Mission are far, far too expensive

Sazodeha

They are reasonable.

no they really aren't, for this being the first game in the history of MMO's where you can't and literally cannot farm materials and get skills up for no cost it's expensive.

Literally every other game I can go out in the world and find an abundance of nodes and go gather and that costed me absolutely nothing to do, and I could sell it and everything was pure profit.

I hate how I can't do that and I have to send a companion and pay them to go on a mission, and sit there doing nothing waiting for them to come back. It takes forever for them to do it at higher levels and they could come back and fail it, woopty do I get a skill point I honestly don't care at all about skill points. I'm pissed I lost money on that deal.

no they really aren't, for this being the first game in the history of MMO's where you can't and literally cannot farm materials and get skills up for no cost it's expensive.

Literally every other game I can go out in the world and find an abundance of nodes and go gather and that costed me absolutely nothing to do, and I could sell it and everything was pure profit.

I hate how I can't do that and I have to send a companion and pay them to go on a mission, and sit there doing nothing waiting for them to come back. It takes forever for them to do it at higher levels and they could come back and fail it, woopty do I get a skill point I honestly don't care at all about skill points. I'm pissed I lost money on that deal.

You can still craft all the greens you want and level your gathering and crafting professions.

Are you new? You can farm items while you quest to level up your gathering skills. You don't have to pay your crew to go out and do it for you. It's a luxury, quit complaining about it.

There are scavenging, slicing, archaeology, and herb nodes all around the planets.

You can even scavenge dead robots.

Edited by RycheMykola

I'm sorry but I hate companions, I dont' want a stupid pet. I don't want to send my stupid pet on missions. I don't want to worry about a stupid pets affection for me. I don't want to worry what stupid pet has a bonus to what crew skill.

I hate pets, I don't want to be dependant on sending them on stupid missions to get stuff. For those that say you don't need send missions to craft lol you must not pay attention to nodes them. There isn't freaking any except once you get to taris. So you're already about 17 to 18 by the time you see ANY nodes. And there isn't enough to level on. Or enough to get mats to craft anything remotely your own level.

I don't want things to be handed to me, I WANT TO DO THEM. Companions shouldn't be mandatory, they should be an option. I don't feel even remotely powerful as a jedi or sith. I feel weak as crap.

Oh well, I've already quite Old Mass Effect I mean Republic.

Why are you sitting there doing nothing? The whole point of the Crew Skills system is to allow the player to continue playing rather than spend many, many hours standing at a crafting table making stuff that no one wants. You can have one crew member gathering, another crafting and you are out questing/PvPing/whatever while they do that.

The system is great as it is and the costs are completely reasonable.

I'm sorry but I hate companions, I dont' want a stupid pet. I don't want to send my stupid pet on missions. I don't want to worry about a stupid pets affection for me. I don't want to worry what stupid pet has a bonus to what crew skill.

I hate pets, I don't want to be dependant on sending them on stupid missions to get stuff. For those that say you don't need send missions to craft lol you must not pay attention to nodes them. There isn't freaking any except once you get to taris. So you're already about 17 to 18 by the time you see ANY nodes. And there isn't enough to level on. Or enough to get mats to craft anything remotely your own level.

I don't want things to be handed to me, I WANT TO DO THEM. Companions shouldn't be mandatory, they should be an option. I don't feel even remotely powerful as a jedi or sith. I feel weak as crap.

While I don't hate companions, I do know what you mean by feeling weak as crap. My character doesn't do enough damage. And I have to rely on my companion to beat a boss. What ever happened to lightsaber duels?

In WOW, you're practically given free epics for logging in.

I find it stupid in WOW, after killing gods, major elementals, dragons, leaders, etc.......... I haven't attracted 1 follower or even an apprentice.

Gonna have to agree with the OP on this, at least in part.

Yes, you can go out, scavenge, herbalize, collect crystals, etc.

However, the "other" skills, like Underworld Trading, Investigation, Diplomacy, etc. require a monetary investment. In order to craft the good pieces, you need the "third" skill matched up with your other two.

Considering the exponentially rising cost of training as you level, in addition to needing to raise your crafting and gathering alongside your leveling progression, it gets to be VERY expensive. Simply put, you can't make enough credits in the lower levels to do all this.

Crafting training, costs money. Increases substantially from Level 40-80.

Skill training, costs money. Increases substantially from Character Level 16 on up.

Gathering costs money, for that which can't be gathered in the open world.

I understand the need for money sinks, but I think the sinks need to be softened up, at least into the lower 20's. Otherwise, all you end up is broke, and rather unhappy that your progression just feels so damn expensive.

This needs to be evaluated ASAP.

There are a lot of rock heads in this thread.

You do not have to send your companion on any missions unless you select a mission skill. If you pickup 2 gathering skills then while your questing you will find scrap to scavenge, bio stuff to gather, Crystals to harvest, etc. Go outside!

Gonna have to agree with the OP on this, at least in part.

Yes, you can go out, scavenge, herbalize, collect crystals, etc.

However, the "other" skills, like Underworld Trading, Investigation, Diplomacy, etc. require a monetary investment. In order to craft the good pieces, you need the "third" skill matched up with your other two.

Considering the exponentially rising cost of training as you level, in addition to needing to raise your crafting and gathering alongside your leveling progression, it gets to be VERY expensive. Simply put, you can't make enough credits in the lower levels to do all this.

Crafting training, costs money. Increases substantially from Level 40-80.

Skill training, costs money. Increases substantially from Character Level 16 on up.

Gathering costs money, for that which can't be gathered in the open world.

I understand the need for money sinks, but I think the sinks need to be softened up, at least into the lower 20's. Otherwise, all you end up is broke, and rather unhappy that your progression just feels so damn expensive.

This needs to be evaluated ASAP.

I had no issues with this I find it kind of odd how many people have money issues in game. People complain about the OPTIONAL money sinks in the game as being too costly. No one is making you do it

There are a lot of rock heads in this thread.

You do not have to send your companion on any missions unless you select a mission skill. If you pickup 2 gathering skills then while your questing you will find scrap to scavenge, bio stuff to gather, Crystals to harvest, etc. Go outside!

If all you do is gathering, and not missions, then you won't ever be able to craft anything other than greens, because you need the blue rares from missions in order to craft blue and above items.

So yes, you have to send companions on missions. And missions are WAY too expensive.

I had no issues with this I find it kind of odd how many people have money issues in game. People complain about the OPTIONAL money sinks in the game as being too costly. No one is making you do it

You had no money issues?

I'd love to see how that happened.

Just today, I got my Trooper to 16. When I came in from Justicar Territory, I had about 14,000 credits.

I trained up. That took me down to about 10,000.

Then I trained up crafting I was behind on. That took me down to 7,000.

I hadn't gotten enough crafting mats while I was out, everything was picked over. So I had to send out my companion to gather more, to get my character caught up to where he needs to be gear wise through my crafting.

I now have about 4500 credits left.

Didn't buy a thing off the Trader, my gear is still way behind where it should be, and while I can now craft Level 15 items, I don't have the mats to do it anymore because I had to use them to level my crafting up to that point.

I am beyond frustrated at this point, and considering just dropping crafting on ALL my characters because it is so incredibly expensive and nets you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. You can't keep it up enough to gear yourself, and you can't make any money at it either, instead, spending a fortune to level it.

Crafting in other MMOs was never this penalizing. :mad: