How are you feeling about Season 2?

Headstylez

Wasn’t thrilled about PvP revamp announcement but I got excited the first week of Season 1 because it was something new.  Having finished Season 1, I don’t really feel much satisfaction from it.  Similar feeling to playing a game at Dave and Busters repeatedly in order to get enough tickets to redeem for some candy and novelty items so I don’t go home empty handed.

I’ll still play because I like PVP itself in this game, but I don’t think I’ll spend as much time next season.

Eh... ambivalent. Some of the things I dislike about the PvP season (old ranked rewards on the vendor, unattractive 'new' rewards, obscene prices for trophy art previously attached to achievements) are all--to my knowledge--still going to be present.

On the other hand, I'm going to participate because I like PvP anyway, and I'm curious about how the upcoming changes to matchmaking and lockout timers are going to affect play. But that's more of an interest in PvP itself than the hamster wheel season. The season itself is really just background noise.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Headstylez said:

Similar feeling to playing a game at Dave and Busters repeatedly in order to get enough tickets to redeem for some candy and novelty items so I don’t go home empty handed.

haha THIS ... yeah rewards are trash for Season 1. Let's see how good the employee in charge of rewards coding does. Tech Frags would be dope...

I’m a filthy casual who only got more into pvp for the rewards and I only got a small sense of accomplishment for at least unlocking the armor from it as a completionist. However I am still bummed at how much more I need to do to get 100% cheevos for it (which I won’t make in time at this rate)

I’m kinda dreading the grind for s2 all over again

8 hours ago, Headstylez said:

Similar feeling to playing a game at Dave and Busters repeatedly in order to get enough tickets to redeem for some candy and novelty items so I don’t go home empty handed.

You know, this is spot on. 

• Like 1

If I wasn't a pvp'er I wouldn't participate. The rewards are weak but then again even when ranked rewards were announced they never moved me bar the cool rancor mount from season 1. But getting a "replica" has no interest for me. Only thing cool besides that was the gold flairs ect. Anyways I finished season 1 just doing my normal routine. Went to the vendor once and saw nothing but crap so sitting on all my commendations not spending them. Also the arena requirement is far too over tuned. Needs to be cut in half for the weekly. Did one arena weekly and stopped cuz it takes too long and arenas are the worst form of pvp this game has regardless. Sadly you see ppl in chat asking for ppl to queue arenas cuz it's a terrible broken game mode that highlights the class imbalances in the game. 

Edited by Samcuu
  • Like 1

The others have already mentioned things I can resonate with. Yet, my biggest regret is the matchmaking system; technically, under level 80 it is tragedy, whoever has designed the system was truly incompetent or it was simply not a priority to be good OK. Yet, it has serious flaws when it comes to level 80 as well (4v2 games when the team with 4 has 336+ IR while the team of 2 has 328~, and so on).

I am kinda new to swtor, and for me PvP system here is very much different from what I am used to. Yet, I am looking forward for the next season, but in the same time I am hoping for improvements based on the suggestions of more veteran swtor players.

• Like 1

Dreading the grind. I hate the 25 weekly chivos that you need to truly 100% the season.

Remove those, and honestly? I'd be pretty happy with PVP Seasons.

For PVP itself? We definitely need more aggressive match making. Stop putting premades against randos, and try to stick to even matches in arenas. I know it isn't always possible, but it needs to be trying much harder to accomplish this.

couldn't care less, no matter the rewards, between balance problems and the premade vs pugs thing, pvp it's way less fun that it coulb be.

no amount of rewards will make me stick with this, if it's no fun who care about the reward?

PVP in SWTOR is an absolute isht, the rewards from PVP season is....who needs cartel combat pants? I mean seriously...Make it drop cartel coins in useable quantities or tech fragments or conquest points. But even if the rewards drop golden bricks, the PVP balance or just functionality is so bad that no amount of rewards makes me enjoy PVP in any shape of form. If PVP didn't offer the 2000 tech fragment quests I wouldn't be playing it at all.

• Like 1

I think the season could have been cool if the price at the vendor wasn't so obscene. I'm a decorator and if I wanted to get all the different paintings it would take me around 200 tokens, you get 20 tokens in one season if you complete everything... Who the hell thought this was a good idea? That doesn't makes me want to pvp at all, that just disgust me when I imagine the amount of grinding I'll have to do over 10 or so seasons... feel like Sysyphus with his rock. But yeah the outfits while not that horrid are not interesting enough to gives the desire to pvp, and the UI is pretty crappy considering we can't see when the damn season ends... and the thought of having to do arena ahah nope

• Like 2

Well on PTS there is still the 25 weekly cheevos for next season so I'm seriously praying that they at least cut the number by half because I really can't understand how people who have a job are expected to have the time to do both the cheevos for Galactic Season and PVP Season....

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, LittleEwina said:

Well on PTS there is still the 25 weekly cheevos for next season so I'm seriously praying that they at least cut the number by half because I really can't understand how people who have a job are expected to have the time to do both the cheevos for Galactic Season and PVP Season....

are you talking about WZs or arenas? 25 is high for arenas. WZs pop frequently though. keep in mind 25 "matches" is really envisioned as 8 wins per weekly (plus one more match played). for a weekly, that's very reasonable. what's unreasonable is doing three "weeklies" in one week. well...having to do them in order to get your tokens. if something is a "weekly," it stands to reason that it is what one should reasonably accomplish in one week. it's cool to give tryhards those extra two weeklies, but iunno. I think those two should be a bonus rather than necessary if one wants to complete the season.

arenas weekly definitely needs to be reduced. theoretically, arena matches are much faster than WZs and should actually require more matches for the daily/weekly quests, but in practice, it's a much slower queue. also, if you queue both at the same time, I think you're liable to miss out when an arena does pop, so dual queuing, while allowed, doesn't actually help in my experience. thus I sit around in my SH or fleet vegging out while waiting for arenas to pop if I actually want to finish the quest(s).

edit More Feedback:

People complaining that the achievements are too difficult and they don't have time for all the grind for season rewards, please keep in mind that the rated game mode doesn't exist. there is only pvp, and while all rewards are technically "grindable," the ONE PVP BRACKET has to apply to all skill levels and types of players (those who "live" in pvp and those who are only there for GS or a pretty seasonal reward). YOU may not have the time or ability to rush through the cheevos and quests every day/week, but others do. you cannot expect every single reward to be designed for YOUR play style. in other words, you are not entitled to every seasonal reward simply because those rewards exist. you do have to earn them, even if earning them is just a matter of grind rather than "skill" (e.g., rated). not trying to be a jerk. I agree that some of the stuff is too grindy. but I also see a lot of entitlement here from ppl who don't pvp and are only here expecting their candy just cuz.

Edited by krackcommando
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, krackcommando said:

People complaining that the achievements are too difficult and they don't have time for all the grind for season rewards, please keep in mind that the rated game mode doesn't exist. there is only pvp, and while all rewards are technically "grindable," the ONE PVP BRACKET has to apply to all skill levels and types of players (those who "live" in pvp and those who are only there for GS or a pretty seasonal reward). YOU may not have the time or ability to rush through the cheevos and quests every day/week, but others do. you cannot expect every single reward to be designed for YOUR play style. in other words, you are not entitled to every seasonal reward simply because those rewards exist. you do have to earn them, even if earning them is just a matter of grind rather than "skill" (e.g., rated). not trying to be a jerk. I agree that some of the stuff is too grindy. but I also see a lot of entitlement here from ppl who don't pvp and are only here expecting their candy just cuz.

As a casual PVPer, I agree with this. I realized early on that I wasn't going to be able to complete the achievements with the amount of PVP I was willing and able to play, and I was pretty sure I wasn't even going to make it to L25 (spoilers: I didn't). I did push at the end to get to level 19 for the PVP Battler deco, which I think is very cool. But I have no problem with the devs aiming some of the achievements and rewards at the people who "live" in PVP. 

• Like 2

BW in their infinite wisdom realized that the medals # was insane and instead of just saying ok we will drop it from 2000 to 1000, and drop the weeklies form 25 to ? and the arena weeklies from 24 matches to 12. Like the majority of posts INCLUDING THEIR OWN, states are the main problems, Instead they recoded the points towards medals,the areas which you get certain points, which required SO MUCH MORE WORK AND TESTING, than cutting the numbers. On top of which they still did NOTHING about premades (its PvP Bioware not GvP) still didn't fix Guild challenges, which is where premades should be.  The rotation of maps is almost non existent, past month I have seen Odessan once and I do 6 weeklies a week. I will say it forever BW has created a system where it is easier to get END GAME GEAR than it is to get COSMETIC gear. A 25 week grind to ALMOST get something that is 5,6,7,8,9,10 years old. Not new stuff not even re-engneered, or anything, the same gear, so why so hard I have zero idea.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, krackcommando said:

Not being a jerk either however, When people complained BW gave away END GAME RAIDING gear, to anyone who could finish a SM op hell you earned Nim gear. You never have to do a Nim Op even a HM Op to get Nim gear. Yet sorry not sorry PLAY MORE when it comes PvP COSMETIC GEAR?? THATS 5-10 YEARS OLD! Hey BW opened the door GIVING away end game gear you know the stuff that HELPS YOU! Does that seem fair or ever right?

9 minutes ago, Lost-Savage-XIII said:

Not being a jerk either however, When people complained BW gave away END GAME RAIDING gear, to anyone who could finish a SM op hell you earned Nim gear. You never have to do a Nim Op even a HM Op to get Nim gear. Yet sorry not sorry PLAY MORE when it comes PvP COSMETIC GEAR?? THATS 5-10 YEARS OLD! Hey BW opened the door GIVING away end game gear you know the stuff that HELPS YOU! Does that seem fair or ever right?

congrats on completely missing the point. there are many things to do in this game. there's more to do here than one person can reasonably do unless they do it as a full/part-time job. pick things to focus on. stop expecting that just because a reward exists that you are entitled to it. or don't. w/e. it's your life. I for one don't bother doing crap like gsf. and I don't care what rewards or gear I can mine from it.

Edited by krackcommando
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, krackcommando said:

congrats on completely missing the point. there are many things to do in this game. there's more to do here than one person can reasonably do unless they do it as a full/part-time job. pick things to focus on. stop expecting that just because a reward exists that you are entitled to it. or don't. w/e. it's your life. I for one don't bother doing crap like gsf. and I don't care what rewards or gear I can mine from it.

You said I missed the point, I don't give a rat's ass about any reward that PvP has, mainly because I have most of them already. only reason I am doing ANY more PvP is because I am stupid and deleted the toon with the furious lightsaber on it.  What I am saying is simply, that BW makes it harder to get COSMETIC GEAR than they do END GAME RAIDING GEAR!

They have no idea how to balance (I guess math is hard for them) and look at their solution to what everyone is complaining about "premades" oh wait they DO NOT have one, I like PvP, I enjoy SOLO PvP, I win a lot more than I lose, in 110 Warzones this season, I got 15xx medals, that's an average of 14 (approx.). High Medalist the red crystal on your bar is for 8 medals, is 8 is the High Medalist that means it is slightly higher than average, so your number should be 8 x however many matches you want played. But No they are changing the scoring system for medals. Not simply lowering, keeping them the same INSPITE of all the criticism that both of us have already pointed out. AND that change MAY ONLY bring a 15% increase IN MEDALS IF YOU ONLY PLAY OBJECTIVES THE WAY THEY WANT THEM DONE. As far as many things to do SWTOR has or had or will have THREE (3) rewards tracks going at the same time, Conquest, GS, and PvP. With all those going at the same time, why make one of them require SO MUCH TIME, that they CANNOT ALL be completed by the people who are PAYING FOR THE GAME!!! Don't forget prog groups, guild events.  So why should someone who pays for the game has been for years, someone who has even gone to the cantinas (ok yes I'm a dork) But what is the point of paying for a game if the game is telling you you have to play MORE now because we changed the rules. PvP seasons are fine on their own. Plus 1000 xp cap for a week! Sad

1 hour ago, Lost-Savage-XIII said:

You said I missed the point, I don't give a rat's ass about any reward that PvP has, mainly because I have most of them already. only reason I am doing ANY more PvP is because I am stupid and deleted the toon with the furious lightsaber on it.  What I am saying is simply, that BW makes it harder to get COSMETIC GEAR than they do END GAME RAIDING GEAR!

first. my bad. I didn't get that.

second, of course they do. cosmetics make this stupid game go round.

fwiw, I lost all my furious stuff too. but honestly, I don't care at this point. it did look cool, but once they started giving out replicas to ppl who only had to throw themselves on their proverbial swords to "grind" them, they lost all status and uniqueness.

5 hours ago, krackcommando said:

first. my bad. I didn't get that.

second, of course they do. cosmetics make this stupid game go round.

fwiw, I lost all my furious stuff too. but honestly, I don't care at this point. it did look cool, but once they started giving out replicas to ppl who only had to throw themselves on their proverbial swords to "grind" them, they lost all status and uniqueness.

It's cool I'm the old guy screaming get off my lawn it seems. I just can't seem to grasp the concept, I will stop rant there. LEGACY OPS MOUNTS!! ok Im done

• Like 1