20min PvP Queue Block because the server booted ME?

Dayshadow

How is it fair that I get blocked from PvP for 20 minutes because EA's crappy servers went to 15K+ ping? It's not my internet. Internet was working fine. It's SWTOR's servers.

I died. The ping had the red X and I couldn't even revive. Then when ping is restored I was returning to the fight and get booted and can't queue for 20 minutes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

honestly with the number of win trades, afk *hitters and cheaters in matches being able to drop was the only policing working, its a very small group who whined about players dropping basically the ranked group was just pushed into regs..geee thanks...big fail guys biiiiig fail

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Alericus said:

honestly with the number of win trades, afk *hitters and cheaters in matches being able to drop was the only policing working, its a very small group who whined about players dropping basically the ranked group was just pushed into regs..geee thanks...big fail guys biiiiig fail

It is nice to see serial rage quitters suffer the lockout though. Especially paranoid assassins who claim everyone is wintrading in regs.

• 1 month later...

This system is absolute garbage.  People should be punished because they have terrible connections occasionally? 

Some bag of clueless told me to get a better service.  Comcrap is the only service in my area.  Even if it were awesome, there are a LOT of connections in the internet between comcrap and the Bioware servers that are beyond my control.  So, yeah.  This terrible system must go.  It's utter garbage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sappharan said:

This system is absolute garbage.  People should be punished because they have terrible connections occasionally? 

Some bag of clueless told me to get a better service.  Comcrap is the only service in my area.  Even if it were awesome, there are a LOT of connections in the internet between comcrap and the Bioware servers that are beyond my control.  So, yeah.  This terrible system must go.  It's utter garbage.

This is a different scenario, but I was healing and fighting on our line in Huttball. Out of the blue I'm kicked. Keep in mind I'm on ground level actively in the middle of combat and got kicked. I'm assuming because I was too far back against the wall (the newest Huttball map). So EVEN AT GROUND LEVEL it must count as being up in the starter area. Ridiculous. They could at least have an onscreen warning. I do not have "system feedback" in my PvP chat, because it will push away actual chat from teammates. Even if I did have it any warnings I probably wouldn't see it still because it would likely get pushed away by all the random junk text. Random unimportant text, like announcer dialog and such, should not even exist in chat during PvP for that very reason. 

Edited by Dayshadow

1 hour ago, Dayshadow said:

They could at least have an onscreen warning.

They have, its a debuff and yes the area does extend down, there is also a red message when it ticks down to 50% duration

Nevermind that you should've moved a bit bc from there there is not much you can do anyway

its also known as spawn kicking, its the risk people took when waiting in spawn in ranked. If you go down just before the debuff expires you're at risk of getting conc, whirl, flash etc. stunning you in spawn with debuff still on, if you then don't break you'll not only lose the round but be removed from the match. Its really funny.

21 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

They have, its a debuff and yes the area does extend down, there is also a red message when it ticks down to 50% duration

Nevermind that you should've moved a bit bc from there there is not much you can do anyway

its also known as spawn kicking, its the risk people took when waiting in spawn in ranked. If you go down just before the debuff expires you're at risk of getting conc, whirl, flash etc. stunning you in spawn with debuff still on, if you then don't break you'll not only lose the round but be removed from the match. Its really funny.

There is no such thing I can see that does that. If it does it must pop up and quickly fade. I need a legit warning that stands out from normal stuff. Something that can't be missed. The idea that you can leave the starting area entirely and come back later and be booted as if you never left the spawn area is ridiculous.

I'm fighting an operative and trying not to be leap bait. I'm not exactly thinking about where exactly I'm located. Back to the wall is optimal imo to limit back attacks. 

1 hour ago, Dayshadow said:

There is no such thing I can see that does that. If it does it must pop up and quickly fade. I need a legit warning that stands out from normal stuff. Something that can't be missed. The idea that you can leave the starting area entirely and come back later and be booted as if you never left the spawn area is ridiculous.

I'm fighting an operative and trying not to be leap bait. I'm not exactly thinking about where exactly I'm located. Back to the wall is optimal imo to limit back attacks.

honestly I don't like the playstyle so I'm not really sad it happened, but on Quesh Huttball the spawngates take so long you sometimes get the afk warning from just waiting for the gate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZUHFB said:

honestly I don't like the playstyle so I'm not really sad it happened, but on Quesh Huttball the spawngates take so long you sometimes get the afk warning from just waiting for the gate

Yes, I’ve had that happen before. Same with Hypergates. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss