Let us drop Training in the Force mission permanently

MortenJessen

I cant really be bothered by how other players screw over things. I have read quite a few imaginative tales of such, on this forum, and most of them is just what you your self quite rightfully adresses as dumb reasons. You can not cure humanity, but why force options on those of us who can use the brain, just to make Darwin a sad panda? He did not live in vain, and trust me, even the best laid out "Are You Sure" type delete to delete options can be screwed over by idiots, so why save them? I have read that much on this forum, and I am not impressed with your answer.

33 minutes ago, DarthCasus said:

Then do it once and swap back to your OG combat style, (your) problem solved. All this is asking for is Bioware to do it for you with the risk of other players being screwed out of it for one weird/dumb reason or another.

Nope.  I have no intention of getting a second combat style on most of my toons.   But I also don’t want to use a NON changeable decision just to get the quest out of my log.   The same mission log that has a hard limit on how many missions you can have at one time. 

Just now, MortenJessen said:

I cant really be bothered by how other players screw over things. I have read quite a few imaginative tales of such, on this forum, and most of them is just what you your self quite rightfully adresses as dumb reasons. You can not cure humanity, but why force options on those of us who can use the brain, just to make Darwin a sad panda? He did not live in vain, and trust me, even the best laid out "Are You Sure" type delete to delete options can be screwed over by idiots, so why save them? I have read that much on this forum, and I am not impressed with your answer.

Sorry to say this, but I'm with @DarthCasus on this one.  If you drop the mission, and later they add a new combat style that you like <<<<<<<===========>>>>>>> this much, and it fits <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<=======================================>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this much with your idea of your character, you'd be cursing yourself and BioWare and me and everyone else to high heaven that you dropped the mission.

So no, not a good idea.  Just untrack it so you can keep it around for a rainy day without seeing it on your screen all the time.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Yeah, it definitely should be available from class trainers on fleet. They don't have much use these days. May as well put this mission on them. To be clear, I do think players should automatically get this mission on new characters, but I think they should also have the option to abandon and pick it up later on at the fleet. Bioware did this to an operation story mission on Iokath years ago. When completing the Iokath story, you get a purple mission to do an operation. You used to not be able to abandon it, but Bioware changed it to allow abandoning and picking it up later at the Iokath dailies board. I don't see why a similar thing can't be done here.

Edited by ThanderSnB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralGyro said:

i made most of my characters second style a stealth for heroics if the OG one didnt have it. my agent i made a gunslinger though as i fancy the double blaster covert operative fantasy

same for me, Dailies  , not every class I like playing has stealth. Having stealth just speeds it up for me

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

Nope.  I have no intention of getting a second combat style on most of my toons.   But I also don’t want to use a NON changeable decision just to get the quest out of my log.   The same mission log that has a hard limit on how many missions you can have at one time. 

Or they could just increase how many missions you can log & then you can deselect the missions you will never do. 
This would be a better fix for everyone.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Or they could just increase how many missions you can log & then you can deselect the missions you will never do. 

Or they could find a way to flag missions like the Second Combat Style mission so that they simply don't count towards the number in the log.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I agree entirely with that.  The thing is that I could swear I remember them saying the 25 limit was due to them compromising between us able to pick up enough missions and the database/game taking too long, or something to that effect.

What troubles me the most is that BW goes on to carter for the lowest common denominator, making the one annoyance after the other out of it for those of us who can use the brain and live with a decision we made. If the reason for it to be not abandonable is that people would abandon it and then cry, then let them cry, they were warned. If they still made the decision, despite being informed of the consequences, I cant really see why one would (let alone should) try to carter for them. It is (a) misplaced attempt to help out people who dont want (cant) be helped anyway, and doing it only makes them even less capable of handling consequences in the long run, since they learn that crying makes things better. And that would be doing them a disservice. For obvious reasons.

Kind of annoying that it's a purple mission.

They could make a "I don't want to learn a new combat style" option to abandon the mission, but make it so that the players can pick it back up from the class trainers - those trainers are obsolete now anyway (I do like the idea of learning skills from a familiar face), why not give them new a mission? The trainers are also on most planets, so people who abandon the mission could pick it up at most places.

On 1/20/2023 at 8:21 PM, MortenJessen said:

As the title says, please let us drop it for good. The system is bad at best, and I really dont want to do it. So please BW, let us remove it permanently. 

Oh, so you don't like it, therefore no one else can.

However I agree you should be able to dismiss it as a quest, if for no other reason than some players already have there complaint posts written up about accidently getting rid of it and want BW to restore it. I mean we gotta give these players something to post about.....

Yes in that kind of mood tonight.:sy_empire:

Edited by DreadtechSavant

22 hours ago, DreadtechSavant said:

Oh, so you don't like it, therefore no one else can.

No, and yes. 

No, because I just want it out of my mission log, and because I dont want to do it. Ever.

Yes, because is that not why all people want things on this forum? So why cant I use the same (lack of) logic? 😜

Bioware did this to an operation story mission on Iokath years ago. When completing the Iokath story, you get a purple mission to do an operation. You used to not be able to abandon it, but Bioware changed it to allow abandoning and picking it up later at the Iokath dailies board. I don't see why a similar thing can't be done here.

The things you learn on this board. I still have this Iokath mission on all my characters that have gone thru Iokath.

My Bounty Hunter Still has a companion mission on her list from before 4.0 that is supposed to be male-only having to do with romancing Mako.  She can't do the mission. Heheh.

On 1/22/2023 at 11:44 PM, DreadtechSavant said:

However I agree you should be able to dismiss it as a quest,

Subject to the availability of a way to restore it by in-game activity, e.g. picking it up from some NPC on the Fleet somewhere.

if for no other reason than some players already have there complaint posts written up about accidently getting rid of it and want BW to restore it.

If it's easy to restore, no need for such a post.

I mean we gotta give these players something to post about.....

No, that's not necessary *at*all*, sorry.

18 hours ago, Shayddow said:

I concur with that Ellie!   coding is like that. Fix one thing, break 2 or 3 other things.

No.  Not really.  Or, at least, not as an inherent characteristic.  I've been (mostly) failing to break those two or three other things for 34 years, as of three weeks ago.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 8:05 PM, TrixxieTriss said:

I kind if like this idea...  maybe a 3rd toggle switch (so to speak) one that reads bypassed??  This might help with the larger picture of so much ground to cover with a new alt in which we have already done (more than once) beforehand.  
Hmmm  ...  maybe a toggle switch for indicating playing chapters (segments) which might affect companion relationships (for those who want such things).  Just a thought to add.  I hope this is OK??

• 2 weeks later...

I can get around having a sort of secondary mission tap to put it in, as long as I dont have it filling in my mission log. While at it, can this secondary mission log hold information about what romances I have going on a char? I just took up a char that I had not played for like 2 years, and thought I never romanced anyone, so my shock when I read that getting Kira as my girlfriend would cause old romances to stop, made me spend more than an hour trying to rethink this chars history. To no avail so I took the chance and went on with the Kira romance. So a romance tracker added to a secondary mission log (to missions one never will do but they cant be hard-deleteed) would be nice.

Edited by MortenJessen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.