Ruins of Nul bug cannot complete story quest

MountainManBen

Cannot complete Ruins of Nul flashpoint story mode. After defeating Malgus attempting to enter dialogue to apprehend him plays the cutscene but afterwards doesn't advance the quest and tells me, "You must have two available slots in your mission log! Please abandon sufficient missions and talk to Malgus again to proceed." I only have 6/25 missions in my log and abandoned one just to see if it would help and it didn't. This was right after the release of 7.2.

Weird finding here, but I was eventually able to advance. Tuesday I had raid in ToS so I had the Activity Finder generated weekly mission (Complete 8 Yavin 4 Dailies). I abandoned just that one weekly and was able to advance. I'm not sure if this narrows the type of mission down at all to dailies and or weeklies in progress or if it's the activity finder travel.

I hope this helps!

Unable to complete the solo-story after defeating Malgus on Commando. Same message that it wants me to abandon sufficient missions in my log  but I only have 2 other (speeder) missions active. This is only happening since 7.2 dropped.

I was able to complete the flashpoint on my Imp sniper...

Same issue, just resubbed from a while back before 7.0, stuck on this issue at 3/25 quests in my log: "You must have two available slots in your mission log! Please abandon sufficient missions and talk to Malgus again to proceed." Attempted to port out to Odessan, accepted some terminal quests per a suggestion on the net, went back in, got the same message at 6/25 missions. Abandoned the 3 I picked up, talked to Malgus again... no luck. Luckly the "Launch" option takes me right to where the end of the FP is so Malgus is right there holding his side, hoping it stays that way for when it's fixed so I don't have to re-run this. Also read online that the next stage is at the fleet Prison Level but that level was greyed out on the elevator so I could not go there directly. 

This is the first time since I started playing SWTOR that I have been disappointed. I waited until the dropping through the floor issue was fixed to finally finish and get Malgus on his knees, then this happens. Why? Do the SWTOR gods not want me to finish this? Oh well, I'll wait patiently for another fix and hopefully put this guy where he belongs. It will either be in the prison or under it. 🙂

17 minutes ago, Kuriba said:

same problem, can't complete the flashpoint and progress the story.

i do a lot of supposed "defending" of BioWare (Coders) and illuminating on certain typically internal MMO circumstances, but this seems like a true literal  *gamebreaking* type BUG that needs to be addressed ASAP with a  hotfix.

( i know  @CommunityTeam already posted above to acknowledge onto 'Known Issues' , but  please  @EricMusco or  @BryantWood prioritize this and maybe even any chance for a quick behind-the-code  type post to provide intel on why this BUG occurred, to at least help people understand who won't be able to really play/proceed until  next Tuesday ? )

the whole reasoning for my abandoning this game for nearly a year was so bugs like this were worked out.  cmon.  you guys were given 2 months extra to work the bugs out last year, and it's been way longer than that.  what the freaking hell.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

i do a lot of supposed "defending" of BioWare (Coders) and illuminating on certain typically internal MMO circumstances, but this seems like a true literal  *gamebreaking* type BUG that needs to be addressed ASAP with a  hotfix.

( i know  @CommunityTeam already posted above to acknowledge onto 'Known Issues' , but  please  @EricMusco or  @BryantWood prioritize this and maybe even any chance for a quick behind-the-code  type post to provide intel on why this BUG occurred, to at least help people understand who won't be able to really play/proceed until  next Tuesday ? )

Exactly. The whole reason I went to complete this quest was so I could play the new content on my mando and now gotta wait for a patch to continue playing that character.

Having the same issue on my BH have run it 5x so far and stuck at ending talk to malgus. "You must have two available slots in your mission log! Please abandon sufficient missions and talk to Malgus again to proceed." What worse ....it my only mission and have 6 toons also ready to do it but....don't need them stuck too. Any hope of a fix?

8 minutes ago, BBG_ReconDoc said:

. Any hope of a fix?

Yes, sorta --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926582-maintenance-december-20-2022/

But we won't know for sure until  Monday  if it's like  R2-D2-secures-the-message  type hope ...or... Leia-says-Dantooine-instead-of-Alderaan-to-Tarkin  type hope. :csw_deathstar_un:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: can't wait for monday patch-notes

On 12/15/2022 at 3:57 PM, Marklarx said:

Same issue, just resubbed from a while back before 7.0, stuck on this issue at 3/25 quests in my log: "You must have two available slots in your mission log! Please abandon sufficient missions and talk to Malgus again to proceed." Attempted to port out to Odessan, accepted some terminal quests per a suggestion on the net, went back in, got the same message at 6/25 missions. Abandoned the 3 I picked up, talked to Malgus again... no luck. Luckly the "Launch" option takes me right to where the end of the FP is so Malgus is right there holding his side, hoping it stays that way for when it's fixed so I don't have to re-run this. Also read online that the next stage is at the fleet Prison Level but that level was greyed out on the elevator so I could not go there directly. 

Sorry to tell you this, but if you log out for more than 15 minutes you will need to do the FP all over again. This is why I'm waiting until it's fixed before I try it again. I beat my head against the wall to many times the first time around to get to the same stand still again.

On 12/16/2022 at 9:44 AM, Nee-Elder said:

I tend to defend them too since they are humans, and not computers themselves, but even computers have problems. It's always this way after a new update like this so I tend to expect a few bugs, that's game life. I don't stress over it, I just move on to something else until it's fixed and then come back to it. Life is better that way, at least that's what my therapist tells me.  🤪

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OverDrone said:

So any workaround found or we need to wait for fix.

Already answered above--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926440-ruins-of-nul-bug-cannot-complete-story-quest/?do=findComment&comment=9733799

7 minutes ago, OverDrone said:

BW how much time you need more after 10+ years to make new content releases that doesn't break existing functionality?

Your question has no bearing on the topic at hand, since  flaws-in-CODE are inherent & invevitable, no matter how much time has elapsed.

9 minutes ago, OverDrone said:

Or you expect ppl to invest their time to test your buggy release on PTS?

Yes, they do actually--> https://forums.swtor.com/forum/143-public-test-server/

However, one thing that's always difficult for players to understand:  Sometimes certain bugs only become revealed when tested/played on the LIVE servers.

( *Still doesn't excuse BioWare from fixing THIS particular bug sooner though, but there must be some legit reason since i've never met a Dev/Coder who  wants his/her written code to be non-functional whilst twisting their hot-pocket-grease-soaked mustache  cacckling at player's tears. :csw_jabbapet: )