The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Question I posed to ChatGPT: What would improve the play worthiness of Star Wars The Old Republic?

xordevoreaux

ChatGPT's answer:

There are several factors that could improve the play worthiness of Star Wars The Old Republic (SWTOR):

1. Expand the story content: SWTOR is known for its story-driven gameplay, and expanding the game's storyline would provide players with more engaging content to explore. This could include new planets, factions, and characters that offer unique and compelling storylines.

2. Improve the combat system: While the game's combat mechanics are decent, improving them would make combat more exciting and engaging. Adding more diverse abilities, improving AI, and increasing the number of abilities available could make combat feel more dynamic and satisfying.

3. Enhance the graphics and visual effects: Improving the graphics and visual effects would create a more immersive gaming experience. This could include upgrading textures, improving lighting, and adding more realistic physics and animations.

4. Provide more frequent updates: Regular updates and content releases keep the game fresh and exciting. By providing more frequent updates, the game can keep players engaged and offer new challenges to explore.

5. Increase player interaction: Adding more social features, such as guilds and player housing, could increase player interaction and make the game feel more like a living world. This could also include more group content, such as dungeons and raids, which require cooperation between players.

Overall, improving these aspects of the game would make SWTOR more enjoyable and increase its play worthiness for both new and returning players.

All contributors to these forums are hereby officially replaced lol.

sounds pretty thin while ignoring other factors involved in obtaining some of those things for instance a bigger budget and more manpower needed to pull off all the extra story, planets, content that you expect more often. Reminds me of one of those reddit fluff posts that doesn't really offer a viable solution with the resources available. Keep in mind they just overhauled the entire game with 64 bit which was a massive project. Also I completely disagree with chatgpt's suggestion of more abilities etc. This game suffers horribly from ability bloat as it is as that is exactly which led to many of the issues which resulted in 7.0 ability pruning. Now to cast a spell on EA and BW that magically triples their budget so we can get all the other stuff you mentioned. 

Investing in the small things that people do daily:

• Improving PvP.
  • Adding at least minor stuff to GSF (even if they don't add new ships, they could build in new skins or even models for existing ships. There are plenty of 'fighter' sized models in the client that could be repurposed).
  • Streamlining flashpoints (currently, I ONLY run Athiss, Cadmimu and Hammer Station because the other FPs literally take 2-3x as long for no additional payoff).

I don't necessarily need big, showy expansions if the game is given love where the rubber actually meets the road. 

Edited by AJediKnight

On 4/6/2023 at 8:41 PM, xordevoreaux said:
  1. Improve the combat system: While the game's combat mechanics are decent, improving them would make combat more exciting and engaging. Adding more diverse abilities, improving AI, and increasing the number of abilities available could make combat feel more dynamic and satisfying.

secret plan of AI program exposed.

Edited by remylion

On 4/7/2023 at 5:10 AM, Ansalem said:

Keep in mind they just overhauled the entire game with 64 bit which was a massive project.

((Diverting the thread towards actual seriousness for a moment.))

It occurs to me that the bigness of that project might help explain why we've been short of sizeable new content for a few years (combined with a certain unholy bat virus and so on).

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2023 at 9:42 PM, AJediKnight said:

Investing in the small things that people do daily:

• Improving PvP.
  • Adding at least minor stuff to GSF (even if they don't add new ships, they could build in new skins or even models for existing ships. There are plenty of 'fighter' sized models in the client that could be repurposed).
  • Streamlining flashpoints (currently, I ONLY run Athiss, Cadmimu and Hammer Station because the other FPs literally take 2-3x as long for no additional payoff).

I don't necessarily need big, showy expansions if the game is given love where the rubber actually meets the road. 

Yeah, for flashpoints, they know how long they take on average. They know some of them take twice as long as others, so double the rewards for those. It's an easy change to make. I don't know why they don't.

This list is so generic, it could be for nearly any game.

Now, what I think AI could be good at, is:

• Find open seams in the world and close them. I mean, if I can find 1 every couple weeks, I know AI can.
  • Take bug reports and attempt to replicate/repair them on an Alpha, or maybe an AI-only server.
  • Crunch the numbers for specs, using DPS, healing, and utility, to suggest tweaks to class/combat style/spec performance.
  • Create NPC teammates/opponents with variable difficulty, based on your past skill or stats, to populate queues if they take too long.
  • Add more diversity and dynamism to local populace NPCs, so we don't see the same NPCs, or hear the same dialogue every time we go by.
  • Expand current maps, using the current terrain as input, if additional planetary content is desired for older planets.
  • Upscale graphics or shadows, to display more realistically, on the fly. All this time, and we still have enlarged pixel shadows?
Edited by WHTJunior
  • Like 2