New Life Day Weapons

MasterNick-Dural

Is there any reason why the new Life Day weapons are bind on pickup and not bind to Legacy? I thought most rewards from now on were going to be bind to Legacy, and yet the newest drop has gone back to this crappy old system. It's especially bad since these are time-limited rewards, and if I haven't decided which toon in my legacy I want to give them to yet there's a chance that I'll simply miss the weapons all together and have to wait an entire year to buy them.

• Like 1

It is to force players to interact and play the game more. Considering I have 60 to 70 characters spread across all the severs I won't really bother with items like this. I completely skipped the feast weapons for the same reason.

If they had a legacy bound option for more tokens or at least allowed an unlock for collections I would spend time actually unlocking it.

• Like 1

I personally wouldn't mind if they added a weapon or deco or something as a blast from the past.  (Kind of a Life Day add on ... available as a bonus).  However, with the vacation days now here I kind of doubt it!

That said... with the new content released as it was.  I'm not going to fuss too much.  Heck ... I'm already sitting on almost 600 parcels and will accumulate even more.  I just enjoy the break from the normal grind of things.

As for OP ... bind on PU is fine ..  and yet I can see the Legacy thing too!  Since most of this is tied into the CM as seasonal stuff...  I'd guess that whatever procedure that is used to release it account wide is probably what they would do?  ...  Maybe? (Just guessing)

It seems a trend they've started since Dantooine was added. Most of the event weapons/armor items since then have been Bind on Pickup. Well, maybe it's for all event weapons/armor in general and I just noticed it when Pirate Incursion came out. Depending on the cost, I sometimes get a lightsaber for my main, but I don't collect all the weapons/armor because I want the freedom to use them on any character. I wish everything could be in Collections and for in-game stuff, you would be able to unlock account wide with credits. This would include greens, blues, and purples found in the game and bound to the character. (For example, you could equip a world drop to bind it to the character and unlock that look in collections, but they'd have to do something about incomplete armor sets to enable grabbing individual items.)

Edited by ThanderSnB
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

It seems a trend they've started since Dantooine was added. Most of the event weapons/armor items since then have been Bind on Pickup. Well, maybe it's for all event weapons/armor in general and I just noticed it when Pirate Incursion came out. Depending on the cost, I sometimes get a lightsaber for my main, but I don't collect all the weapons/armor because I want the freedom to use them on any character. I wish everything could be in Collections and for in-game stuff, you would be able to unlock account wide with credits. This would include greens, blues, and purples found in the game and bound to the character. (For example, you could equip a world drop to bind it to the character and unlock that look in collections, but they'd have to do something about incomplete armor sets to enable grabbing individual items.)

GW2 was doing this. I used to work to unlock all the armor pieces I could find then delete them from my inventory. You could use any unlocked items for outfits. If Bioware did this but charged us a bit of CC to unlock account wide (if we didn't want to collect it directly with every character) then a few credits to recall a copy they would make players happy, create a credit sink, and make a profit all at the same time.