did the latest up date fixed the no sever

Achnaattwo

I had the same issue, but I was able to fix it by turning compatibility mode off for both executables as suggested by a few other posts in the Testing 64 bit thread. Go to the SWTOR directory (for me that was Windows (C:)/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic), right click on launcher.exe, select Properties, go to the Compatibility tab, and make sure the compatibility mode box is unchecked. Do the same check for the PTS launcher, which is at Star Wars - The Old Republic/publictest/retailclient/swtor.exe. Once my two launchers had the same compatibility settings, the PTS showed up in my server select screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Stalha said:

I had the same issue, but I was able to fix it by turning compatibility mode off for both executables as suggested by a few other posts in the Testing 64 bit thread. Go to the SWTOR directory (for me that was Windows (C:)/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars - The Old Republic), right click on launcher.exe, select Properties, go to the Compatibility tab, and make sure the compatibility mode box is unchecked. Do the same check for the PTS launcher, which is at Star Wars - The Old Republic/publictest/retailclient/swtor.exe. Once my two launchers had the same compatibility settings, the PTS showed up in my server select screen.

Thank you so much! This worked for me, and now I'm on the PTS!

2 hours ago, Stalha said:

That fixed it for me, thanks

On 2/10/2023 at 10:53 PM, Stalha said:

Tried that, didn't seem to work for me.  Any other suggestions?  Still have an empty PTS server list....

• Dev Post

On 2/10/2023 at 10:53 PM, Stalha said:

Hi there, 

Glad that this is working for you. We had a follow question to this workaround. Was there ever a point in the past where you manually updated compatibility mode? Possibly for other workarounds? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, jbuncher said:

Tried that, didn't seem to work for me.  Any other suggestions?  Still have an empty PTS server list....

I ended up completely deleting the retail and PTS (the whole SWTOR folder) and "bleaching" it's location with a "complete removal" application from McAfee. Both compatibility mode check boxes were unchecked before I did this and was still getting the blank server screen (re-installing just the PTS didn't fix it either). A complete re-download of the game isn't ideal, but since I have really fast internet it seemed worth a try after I had exhausted everything else I could think of (antivirus, firewall, IP traceback, etc). I'm suspecting something about the two launchers conflicted (possibly from the launcher upgrade a while back) and the re-install cleared it up.

Edited by DWho

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Hi there, 

Glad that this is working for you. We had a follow question to this workaround. Was there ever a point in the past where you manually updated compatibility mode? Possibly for other workarounds? 

Hi Jackie,

I can't be 100% sure, but I don't remember ever manually updating compatibility mode in the past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Hi there, 

Yes, there was. I don't remember when, but some time ago, prior to 7.0, the retail client had an issue and running it in compatibility mode was a known fix. I set the retail launcher to run in compatibility mode at that time and never changed it back. Both clients are still working for me now so the original issue that necessitated using compatibility mode has probably been long since fixed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi there, 

yes about  a year maybe year and half ago i ran into no server issue on login and the kind people of reddit told me to manually update compatibility and ever vaguely doing that and it working fine for then on out 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jbuncher said:

Follow up to my follow up - after making sure that both launchers/clients had unchecked any compatibility settings *and* making sure that the PTS "swtor.exe" file had "Run as Admin" checked (the regular launcher.exe already had "Run as Admin" checked), the server list populated and I was able to get in.  Or, more accurately, I didn't see a server list and was able to select/create characters.  Thanks to the devs & @JackieKofor getting around to posting about this.  c

To clarify - it wasn't *just* the compatibility mode.  When all compatibility modes were "unchecked", I still got the empty server list (launcher was "Run as admin", PTS swtor.exe was not).  Changing the PTS exe to "Run as Admin" fixed it.  

--Mop

Edited by jbuncher
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.