Question: "Notes of reflection" drop rate pretty low?

Sundown

Just out of curiosity: as compared to the previous seasons the drop rate (be it random loot or mission rewards) seems be much lower in Season 4 as compared to the previous ones, or is it just me? (I understand that one can get a 60 minute booster for the random drops, but frankly speaking: seeing the cost for it I'd rather not - if it were permanent I'd consider it).

I find it hard to get above 100 notes with my normal gameplay a week, where in Season 3 it was never a challenge.

2 hours ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

I see there are some posters here who say they get them as drops at a comparable rate, but I haven't had that experience personally. Seems less to me too, but, the RNG Gods can be fickle at times. =p

It's much lower than the GAME tokens. Much lower. Those dropped every other combat. The current ones drop maybe 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 combats. So you're right. Is it inadequate to max rep? Doubtful. But who cares? What good is the rep? It's literally a grind for 0 reward.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Reviving thread. I'm trying to get the Messengers of the Cold Moon rep to the max before the season's up. I've completed all of the weekly goals I could but the Note drop rate is really low. Just finished a run of The Battle for Ilum and only 2 Notes dropped after the Darth Serevin fight. Anybody have any pointers on what content I can do to get potentially higher drop rates?

4 hours ago, ObsidianBones said:

Reviving thread. I'm trying to get the Messengers of the Cold Moon rep to the max before the season's up. I've completed all of the weekly goals I could but the Note drop rate is really low. Just finished a run of The Battle for Ilum and only 2 Notes dropped after the Darth Serevin fight. Anybody have any pointers on what content I can do to get potentially higher drop rates?

As late as it is in the season, you may have another problem. There is a limit to the number of reputation points you can gain per week (I think it's 5000). If you aren't already close, all those Notes of Reflection won't do you any good. You will still be able to progress the reputation after the season but it will not count toward the achievement.

6 hours ago, ObsidianBones said:

RNG gods are weird, I've already got the max rep, I have the max number of notes and I still keep getting notes a lot, so much so that they've become annoying. I'm not doing any special content btw, just advancing through class story with a knight.

Also, iirc, there is a Jawa in the Cartel Bazaar at the fleet that increases the drop rate of notes for some jawa junk, I think I never used it. Might want to check that out.

2 hours ago, ObsidianBones said:

Even though it won't count for the season, I'd still like to get enough Notes to get to the Legend rank as I'm so close. I'll try the Jawa at the fleet as I've got some Jawa Junk I can trade in.

Killing mobs out in the world is a lot faster than flashpoints, but the key thing is you need Amity out as your companion. A level 80 dps with Amity can get about 15-20 Notes every 30 minutes if you fight in an area with lots of groups of 3-4 weak/standard mobs. The strength of the mobs doesn't matter just how many you can kill per hour. Flashpoints only give 2, 3, or 4 depending on difficulty plus 1 or 2 if you are lucky in 30 minutes average. So killing mobs is quite a bit faster. This is not even using the Jawa drop rate boost. That would push killing mobs even further ahead.

While the season is active, you also get 2 Notes when you reach 25K conquest points for the day (so up to 14 for 7 days). The group GS objectives also generally yield better than the solo objectives on completion. I haven't noticed a difference with or without Amity but having Amity as your active comp is supposed to increase the drop rate. Unlike the underworld rep items, there doesn't seem to be an particular place that is better than any other.

Best advice I can give is to use the reputation boosters you get as login rewards (dunno if only when subbed though). They double your rep gains for 15 (I guess) items. So I always exchanged 100 notes for 5 purple rep items and turning in 5 of those will make you reach your max rep for a week provided you have an effective boost. If you also have a max guild bonus on rep it will net you 5750 rep a week and save a lot on notes to collect.

Be aware that the booster also has an expiration timer, so best use it on a single char for that single purpose.

Edited by Sundown