TEST SERVER: Shae Vizla server feedback thread

JackieKo

Copied 3 characters from main server for doing different things. My main GSF/Space Mission toon is where I started today. Space mission Cartel Listening Post felt a little sluggish and the torpedoes didn’t fire as soon as I launched. Saleucami Fleet Action felt much better but could not exit the area.  Upon completion I got stuck with no ship and the game locked up and would not do anything. Had to Control alt delete to shut game down and reload for toon to exit area back to ship.

Been playing SWTOR since about 1 hr. after launch. I will try to get into as much of the game as I can while the server is up.

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? About the same for gameplay
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? So far, no.
  • What region/country do you reside in? US East Coast
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla.  server lag is over 250ms slower
  • Is grouped content working properly? Yes
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? Got into GSF faster than FP or WZ.
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? Seems fine
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?No
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? No

On 4/3/2023 at 12:38 PM, JackieKo said:

Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?  I made a new character, a Seer Sage. When placing abilities on the standard 2 tier expanded ability bar, it would not let me place an ability in the bottom left slot until all the other slots on both bars were filled. I get the weird acutely specific problems it seems.

Other than that, I have not been able to get a WZ to pop. tried several times and waited anywhere from 15 mins. to almost an hour.

My friend and I completed the tasks, though we did a flashpoint by walking in rather than through Group Finder - does it have to be through GF to qualify for the mount? 

We also went and did a couple of daily quests on Dromond Kaas and the Maanan Invasion Zone just to see the differences between high and low areas.

Overall it was a very positive experience.

Compared to an existing server, how is the performance?
Overall, for us, the performance on SV was better than Star Forge - we had no lag issues at all, though this could also have been due to low population.

Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened?
None that we experienced.

What region/country do you reside in?
We are in North America, PNW to be specific and usually play on Star Forge

Is grouped content working properly?
As per our experienced, yes.

How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted?
Given the low population, we had to wait less than 5 min for both GSF and a PVP Warzone on the first day.  We did not do GF for our flashpoint.

Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered?
Travel appeared to be normal, if not a bit faster.

Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?
All UI elements were there for us - initially we had to "claim" Legacy to get some of those icons back but once we put in a name everything worked fine.  Inventory and all cargo bays were fine (couldn't check guild).  We didn't have trouble with the few vendors we encountered and companions worked fine as to summoning/unsummoning.  

Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics?
None that we encountered.

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance?
    • Pretty much the same. I noticed no performance issues.

• Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened?
    • Not on the planets I visited (Tython, the Fleet)

• What region/country do you reside in?
    • US (Pacific NW)

• Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla.
    • Ping to Shae Vizla was about 160ms
    • For comparison, ping to Satele Shan is 77ms

• Is grouped content working properly?
    • No issues

• How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted?
    • A normal amount of time.

• Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered?
    • I did not notice any travel issues.

• Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?
    • At first some of the Legacy stuff was missing (perks, random mount/pet, etc.) but that seemed to sort itself out after a couple of days.

• Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics?
    • Not that I noticed.
Edited by AlacrityFitzhugh
Add Satele Shan ping

Better than the current servers

Ventured around Tython and in a vet fp and had no issues

Australia

SS - 220-250 ms

SV - 18-22 ms (so much better)

no issues grouping for fp

Very quickly, under a minute

No issues traveling to sh, planets, or fleet

• Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?

No issues with the UI

Found no problems with visuals, sound, or cinematics

• Slower.  US Satele Shan avg 82 ms / Shae Vizla avg 159-205 ms
    • flashpoint on Manaan and Ruhnuk (only tested so far)
    • Socal/USA
    • US Satele Shan avg 82 ms / Shae Vizla avg 159-205 ms
    • Haven't tested
    • So problem getting into a Flashpoint, betting out different matter
    • Unable to leave the Manaan Flashpoint
    • No Exit Dialog Box on interface

Please report anything that differs from your experience in the live servers as well! 

I live in Australia and was consistently getting about 20ms (absolutely brilliant!). I have created a Jedi character from scratch and everything went smoothly, I played all the way through Tython and then on to Station and completed The Esseles. The only bug I noticed was no sound in the scene where the shuttle was leaving Tython. Either I am seeing things but the colours seems a bit richer and the scenery definition and character definition is excellent. Please set up an APAC server, the greater that 220ms pings to the other servers are tedious! I will beg if it helps!

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? - About the same
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? - No
  • What region/country do you reside in? - Eastern United States. Northeast Ohio
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. - I don't have a pinger active.
  • Is grouped content working properly? - Not for PVP., WZ first arena duel was 3 vs 4 people. Lost that one. It boosted you to 80, but the difference in # of players does make a difference - we won when we had 4 people 2nd round. Also, grouping 20th circle with 80th circle doesn't really seem fair - although you are "bolstered", you don't have the # of abilities an 80th circle would have.
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? - Same as Star Forge. I noticed some latecomers tho. Also, nobody was queing yesterday when I was playing, today I got one.
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? - Ya, Requiring money for quicktravel on Hutta is way too expensive so travel was too time-consuming.
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? - Not that I saw.
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? - I didn't notice anything.
  • OTHER: Got a level 32 prize for playing with a 20th level character (for the Pvp match. ) If this was a regular server I'd just vault it until I hit the right circle. In my home circles I don't usually participate in PVP until end-game, so if this is something that occurs normally, I don't know.
Edited by Shayddow

One question. Did the pvp, did GSF (I stink at it because I don't regularly play GSF), and a flashpoint (blood talon), as well as taking a character from 0-20 (BH).

Question for Jackie: I did FP as an individual. For the prize do we have to do it as a group, or does it "count" for the prize to do it in single-player mode?

So now that I had some time with the test server I gotta answer the questions myself. But before that one question from my side regarding the mount reward.

Do we need to complete GSF, PVP and Flashpoint on only one character or does it still count if we use 2 differenct characters on the server? Like for example I use one for GSF while I use another one for the flashpoint and one pvp match. Will this still count towards the rewards or do the requirements count per character only?

Back to the questions regarding perfomance now:

• Compared to my usual server which is the german "Tulak Hord" server the general performance is about the same except delays in input especially GSF which feels like it has an delay of 1-2 second(s). The delay in PVP felt less noticable but is still there. Just running around the fleet is pretty much okay but interacting definitely has a delay always attached to it.
    • As already mentioned for me personally it was only in GSF. The fleet, Tython and "The Black Talon" seemed alright with slight delays in inputs like abilities or in conversations.
    • Like the server Tulak Hord I reside in Germany which has quite a distance to the APAC region.
    • So for comparision my usual ping is, with my current WIFI setup, which is bottlenecked through my WIFI card in my PC (70mbps download) around a stable 45 and sometimes around 35ish and 50ish while on Shae Vizla my ping is around 280ish to 500ish ms.
    • Other than delays in interactions from my side and well the hard GSF delay, yes. Group content works perfectly fine.
    • It doesnt differ that much from the usual loading times after accepting and teleporting to the flashpoint or GSF. Maybe a minute at max on an HDD but well ofter lower than that.
    • Nope work perfectly fine.
    • I personally did not find any issues regarding assest, etc.
    • Also here no issues found for me personally.

That's all I had to say. Good day y'all and have fun playing SWTOR^^

Best regards

-Jeremy.

Been on line for almost 2 hours queued for arena and warzone and still waiting to get in. This also happened last night but thought it was late and maybe a lot of people logged for bed. But Saturday morning, lots of people on and we are all just standing on fleet waiting, and waiting.

Compared to an existing server, how is the performance?

Generally about the same, but SV is slower for collecting in mail items, as well as for collecting loot and loading into NPC conversations - pretty sure this is down to server lag, since it's more noticeable when the ping is higher.

Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened?

All areas visited so far have been fine.

What region/country do you reside in?

Europe (UK)

Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla.

SV sits at between 300 - 500ms ping for me, usually in the high 300's. DM is consistently under 50ms, SS & SF sit between 80-100ms.

Is grouped content working properly?

Warzones & GSF running fine, about same speed as on DM, haven't managed to get a group flashpoint to run yet despite sitting in the queue, solo flashpoint ran fine.

How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted?

Felt about the same amount of time as normal from clicking queue pop up to entering warzone/GSF.

Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered?

Loading screens a little slow from time to time - no specific world/location, again think this is down to a higher server ping.

Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality?

I bought the fleet travel cooldown upgrade through the Legacy, and was then unable to purchase anything else despite meeting the criteria.
The starfighter tooltip on the utility bar consistently said I wasn't queued for GSF despite being in the queue.
Have been kicked from the server 3 times - all of them then popped up with a message saying the server was down for maintenance. Twice was as I was trying to exit a ship/stronghold, the last was as I was making a character, which led to a weird glitch on logging back in where I had the 'choose your allegiance' screen overlaying the main screen as I loaded into Hutta.

Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics?

A little slow to load, but once in they're smooth.

• Compared to an existing server, how is the performance? - Slow - I felt like I was on a dial-up connection during Flashpoints.
  • Any specific areas or planets where you feel the performance has lessened? - No, mainly in Flashpoints
  • What region/country do you reside in? - UK
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. - How do I do this?
  • Is grouped content working properly? - Grouping is not even (numbers on each side) in PvP
  • How quickly can you get into a match or Flashpoint you’ve accepted? - I am usually on Darth Malgus. There looked to be only 14 people on the test server, but we had to queue for about 10 minutes to get into a PvP match. Flashpoint was a little quicker than that but still slow compared to normal.
  • Is travel to any location (planet, Stronghold, Fleet, etc…) hindered? - Didn't notice this being an issue
  • Are there any issues with the UI such as missing assets or loss of functionality? - Not that I saw.
  • Are there any issues with visuals or sounds with the cinematics? - I didn't notice anything with visuals or sounds, but pressing spacebar to skip through a conversation didn't work.

I have replied before when I was running thru a BG, FP and GSF on a level 80.  I also started a brand new sage and played her until she got off Tython and onto Fleet.  Everything was smooth; no complaints, with both characters.

I live in the eastern US and my ping usually runs around 20-30.  In huge groups, it may drop to 50-60.  While testing APAC, it stayed pretty steady at 250-350, tiny bit laggy, but not a real issue.  In an ops, it might become an issue, tho, when quick reactions are needed.

I've tried to test all I could and have 1 observation that might be of value.  I don't know if it was the actual server causing this or not.  I decided to delete one toon.  The actual deletion process took well over a minute to do when it is usually instantaneous.  Also, after that, I tried to log in to my remaining toon, and never managed to.  The little icon that spins while something's loading just kept spinning, but nothing happened.  I was also unable to use Ctrl+Alt+Delete to close SWTOR down.  I had to log off my computer to do it.

I hope these observations are of service.

6 hours ago, CaiaKillian said:
  • Provide a comparison of ping from existing servers to Shae Vizla. - How do I do this?

There are 2 options I know of:
Go to the interface editor and click the map and change it in the editor to detailed or whatever it is called. Or you could click one of the 2 bars located in the top left or lower right and add an entry for connection/network (dunno what its called either). After you done one of those you can save it and exit the editor and there now should be network symbol either by the map or in one of the menu bar located in the top left or lower right and everytime you hover your mouse over it you can see your ping.

•  The performance seemed the same as what I was getting in Star Forge,  including freezing every other step at one point. 
  • None of the planets seem to have less performance than the others. 
  • Florida United States
  •  For me, the Ping was the same
  •  Yes, I was able to join a group with no issues and run through content as well as pvp with no issues.
  • When the match started or flash point it was very quick there was not too much of a delay if at all. 
  •  No, I went to different planets and my stronghold and everything was smooth. 
  • The only issue is I got stuck on Koraban and was not able to get myself unstuck, it also said I was moving so I could not just instant travel. I finally got unstuck by clicking on my avi and stopping him from running. Even the /stuck command was not working. 
  •  Non at all everything sounded and looked amazing I also had my graphics turned all the way up. 

I tried a new Character there and one I copied from my server. I leveled the new one to test that and did a flashpoint on him and pvped, as well as tried the gsf. everything was good except when I got stuck. I did report that bug as well. 

Update to my earlier post - am resident in Auckland, New Zealand, and finding that ping averages around 34ms. Had the odd time where it got up to 37-38ms, but that was rare.  I have characters on SF, SS and DM, with an average of 295ms, 403ms and 283ms respectively, so 34ms is just amazing. No stuttering, no jerking - very, very smooth.

Can't believe how responsive and smooth game play is.  Picking up loot is so quick now, that I often miss seeing what is in the window before it closes and loot appears in my inventory!  Also, graphics definition seems to be sharper/clearer, colours are brighter/deeper and the worlds just seem to somehow look better.

• I do not see any difference in player experience.
  • None that I notice.
  • Singapore
  • Satele Shan around 250ms to 300ms. Shae Vizla around 100ms.
  • Yes.
  • <10s
  • No.
  • No. Able to use my old UI.
  • No.