Anyone watching new 'STAR WARS: ANDOR' series....?

Nee-Elder

• 2 weeks later...

• No annoying kids - I don't mind kids, but their lines and actions need to be realistic. (see Obi-wan show for how NOT to do this)
  • Good dialogue and believable story
  • Good acting
  • Interesting sets
  • Good world building - interesting to see more detail about the beginning of the rebellion and the transition of the Republic into Empire.

Dislikes

• Not enough aliens - there's a few in the background, but they usually don't play a part in the story or have one scene before being left behind (this might change in later episodes)
  • Lack of comic relief - little to no jokes in the story. I do like serious stories, but there is room for the occasional joke even in a serious story. There were a couple scenes in one episode, but that's about it so far.
  • Little slow moving - It should have been released like a typical miniseries, 4 episodes of 3 hours each, because the first 3 episodes are clearly 1 story arc and the second 3 episodes are another story arc. Just release them in threes.
  • Not much epicness (lightsaber battles, space battles, Jedi/Sith force powers) - I think there might be a space battle or two in later episodes, but in general, this is focused on just regular people doing regular things to fight an oppressive empire.

Overall, I haven't been blown away by it, but it's a lot better than other recent Star Wars shows. I think big Star Wars fans will enjoy it a lot, but casual fans may get bored with how slow the story moves along, the lack of Jedi, and no epic battles (yet).

5 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

Overall, I haven't been blown away by it, but it's a lot better than other recent Star Wars shows.

Yeah i just can't seem to get into it tbqh  (or  it can't seem to rope me in ) .  There's just something....i dunno...it's not "bad" but it's just somehow...dull.   Can't quite put my finger on it yet.  --  Oh but one random thought: 

Spoiler

How the heck can that super-ship with the side *red lasers*  fire in such a  long BEAM type fashion in SPACE?!  And yes i realize the  DeathStar  sorta did that to blow up planets

...but still. :confused:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: i probably shouldn't ask such stickler questions about Physics in SW fiction

• 1 month later...

ehh  it's  OK  i guess ...  the recent  *prison break*  episodes were mildly  interesting , but only because.... 

Spoiler

Is that main  "On program!"  manager guy really  SNOKE ?!?!  (same actor) 

...If so, that would make the entire series  worthwhile  imo . :ph_cheers:

----

* i also thought  the part in Episode 11 where.... 

Spoiler

they finally show the sequence where Luthen's  SHIP does that awesome double-red-laser  maneuver scene was  VERY  cool 

...and i wish the show  had more  "wow!"  type moments like that.   Great  writing though, overall.

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: finished entire season

I'm attempting to force myself to watch Andor (I never really liked the main character when he was in rogue one), and am not finding it completely horrible, but I wouldn't say it's good either. It seems very slow moving, and usually each episode bores me by the half way point, so I end up stopping each episode in the middle, and finishing it later on.

Definitely not good, but with how most shows are these days, I just can't say it's terrible either.

I have to say I'm on the complete opposite end. Andor S1's the first Star Wars show I've watched where I haven't felt bored.

Mandalorian and BoBF were atrocious; Kenobi initially gripped me but I couldn't care much after the first two episodes or so.

And then the cartoons. Oh, the cartoons... 🤢

On 12/6/2022 at 11:30 AM, Dayshadow said:

Andor is the best Star Wars period if you're an adult and/or have the mind of an adult. If you're a little kiddie, it may not be your fancy. Most SW material is aimed at children.

Not necessarily true. I found the main character bland (as I did when he was in rogue one), Every time I see a Mon Mothma scene I find them so boring, that I debate hitting the fast forward button. I get it some may enjoy this show, but I find it very slow moving, and the side story with Mon Mothma isn't needed and is just way to boring of a character to even have a major side story on.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 8:30 AM, Dayshadow said:

Andor is the best Star Wars period if you're an adult and/or have the mind of an adult. If you're a little kiddie, it may not be your fancy. Most SW material is aimed at children.

Andor is the best Star Wars period if you are into boring shows. It's a snooze fest outside of like 3 scenes. Not episodes, scenes. I think I developed narcolepsy by watching it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, entrailsgalore said:

Andor is the best Star Wars period if you are into boring shows. It's a snooze fest outside of like 3 scenes. Not episodes, scenes. I think I developed narcolepsy by watching it.

Good think Mando S3 is right around the corner and is sure to have plenty of pew-pew, 'baby Yoda' so cute and "oh, I 'member that from that cartoon" moments for you.

The only reason I didn't watch Andor is because I already know that the hero is going to end up dead in a fireball. Ugh! Okay, I can handle a tragic ending but not like that. I am so looking forward to Grogu and maybe the Ahsoka series. I might, might, try Acolyte only for Carrie Anne Moss. 

On 1/17/2023 at 6:03 PM, Dayshadow said:

Good think Mando S3 is right around the corner and is sure to have plenty of pew-pew, 'baby Yoda' so cute and "oh, I 'member that from that cartoon" moments for you.

Sorry, I don't watch the cartoons. But more pew pew is always good. If I wanted to watch a dialogue filled drama where people just talk about their feelings all day, I'd go watch Gilmore Girls or something. But I don't, so I don't watch Andor.

• 4 weeks later...

Not only did I think it was a great series but I felt this was the first "adult" Star Wars show.  All Star wars I have seen whether I liked it or hated it was always more on a simple kiddy level of pew pew, blow up the bad guys.

This seemed to be the first Star wars series that took itself seriously and had these well thought out characters.  If SWTOR was ever made into a show I would definitely want it to have more this vibe.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The only reason I didn't watch Andor is because I already know that the hero is going to end up dead in a fireball. Ugh! Okay, I can handle a tragic ending but not like that.

Only thing is, would you watch Bail Organa in the clone wars, in the prequels, in Obi Wan? After all, he is on Alderaan when it was blown up.

Would you watch Darth Vader? You know what happens to him at the end of the OT. Or Papa Palps? Well, if you don't count the sequels, where somehow....