 days, that the content of (x number of) mails will be (attempted) moved to your inventory when the mail runs out in 48 hours. You now have, say, 48 hours, to clean up space, or the inevitable will happen (anyway). 

1) If the player dont react, it is precisely of no importance to the result of having them deleted after 30 days, now they were just warned.

2) If they DO react but cant create enough space before the 48 hours are gone, see end result of what would happen if you any way forgot the mail.

But it is a chance.

14 hours ago, MortenJessen said:

Well that question is easily answered. The money will be lost anyway if that is the case, 30 days or not. But having them auto-send them to inventory (or legacy bank) at least leaves a chance for some salvage.

For sure it's easy to answer, but you hadn't said.  For what it's worth, your answer matches my thoughts on the question.

14 hours ago, MortenJessen said:

Leave a message to the players account after 28 days, that the content of (x number of) mails will be (attempted) moved to your inventory when the mail runs out in 48 hours. You now have, say, 48 hours, to clean up space, or the inevitable will happen (anyway). 

1) If the player dont react, it is precisely of no importance to the result of having them deleted after 30 days, now they were just warned.

2) If they DO react but cant create enough space before the 48 hours are gone, see end result of what would happen if you any way forgot the mail.

But it is a chance.

OK, that sounds pretty interesting, although it's a bit rough(1) on the handful of people who can't access their external email address for some reason.  (Well, except that they aren't worse off than today...)

The other solution, of course, is for BioWare to broaden the mails that are kept beyond 30 days, so that mails (of all types) from the GTN are kept for an unlimited time, just like the new-character mails.

(1) Compared to anyone that *can* still access their email address.

54 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

although it's a bit rough

Yes, but still less harsh than the (present solution) alternative: Losing everything anyway after 30 days if you forget (about) it.

Lets say one has 34 items (just an example) in mails on a char, and you have room for 11 in the inventory. Getting those 11 is still better than the complete loss of everything after the 30 days. Or you have a combined 300 million in your mailbox but only room for 48 of them in you wallet (if your legacy bank is THAT bloated, you wont notice 300 million anyway), getting those 48 million is still better than losing out on all 300 after 30 days if you forgot.

As I mentioned, I know it is on me for forgetting in the first place (I am not good at writing spreadsheets, or even notes, about things I do in-game), but some salvage is better than a complete loss after 30 days. And a chance to react trough a notification after 28 days is even better. 

And if you are unable to react in time for some reason or the other, it really wont matter anyway, since it would mean the same loss. But see my salvage idea again. Not optimal, but better than a complete write-off.

54 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

The other solution, of course, is for BioWare to broaden the mails that are kept beyond 30 days, so that mails (of all types) from the GTN are kept for an unlimited time, just like the new-character mails.

That would also be very nice. I actually think that is a better idea.

Edited by MortenJessen

On 4/14/2023 at 5:13 PM, MortenJessen said:

Never going to happen. It's a waste of server resources. The logout timer wasn't added by accident.

Never going to happen. The day limit keeps the markets moving. People dump and leave the game to get income. They need to stay on top of it.

The ability to put such a suggestion into writing doesn't make it as feasible. If you can't be bothered to look at your mail at least 1 time in 30 days, that's on you.

😎 Remove the new timer on dailies.

They're called dallies for a reason. That means they are done each day. To make that possible, they must reset each day.

There's no removed quests...? Maybe you need to turn exploration quests back on.

You just said in #6 that is was too easy. No.

Less incentive to play next week if I get 2 weeks of progress in today.

Edited by Traceguy

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

They're called dallies for a reason. That means they are done each day. To make that possible, they must reset each day.

Must they?

Funny how for over 9 years we lived with the dailies/weeklies not resetting and no one had a problem with that.

Although, if you want to go down that route, why are the current weeklies ... not weeklies?  If you can repeat something 3 times in a week, that ain't a weekly.

(I'm against the 7.0 change that resets the dailies/weeklies in case that wasn't clear)

There's no removed quests...? Maybe you need to turn exploration quests back on.

They have removed over 30 quests from the game. Heroics, breadcrumbs, bonus missions, planetary missions, area missions.

The ability to put such a suggestion into writing doesn't make it as feasible. If you can't be bothered to look at your mail at least 1 time in 30 days, that's on you.

The ability to type does not make you intelligent. It is quite easy to do. And the other way, of simply making all mails stick for ever, is also quite easy to make. Why? Because both systems already has in-game equivalents. 

Never going to happen. It's a waste of server resources. The logout timer wasn't added by accident.

No it was not. I was added when there was more than 2 million players trying to log in on only, what, 200 servers. It was a system meant to make space on servers with very limited capacity. Those days are unfortunately long gone, and there are now less than 100k subsribers on 5 servers, whom each has more than 5 times the capacity of the origin servers. 

The rest of your post is just opinions, not really worth comments, except this, that really puts your "opinions" into perspective, for what it is worth: 

Maybe you need to turn exploration quests back on.

If you dont know what you talk about, then dont try.

Edited by MortenJessen

On 4/14/2023 at 3:13 PM, MortenJessen said:

Just a few thoughts I have had over the last few days and weeks. I know others have mentioned some of them, but I will list my ideas anyway.

Agree with a lot but not all.

Don't remove but maybe increase the time before it kicks in.

2) Let us stack dyes.

YES. 100%. All of them - not just GS ones.

3) Increase all stacks to 9999.

Yes, please.

Maybe, but no longer than 5.

NO. With limited inventory/cargo bay/legacy cargo hold space, this is a non-starter. Better, prevent any mail with attachments from expiring until said attachments are collected.

6) Make veteran, or at least a harder mode, available for class story. As it is now, it is SO boringly easy.

Not sure how feasible this is since over the years the class was getting easier - not harder.

7) Slap a zone on all heroics where it can be done. Like "Face Merchants" on Coruscant.

Usually, there is an indicator on the map. Don't remember this specific heroic so can't say whether something is amiss.

😎 Remove the new timer on dailies.

Considering how quick they all are, wouldn't call the timer a big issue. Yes, it might be slightly annoying to pick them up again, but at least it can be done quickly and from anywhere via Solo screen.

Yes, please

10) Fix the Codex.

May require more details (potentially, a separate thread in Bug Reports to cover everything).

11) More cargo bays in both Legacy and normal cargo hold.

YES, YES, YES. 100% YES. At least 10 for each. VERY long over-due.

12) Give us two (2) cargo bays in our inventory.

Yes, please. Or a separate tab specifically for loadouts (ideally, a legacy-shared one).

13) Bring back more options to earn cartel certificates.

Yes, would be nice.

Yes, please. In its' current state - it's effectively false advertisement (regardless of the reasoning).

15) Bring back old schematics like the real purple crystals from the original Rakghoul event.

Yes. Also, please bring back the Artifice ability to learn schematics by deconstructing crystals.

YES. I'm SO tired of having to manage all the different currencies - it's not even funny. The current caps only work if you have a single character. As soon as you start running multiples - it's a PAIN.

17) Let us exchange ALL commendations for other commendations. I for one stopped pvp'ing like 2 or so years ago, and will NEVER EVER use those commendations, so let me exchange them into, say daily commendations 1 to 1 or into ops commendations 3 to 1. Or something along those lines.

Yes, please. Currently, most currencies can be converted into tech frags EXCEPT the Daily Resource Matrixes. At the very least, allow us to exchange them for tech frags as well. Also, would be better to have a single exchange vendor rather than spreading the possible exchanges across several NPCs.

18) Make the Macrobinocular and Seeker droid end heroics soloable.

YES. 100%. It's been long enough and requiring a group (especially, a full group) for these quests is no longer feasible.

19) Let me delete that Beep beeep censor beeb Combat Style mission from my quest log. Make it so that if I ever decide to screw up my char, I can pick up the mission from a quest giver.

Yes, please. Perhaps, give it to the trainers, so they have at least something to do rather than just pointlessly hanging around.

20) Make the quest log have room for, maybe, 50 quests.

Yes please. Also, perhaps let us choose which quest (or a group of quests) show up on top.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2023 at 10:05 PM, VegaMist said:

Not sure how feasible this is since over the years the class was getting easier - not harder.

If they can make 3 levels for all the Zakuul stories, surely they can make a 1.0 mode for "origin story". 

May require more details (potentially, a separate thread in Bug Reports to cover everything).

Details: Fix the codex. There are more than 100 bugged codex entries in the game. Some like the Phobis Devises still takes up "space" in the codex, preventing me from completing Kaas.

Also, please bring back the Artifice ability to learn schematics by deconstructing crystals.

Exept CM crystals. I cant see BW kill their sacred lamp.

Considering how quick they all are, wouldn't call the timer a big issue. Yes, it might be slightly annoying to pick them up again, but at least it can be done quickly and from anywhere via Solo screen.

While I do complete low-level planet dailies, and that is to a degree easy, tell me how many steps it takes to get all missions back on say Makeb?? You even need to visit fleet. Can be done of course, but I would rather not, and if I took up the missions that close to the server reset, I most likely knew what I did anyway.

On 4/18/2023 at 11:11 PM, MortenJessen said:

They have removed over 30 quests from the game. Heroics, breadcrumbs, bonus missions, planetary missions, area missions.

Most of the [AREA] missions are still there, but taken differently.  Near various parts of the edge of the area, there are Exploration Mission probe droids that give what used to be the [AREA] mission.  One exception is the "kill 10 rats" area mission on Oricon (OK, really, it's "kill 50 members of the Dread forces", but whatever), which is still triggered on an [AREA] basis.

I know at least 4 missions that has been removed. One on republic Balmorra bonus series (Lord Whatshisname?), the Darth Jaga quest on Alderaan and the 2 heroic/area 4 mission in the castle were you fight Ulgo (cant remember its name). As for area missions, I vaguely remember 1 missing on Hoth, to the utmost north of the graveyard. Either that, or the mission droid is seriously well hidden, as I spendt more than an hour looking for it.

There are more. Belsavis has lost a few, and had one relocated, Kaas has lost 2 (that weird alien from the event, chevin iirc quest among them). Coruscant has lost at least one quest. I read on reddit somewhere (can not find it at the moment, will look for it) that someone had done the math based on swtoristas complete quest list, and had a look at what had gone missing, and he/she counted about 30 quests in total missing.

Oh, and that quest on Belsavis where you could rescue 2 rep soldiers (part of imp bonus series) has also gone.

And quite a few missions from Alderaan bouns series has alos gone, like kill the "whatishisname" assassin near the house trade cirle (what ever).

Edit: And they remade the whole ship of Jadus (agent story) and removed the bonus (engineroom).

Edited by MortenJessen