Ruins of Nul bug cannot complete story quest

MountainManBen

I have same bug, Im doing Ruins of Nul, and i defeted Malgus, My mission log is 13/25 so there should be room for 12 more missions, when i click Malgus it say ; " You must have two available slots in your mission log!" 

This is an issue that prevents people from playing the new content... I would think they would do an emergency patch mid-week for something like this... Apparently their subscribers really aren't very high on their concern list if they are waiting for a weekly Tuesday patch for this content-breaking bug...

On 12/18/2022 at 10:10 PM, Nee-Elder said:

Waiting for patch is not a workaround. Just so you know, workaround is something you do WITHOUT fixing the problem itself.

Your question has no bearing on the topic at hand, since  flaws-in-CODE are inherent & invevitable, no matter how much time has elapsed.

You obviously don't know how software is developed. All companies who take money for their product establish QA plans that include thorough regression testing. Ofc you can skip this out to cut costs, but this tells your customers that you are greedy and doesn't respect them.

What would you say if your bank/investing app suddenly substract couple of thousand bucks per month and call it a bug? And a new bug similar to this introduced with every release let's say once per 2 weeks. Then if you discover it they would just say sorry, your fault, you should've check this functionality on our public test server, and wont even return you this amount. What I'm trying to say (again) is that companies that take money for their services have whole QA department that prevents 99.99% of bugs from reaching customers. Asking customers to do QA job FOR FREE is a strange (greedy) approach.

Sometimes certain bugs only become revealed when tested/played on the LIVE servers.

You would expect bugs in new functionality. If every release you get bugs in old code it just says you've got a crappy application architecture or very bad code quality with huge tech debt, which nobody wants to eliminate (refactor). Again GREEDY!

Edited by OverDrone

7 minutes ago, OverDrone said:

You obviously don't know how software is developed. All companies who take money for their product establish QA plans that include thorough regression testing.

Actually, i worked  QA (and coded a bit) for 5 years on another SW themed MMO.   But i can certainly appreciate your  condescending tone.  ( game recognize game ;) )

In any event, your delayed response,  entertainingly bitter though it is,  is also quite moot now since the bug has already been fixed--> https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/12202022/game-update-7.2a

Happy playing! :ph_use_the_force:

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 8:18 PM, Nee-Elder said:

Yes, sorta --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926582-maintenance-december-20-2022/

But we won't know for sure until  Monday  if it's like  R2-D2-secures-the-message  type hope ...or... Leia-says-Dantooine-instead-of-Alderaan-to-Tarkin  type hope. :csw_deathstar_un:

I've just attempted the flashpoint for the first time two days ago and was unable to progress. 

41 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Can you be more specific ?

I defeated Malgus and was unable to progress upon attempting to speak with him. The game froze.

After reloading, I was placed back into the flashpoint at the same point; before speaking to Malgus after his defeat. The game again froze.

41 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

And did you already file an in-game  'customer service ticket' about it?

I have not. I will when next I play.

• 2 weeks later...

Garbage.

I filed a ticket and was told to just redo the flashpoint I had already completed. I've just attempted again. Got through the entire flashpoint for the game to freeze AGAIN at the same point after defeating Malgus.

What is being done about this?

full of bugs that mission is

Last leap always kills revix

always falling through different places of the map

and of course have to relaunch to talk to Malgus,  I just did that last night, forgot what I did to advance, I think it was exit, then while at the station I spoke to Malgus

2 hours ago, vonKarnas said:

I filed a ticket and was told to just redo the flashpoint I had already completed. I've just attempted again. Got through the entire flashpoint for the game to freeze AGAIN at the same point after defeating Malgus.

What is being done about this?

Very disappointing that you are still having issues with this  prior BUG  that was supposedly fixed already ( twice ? ) .

If i were you @vonKarnas , i would try the following now:

• wait until  Monday or Tuesday ( business days ) and  *ping*  at  BioWare  'CommunityTeam' and  'JackieKo'  within this thread
  • double-check your Mission Log isn't full ( even though that should've already been part of the prior fix ) and then try running the flashpoint one more time, but grouped with a FRIEND ( or nice random player ) who has already completed that flashpoint before ... and see if it still freezes/bugs again at the same ending spot
Edited by Nee-Elder