Jump to content

Skip to 7.0


JamboBaker

Recommended Posts

For the love of all things holy and sacred when are we going to be able to story skip to 7.0. Having to take every alt character (which you encourage me to have through your gameplay) through Ossus and all that content just to get to the latest daily area is awful. 

 

Please, when are we going to be able to do it?

Edited by JamboBaker
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JamboBaker said:

For the love of all things holy and sacred when are we going to be able to story skip to 7.0. Having to take every alt character (which you encourage me to have through your gameplay) through Ossus and all that content just to get to the latest daily area is awful. 

 

Please, when are we going to be able to do it?

As I understand it, never:  The 7.x story (by which I mean the Malgus+Mandalore bits) is just too tightly intertwined with 6.x to have players skip the first half..

I believe there will be a 'skip to 8.0' option if/when that expansion is launched...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chryptyk said:

Agreed, a new skip point is desperately needed.  Keep in mind, a skip point is entirely optional.  you don't have to take it if you don't want to.

This is perfect. It's optional. If you've done the story on 1 or more already and you don't care to replay ALL of it on 20 characters then hey... let me skip xD

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chryptyk said:

beats me. don't care.  whatever default by faction, probably.

default-by-faction sounds like a really bad idea (what would that even *be*?  support-Pub on both sides?????????  support-Imp?).  I'd have thought that "Loyalist" would be the best idea.

I asked the question because it affects actual Conquest-linked gameplay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

loyal to faction or opposite faction for saboteur.  affecting 1 conquest objective that you may or may not have, that you may or may not do isn't really relevant to the bigger picture.  

 

also if you don't like whatever choice, treat it like any other skip you might have a problem with, don't take it.  again, entirely optional.

Edited by Chryptyk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Chryptyk said:

loyal to faction or opposite faction for saboteur.

Well, yes, naturally.  Which would the single preset be?

21 hours ago, Chryptyk said:

affecting 1 conquest objective that you may or may not have, that you may or may not do isn't really relevant to the bigger picture.  

Perhaps not, but nobody that I've seen propose a post-JUS skipto point has *ever* proposed what to do about it.  Usually, they don't even propose something when I mention the point, either.

21 hours ago, Chryptyk said:

also if you don't like whatever choice, treat it like any other skip you might have a problem with, don't take it.  again, entirely optional.

Well, of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Man, why do we complicate things. I wanna skip because I don’t give a damn about the story on that alt. I’ve played it enough times on other alts or I wouldn’t skip. 
 

The whole premise is I want to skip because I don’t care. Choose vanilla options, choose sab options, I couldn’t care less. If I did then I wouldn’t skip. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why not do what the did for Mass Effect...it was either 2 or 3 can't remember which, where you choose your character and if you want to jump into like Ossus or 7.0 you first go through like a comic thing or whatever that lets you choose the choices your character would've made if you actually played through to the desired point to jump in....you know?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2023 at 8:28 AM, Alorus_Wolf said:

Why not do what the did for Mass Effect...it was either 2 or 3 can't remember which, where you choose your character and if you want to jump into like Ossus or 7.0 you first go through like a comic thing or whatever that lets you choose the choices your character would've made if you actually played through to the desired point to jump in....you know?

This is a great Idea.

Do what they did with the choosing of a new combat style, you are presented with a short cutscene that gives a brief overview of that quest line, then you get the option to choose what path you'd have taken, then it gives a sort cutscene that tells you what effect that had, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

I would really love a new story skip point that's past the long obnoxious story flashpoints and much closer to the newest dailies.

Setting Loyalist as default would be fine (I think that's what skipping Iokath already does?), though a very short story decision mission to customize the character would also be great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone who would not actually probably even use a skip personally (I've never used any other skip), even I think there should be a skip option to later in the story.  I don't know exactly where the most ideal spot would be (I mean, it'd be super great if you could just choose to start at any mission you are leveled for, but I know that probably isn't feasible haha), but Jedi Under Siege + Onslaught (especally the Onderon and Mek-Sha stuff) is quite a slog to get through if all you want is the later content.

Just make loyal to your original faction (and presumably certain LS options for republic, DS options for imperial) be the default if you skip, e.z. (as with every other skippable story, the lack of choice in that regard is just the price you pay when you skip, and that's why skipping is wholly optional.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mirrordances said:

Setting Loyalist as default would be fine (I think that's what skipping Iokath already does?)

No, because the Loyalist/Saboteur decision happens at the beginning of JUS, in the first story conversation you have after you create the character.  The Iokath decision is not final.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chryptyk said:

dead horse, but default is fine.  if you don't like it, just don't skip.

OK, but what is the default decision (the one the game makes if you don't) on Loyalist/Saboteur?

(Hint: you can't currently avoid the decision, so there is no default.  What do you think they should make it be?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

The Iokath decision is not final.

I know this is SW, and on top of that this is SWTOR, meaning that death is relative. But Acina and Jace may have a disagreement with your assesment...

What i mean is that skipping iokath does have implications. And so does skipping Kotet/kotfe. Devs decide your path already up to JUS if you skip, what extra damage does and extra choice do? Default skip choice should be(imo) to stay loyal to faction, don't like it? Then play the whole thing, same as before. Skipping is not for those that role play a lot and game does warn you about it.

Could game do a better job and give player major choices freedom, like a questionary? Sure, that would be great. I think lots of people asked for that for many years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Balameb said:

I know this is SW, and on top of that this is SWTOR, meaning that death is relative. But Acina and Jace may have a disagreement with your assesment...

I meant solely that it's not final for the player character.

4 hours ago, Balameb said:

Default skip choice should be(imo) to stay loyal to faction,

I agree.

4 hours ago, Balameb said:

Could game do a better job and give player major choices freedom, like a questionary? Sure, that would be great. I think lots of people asked for that for many years.

They have, but it's slightly impractical, and would have to be handled carefully for characters whose account had never advanced through the skipped content, to avoid *huge* spoilers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.