So we're back to 9 trillion different types of currency?

DarthNillard

2 hours ago, DarthNillard said:

Last time I played, multiple currencies were removed to "simplify" things. Now it appears there are more than ever. Can the DEV team please make up their mind?  Been dealing with this nonsense for 11 years and counting....

It's deliberate. There is no content so they extend gear grinding to make it seem like there is something to do.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, TonyTricicolo said:

It's deliberate. There is no content so they extend gear grinding to make it seem like there is something to do.

You're not wrong. I like the new planet, but even if you spacebar through the convos its still just a whole lot of driving around to finish the post story one-time mission (that starts with the holo call you get from the Ordo brother dude) instead of a lot of content, even with Quick Travel....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DarthNillard said:

Last time I played, multiple currencies were removed to "simplify" things. Now it appears there are more than ever. Can the DEV team please make up their mind?  Been dealing with this nonsense for 11 years and counting....

I'm going to hazard a guess that the 'play your way' philosophy didn't work out as well as they had hoped and they decided they needed to reward the harder game modes with better gear, which meant adding new currencies for each 'advancement' path.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ominovin said:

I'm going to hazard a guess that the 'play your way' philosophy didn't work out as well as they had hoped and they decided they needed to reward the harder game modes with better gear, which meant adding new currencies for each 'advancement' path.

Still rubbish.  In 11 years, they never seem able to think more than 5-6 months in advance....

On 1/21/2023 at 9:24 PM, DarthNillard said:

You are not wrong, however.....

On 1/21/2023 at 9:40 PM, Darcmoon said:

Nope.  I imagine it will keep going back and forth depending on the person in charge’s opinion of how things should be done.  

This is very much the reason why. 

most of the active currencies are very content-specific and the tooltips generally give a good job of telling you what they're used for and what content the currency is acquired from

there's really only two or three fully generic non-credit currencies and even then they're largely specific to high level/endgame content

On 1/22/2023 at 1:41 PM, Ominovin said:

"play your way" got us hammer station/red reaper/toborro's courtyard farming to the exclusion of all other content so it was less about incentivizing harder content and more about incentivizing the entire game outside of those 3 things

Yes, it's a bunch of currencies that they don't know what to do anymore. 

They should: 

- Remove ALL green gear from level 80.

- Make blue 324 entry gear

- Remove FP-1, WZ-1 and Resource Matrix. 

- To get blue gear we'd need Conquest commendations only, all activities would reward conquest commendations, cap increased.

- Keep OP-1 as it is.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 1:13 AM, raikme said:

Yes, it's a bunch of currencies that they don't know what to do anymore. 

They should: 

- Remove ALL green gear from level 80.

- Make blue 324 entry gear

- Remove FP-1, WZ-1 and Resource Matrix. 

- To get blue gear we'd need Conquest commendations only, all activities would reward conquest commendations, cap increased.

- Keep OP-1 as it is.

I'm with you on everything except the conquest commendations part, unless they complete remove the stupid weekly caps on all the types of currency you can earn. I can cap out on the weekly Conquest, Daily Resource Matrix, FP-1, OP-1, and WZ-1 comms any given week before the weekend, and I only play in the evenings. If I want to dedicate 100 hours a week to this game, the Devs should be not only be praying that they still have loyal players demonistrating this behavior after 11 years of this game running but ENCOURAGING it, not preventing people from doing it.  Once I hit the caps there's pretty much minimal reason to play anymore until the Tuesday reset.  Punishing dedicated players because YOU are unable to pump out content, so your workaround is to restrict how quickly people can gear up has always been, is, and will always be a fatal flaw to this game.

Edited by DarthNillard
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.