Is swtor dead?

imolm

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may actually have a point. in early access and and at launch pretty much every server was full or very heavy. now I'm seeing a lot of standard. My own server I used to need to wait in Que for 20 minutes to get in there's almost never a que time now. Ive noticed a significant reduction in que time and servers that are full or very heavy. That could mean that they increased the capacity of the servers or that the population is declining.

1. They left the server capacity low at launch so that the influx of new people when the game officially launched would filter into the servers that were standard to low to balance things out.

2. They increased server capacity after the first week the game was live to reduce queue times for those servers that still had a ridiculously long queue time.

3. Even with the increased capacity, many of those servers still have a queue time.

That isn't true please provide hard numbers and empirical evidence to back up your false claims

Player base cannot compute "Empirical" please lower vocabulary knowledge to version 1.0 to obtain correct responses.

Love,

HK-47

Edited by VoXPCS

*snip*

• Zero feedback from the develop team
  • Misguided, NONSENSE bugs and issues labled as "High Priority" (i.e. Baby names updated. FFS.)
  • Game was launched too soon so the suits could make a quartrly bonus bigger than all of your yearly salaries. It's ONLY about money now, all as much as they can get before they look too stupid to pick up their checks in person. Seriously.

*snip*

The dev tracker would like to have a word with you...

Yes. All servers have been merged into a single "mini-server" which you can only log into on iPhones and certain models of graphing calculator.

Bioware is currently working to clone the seven remaining Old Republic players in order to reach the mini-server's population cap of 33.

The game went free-to-play two days ago. Next Tuesday, Bioware will be paying each player a monthly $15 "thanks for playing our dead game" fee.

lmao :D:D:D

It's called balancing, when people go back to work etc, or settle back into their normal routines.

Theres never a queue, because guess what. They upped the caps, exactly as they said they would.

You really need to stop trying to start rumours or conspiracy theories.

let me point you to this part of my post

Ive noticed a significant reduction in que time and servers that are full or very heavy. That could mean that they increased the capacity of the servers

Now for clarification. I said the OP could have garnered that opinion from the server pop list.

My personal opinion of this game. It's here to stay. Like most mmos are.

Ack I screwed this post all up.

What I was trying to say. I'm having fun with the game. I I haven't bothered with the forums. didn't see any dev posts up upping server cap. I had noticed a drop in que time which I thought could have meant upped server cap or decrease in players online.

Seems both are somewhat true. Player cap has decreased as people pointed we all get back to work. I'm not playing as much now as I was in the last 2 weeks either. And the devs Did in fact up server cap.

Edited by mezlabor

agreed... it was a good run,

is it the end of the beginning or the beginning of the end ? you decide.

:p

the end of the beginning. ill be happy when the free period ends, because yes there will be alot of people that choose not to keep playing. That I feel is the beginning of the true core player base.

No its not dead. You have all the WoW fan boys in this game who said they unsubbed.

Lingering in forums for days complaining and pleading their STORY because they like it but the changes they want aren't happening immediately, or are the crys of a Blizz player (Gimmie Gimmie)

Edited by peenenvy

well my que is a bit shorter 15-20 minutes but instead of just being at peak time it starts mid afternoon and still has a que at 4 am. Which I attribute to incerease in the cap while also more people playing on the server. So i do not think the game is in decline. Edited by Baaddare

SWTOR was closed and SWG-II is coming out next week. What kind of response did you want OP?

And the flying spaghetti monster looked down and seen that TOR was not good, it was indeed dead.

Killed by the ravings of whiners and fanboys.

Low! Did the flying spaghetti monster take the game up into his bossism with his noodly appendages.

He coated it in tasty marinara sauce and sprinkled a four cheese blend on top it of and baked it at 350 degrees to melt the cheese.

Then he gave the tasty pasta and star wars mix to his pirates. They devoured the meal and produced SWG-2!

And then the flying spaghetti monster rested.

Ramen

Edited by titanmike