Premades ruin PvP

Screaming_Ziva

7 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

I rarely touched on GW2 PvP, I always got my butt kicked and was upset I couldn't see cosmetics :)

The learning curve is much steeper than swtor, especially if your learning at a lower lvl. But at least it’s a lvl playing field when it comes to gear/stats & access to all abilities. There are also areas where you can setup & test all these abilities (even if you aren’t high enough to use them in the pve game yet).

I think GW2 does this really well. Which is why I’ve been pushing swtor devs to look into doing the same since they basically killed lowbie PvP participation when they removed PvP comms for dedicated PvP gear.

Honestly, the current lowbie PvP system is an absolute utter joke. Lvl 10’s vs lvl 40’s and lvl 40+ vs lvl 75-79’s (with the caveat that lvl 75’s can have gear bonuses 🤦‍♀️). If I was a new player or new pvper trying it out for the first time as l lvl’d up, I wouldn’t bother either. 

It’s why we have people trying PvP for the first time at lvl 80 instead of learning as they lvl up. That’s why most of them have zero idea how their classes work or what 75% of their abilities actually do because they don’t need them in the devs dumbed down version that the pve part of the game has become. 

The Swtor Devs since 4.x seem to always take a good idea or system & nearly always ruin. So maybe we should be careful what we wish for 😵‍💫

53 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

The learning curve is much steeper than swtor, especially if your learning at a lower lvl. But at least it’s a lvl playing field when it comes to gear/stats & access to all abilities. There are also areas where you can setup & test all these abilities (even if you aren’t high enough to use them in the pve game yet).

I think GW2 does this really well. Which is why I’ve been pushing swtor devs to look into doing the same since they basically killed lowbie PvP participation when they removed PvP comms for dedicated PvP gear.

Honestly, the current lowbie PvP system is an absolute utter joke. Lvl 10’s vs lvl 40’s and lvl 40+ vs lvl 75-79’s (with the caveat that lvl 75’s can have gear bonuses 🤦‍♀️). If I was a new player or new pvper trying it out for the first time as l lvl’d up, I wouldn’t bother either. 

It’s why we have people trying PvP for the first time at lvl 80 instead of learning as they lvl up. That’s why most of them have zero idea how their classes work or what 75% of their abilities actually do because they don’t need them in the devs dumbed down version that the pve part of the game has become. 

The Swtor Devs since 4.x seem to always take a good idea or system & nearly always ruin. So maybe we should be careful what we wish for 😵‍💫

gw2 is fun but weapon swappin isthe worst thing ever added to an mmo and for some asinine reason other companies try to replicate it. Literally just give us two hot bars instead of this nonsense.