Crew mission limits....

akdonkey

Increase the limit of companions I can send on Crew missions and stop limiting crew missions. Nothing sucks more than being at the 670 range and only getting 2 missions I can send companions on.  At level 80 I should have no limit on how many companions I send on missions.

• Like 1

seconded.  I currently have 11 companions leveled to 50 on my main and can only use 8 for crew missions, if not unlimited I would at least love to see the limit for level 80 characters increase, especially with how much longer grade 11 missions take... even just getting to use 10-12 would be awesome.

Think for a moment about the impact on:

• The availability of materials gathered by those missions.
  • The availability of credits from other stuff gathered by those missions (TH missions with junk gear fit only for vendors, Slicing lockboxes, etc.).
  • Conquest objectives for completing missions and for crafting items (the limit is not eight companions on missions, but eight companions working on crew skills, including crafting).

And this part:

11 hours ago, akdonkey said:

Nothing sucks more than being at the 670 range and only getting 2 missions I can send companions on.

is slightly off.  Every time I've been at around 670, I've had more than enough missions to keep my crew busy, except maybe for Diplomacy.  (If you mean "only two missions that increase the skill level, I think even that isn't true.  Green ones increase skill level, although only by +1.)

• Like 2

The bigger issue is the lack of 700+ crafting.

Why are we still using 6.X materials and schematics in 7.X?

Because like most 'expansions' in SWTOR, we didn't get an actual expansion, instead we got a dribble of 'new' content tied to a level cap increase / gear reset with one purpose - keep players running in circles.

Edited by DawnAskham
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2023 at 7:26 PM, akdonkey said:

Increase the limit of companions I can send on Crew missions and stop limiting crew missions. Nothing sucks more than being at the 670 range and only getting 2 missions I can send companions on.  At level 80 I should have no limit on how many companions I send on missions.

why dont you just freaking PAY MONEY TO SUBSCRIBE and get to level 80 as fast as you can, then you can send out EIGHT companions out at a time?   waaa waaaa you dont wanna pay a measly 15 dollars a month for TONS AND TONS AND TONS of GOOD BENEFITS ?????

/sigh

3 hours ago, lightningseven said:

why dont you just freaking PAY MONEY TO SUBSCRIBE and get to level 80 as fast as you can, then you can send out EIGHT companions out at a time?   waaa waaaa you dont wanna pay a measly 15 dollars a month for TONS AND TONS AND TONS of GOOD BENEFITS ?????

/sigh

Considering he is posting on a forum where only subscribers are allowed to post.... I'll just leave it at that.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, lightningseven said:

/sigh

The eight-companion thing comes in at level 66, to say nothing of @VegaMist's point about forum posting being one of those benefits.

19 hours ago, lightningseven said:

/sigh

I am a sub, I have been since launch. I have 68 alts. 14 of that are Crafter 700 700 700 all other alts may or may not be 3 gathers nearly 700 or there. I don't log in to each daily but when I do I send every available companion on either gathering or crafting missions. I believe 60 are now 80 and the rest are 75. My spreadsheet needs some updating. No body here crying just trying to maximize my efforts.

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2023 at 7:26 PM, akdonkey said:

I think I'm close to 100 companions, possibly more. Most can go on crew skills missions, and quite a few of them are at level 50. But, as of this post, I can only send out 8 at a time. For any task.

But, what if I need to send out those 8 on missions so I can craft items for my guild?

I can't.

Instead, I have to send four of them on crew skills missions, and craft with only four of them.

This takes about double the amount of time because crafting skills and crew skills are linked.

Even if they chose not to increase the amount of companions allowed to perform crew skills, they should at least make crafting a different function.

Like for instance, make it to where we're able to send companions out to gather resources, plus have the ability to use other companions ( not the ones gathering resources ) for crafting items. That would be more efficient.

• Thanks 1

And people complain about inflation and 3rd party sites now. If BW let us send out as many companions as we wanted inflation would be a thousand times worse due to all of the bots spamming missions.

8 Companions is plenty for missions/crafting. They are meant to be Time Sinks, (and credit sinks in the case of missions). 

Edited by Toraak
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2023 at 8:54 AM, Toraak said:

And people complain about inflation and 3rd party sites now. If BW let us send out as many companions as we wanted inflation would be a thousand times worse due to all of the bots spamming missions.

8 Companions is plenty for missions/crafting. They are meant to be Time Sinks, (and credit sinks in the case of missions). 

companions are not "bots".  they are simply timers.  they are definitely time and credit sinks but they are not "bots".

Unlimited missions with unlimited companions - no thanks.

Increasing the number of available missions at various levels, increasing mission materials returns, or reducing the number of materials required for all the idiotic 'assemblies / crystals / cell grafts' (or just deleting them and going back to crafting items directly without all the extra crap) - sure.

But as I've said in several other threads about potential changes to crew skills - the FIRST thing they need to do is update crew skills to 7.0 instead of being stuck with the exact same crap we've had since 6.0.

Edited by DawnAskham

On 4/9/2023 at 8:54 AM, Toraak said:

A credit sink it would be if I could send every companion on crew missions. The take out more credits in the end gathering resources. I typically only craft for the Conquest items crafting sucks basically.

On 4/27/2023 at 9:57 PM, lightningseven said:

companions are not "bots".  they are simply timers.  they are definitely time and credit sinks but they are not "bots".

@Toraak almost certainly meant the player account being a bot, not the companions.  (Strictly speaking, the account doesn't have to be a bot in the sense of an automated process, but might just be an actual human who logs in, spams missions, and then logs out.)

• 2 weeks later...

was this not all a big problem with the knights of the fallen empire and knights of the eternal throne expension that the crew missions limit have become a big problem.

and now with the Galactic seasons's events that bring also new compantions each time to use has it become more worse with the same limit when the compantions only grow more and more each time.

• 1 month later...

Hey SWTOR Team and fellow Imperials and Republic scum,

I would like to suggest updating the gathering crew skills from the current single mission system to a open system based on effort (credits).

My hope is to removes credit from players stash in a friendly and respectable manner.

The idea would be to have just 11 missions for each crew member, Grades 1 to 11 etc... (for gathering).

The credits spent would increase exponentially, based on the amount we pay our crew and the time we choose to send them.

For example, I would like to send Pierce out on a Grade 11 Treasure Hunting mission for 1 hour, it may cost 30, 000 credits.

If he is sent out for 2 hours it may cost 90, 000 credits.

I would like some additional side options as well, for example an option to add crafted tools to their gathering missions (eg: GSI).

Maybe some crafted weapons or gear to add for that gathering mission. Gear possibly provides some added critical bonus specific to the mission type.

Although there may only be 11 missions, they could be rotated from the current set, for eg sending HK on an assassination mission with some weapons attached or some stimulants. Or some Light Saber crystals for an Underworld exchange. Maybe some starship upgrades for a weapons deal type mission?

Or the longer they are gone, a random side mission pops up via holo, for me to complete, or maybe some random existing heroic gets reactivated, so that they get critical results for a set period period of time when we finish the Heroic.

What does the community feel about overhauling this set of gathering skills at least?