R-4 Anomaly Bug Collection

_Sinrai_

Hey there,

I've been playing the new operation in the last 2 weeks a bit and experienced numerous bugs that seem to be known to the playerbase, but I'm not able to find any of them being reported here.

As I don't expect bugs to be fixed when they are not reported, here is a list of bugs I'm personnaly aware of and was not able to find any report of:

• IP-CPT moves under the floor
    This only applies to the very first pull of the boss
    Players who enter the arena first will see a animation where the boss moves up to the ceiling. Players who entered the phase/arena at a later point do not see this happen and the boss stays on ground level for them.
    As a result, when you pull the boss first time, he will move to ground level for the players who saw him at the ceiling and below the floor for those players for whom he was at ground level.
  • Watchdog tram almost kills you
    When using the tram to the 2nd location (Watchdog) players sometimes take ~95% dmg.
    My best guess is that this could be fall dmg being applied when being teleported.
    edit: That seems to happen when your rocket boost runs out mid-teleport.
  • Grey Swarm Thrall falling through floor
    In one trash group on the upper walkways (position 189, 339, -187), two wandering Grey Swarm Thralls will sometimes fall down from the walkway and appear on the lower floor. This is a purely visual bug; their position is still on top (e.g. when trying to attack or loot them) but since they are displayed below, players are afraid they might aggro another group if walking through them.
  • Infinite respawn of small adds
    When killing a trash group but leaving a Grey Swarm Detonator alive, the other adds from the trash group will respawn.
  • Hallway puzzle before Kanoth spawns multiple attractors
    As a result these attractors spawn a ton of adds. I've not been able to clear this puzzle without at least one wipe.
  • Kanoth: Lateral/Horizontal Growth warning (yellow arrows) are not visible to some players
    Alt-F4 and restarting the game seems to fix this.
  • Kanoth: Nihrotic Monstrosity seems to fall through the floor on spawn
    There are 2 possible spawn points for Nihrotic Monstrosities (looking at the minimap: east and west of the entrance door).
    When a Monstrosity spawns on the east, it sits there for a second and is targetable, with that a tank can quickly grab aggro of it and let it jump to a desired tile and take the dmg.
    When a Monstrosity spawns on the west you briefly see it rendering the model until it seems to fall through the floor. Only after ~2s it jumps/appears on top of a player (mostly to the healer with highest threat).
  • Lady Dominique: 0 threat taunts
    Most notably on phase 2: whenever you taunt the boss while a players drops Disturbance (orange circle), the boss will attack you for the duration of the taunt (6s) and then switch back to the previous target.
    I expect this to be due to changes in the threat table when the boss switches target and places the circle.
  • Lady Dominique: Alive below the map
    If you fall down and get a jetpack while Dominique is doing the scripted knockback (after Aria slices a conduit regulator) you'll get knocked all the way down and stay alive. Out of range of the group.
  • Lady Dominique: Fast target switching after circle/death
    If a person who is being targetted with Disturbance dies before the circle appears, the boss will get bugged, switches target constantly, but does no attacks anymore.
  • Republic positioning after leaving instance
    When leaving the instance through a non-normal way (eg. Stronghold travel, Relog or Alt-F4) as a Republic player, you're no longer in front of the instance, but rather at the planet starting position.

I hope this helps the dev team to improve the new operation a bit :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit 1: added 3 bugs related to Lady Dominique
edit 2: 7.1.1 update promised fixes, added more bugs mentioned in this thread
edit 3: Preliminary update the day after 7.1.1 with what bugs I know of.
edit 4: 7.1.1b fixed Force Blast on Lady Dominique -> removed

Edited by _Sinrai_
  • Like 2

Hey there,

I've been playing the new operation in the last 2 weeks a bit and experienced numerous bugs that seem to be known to the playerbase, but I'm not able to find any of them being reported here.

As I don't expect bugs to be fixed when they are not reported, here is a list of bugs I'm personnaly aware of and was not able to find any report of:

• IP-CPT moves under the floor
    This only applies to the very first pull of the boss
    Players who enter the arena first will see a animation where the boss moves up to the ceiling. Players who entered the phase/arena at a later point do not see this happen and the boss stays on ground level for them.
    As a result, when you pull the boss first time, he will move to ground level for the players who saw him at the ceiling and below the floor for those players for whom he was at ground level.
  • IP-CPT lockout, unable to reach next boss
    Killing IP-CPT > exiting phase > reset > entering phase > take tram to first boss > boss is dead, but exit door of arena is closed
    So nobody is able continue the operation with such a lockout.
  • Watchdog tram almost kills you
    When using the tram to the 2nd location (Watchdog) players sometimes take ~95% dmg.
    My best guess is that this could be fall dmg being applied when being teleported.
  • Hallway puzzle before Kanoth spawns multiple attractors
    As a result these attractors spawn a ton of adds. I've not been able to clear this puzzle without at least one wipe.
  • Kanoth: Lateral/Horizontal Growth warning (yellow arrows) are not visible to some players
    Alt-F4 and restarting the game seems to fix this.
  • Kanoth: Nihrotic Monstrosity seems to fall through the floor on spawn
    There are 2 possible spawn points for Nihrotic Monstrosities (looking at the minimap: east and west of the entrance door).
    When a Monstrosity spawns on the east, it sits there for a second and is targetable, with that a tank can quickly grab aggro of it and let it jump to a desired tile and take the dmg.
    When a Monstrosity spawns on the west you briefly see it rendering the model until it seems to fall through the floor. Only after ~2s it jumps/appears on top of a player (mostly to the healer with highest threat).
  • Lady Dominique: 0 threat taunts
    Most notably on phase 2: whenever you taunt the boss while a players drops Disturbance (orange circle), the boss will attack you for the duration of the taunt (6s) and then switch back to the previous target.
    I expect this to be due to changes in the threat table when the boss switches target and places the circle.

I hope this helps the dev team to improve the new operation a bit :)

At this point you can use IPCPT lockouts by going way back to the first boss, and get pushed from the container to the pipe because you are indeed able to duel in that operation because they forgot that.

At this point you can use IPCPT lockouts by going way back to the first boss, and get pushed from the container to the pipe because you are indeed able to duel in that operation because they forgot that.

I am aware of that, this is still a bug and should be addressed as such and not a additional puzzle to work around.

One more bug: When exiting the R-4 instance, the loading screen sometimes stays stuck at 90%, requiring Alt+F4 and a restart. As a workaround, players can leave group (starting the 30s timer) before exiting area, and then be invited again once their loading screen has finished. Edited by Jerba

[*]Hallway puzzle before Kanoth spawns multiple attractors

Personally, this was one of the bugs ruining the op for me on SM. This and the one where people get stuck in the void under Dominique if they take a second knockback during the jetpack animation. They just feel really bad to deal with, so heres hoping they get acknowledged if not fixed soon.

IP-CPT can go under the floor when the transition to the burn happens. If you ahve the correct amount of DPS the burn starts with IP-CPT going down.

IMO this happens because if you're faster the boss shields and goes up, if you're late the boss just starts channeling the uber death abilty. If your DPS is right and you push the boss into the burn few ms before the burn should start, the boss should shield and go up, then down, unshield and start the cast. It somehow just goes down and starts the cast.

Really depressing.

Another bug: When taking the elevator to "Quarters and Offices", players will sometimes drop to 6% HP due to fall damage.

Combat log entry:

[21:05:25.082] [@Theho#686461491040612|(-121.20,190.29,387.93,-0.00)|(24003/396107)] [] [] [Ereignis {836045448945472}: Fallschaden {836045448945484}] (372104)

Edit: Nevermind, this is already reported in OP, please disregard.

Edited by Jerba

• 2 weeks later...
IP-CPT can go under the floor when the transition to the burn happens. If you ahve the correct amount of DPS the burn starts with IP-CPT going down.

IMO this happens because if you're faster the boss shields and goes up, if you're late the boss just starts channeling the uber death abilty. If your DPS is right and you push the boss into the burn few ms before the burn should start, the boss should shield and go up, then down, unshield and start the cast. It somehow just goes down and starts the cast.

Really depressing.

This is exactly what happened to my team and I..

Happened twice in 1 raid, very frustrating.

Twitch clip that shows what is happening.

here

Also, ops frames show people as dead when they are not. Can't heal them which is a major problem in R-4.

I'm not including this on purpose as this bug is not R4 specific + has already been reported (Bug: We Keep Seeing Dead People! ) and is on the known issues list.

Next a update with the recent post about 7.1.1.

• The issues some players are experiencing with IP-CPT falling into the floor
    Moved the issue below the list, hopefully can cross it off the list completly with the fix.
  • Adjusting the difficulty in the Overgrown Hallways to be less deadly in Story Mode
    Why is this being balanced? If you fix the bug that there are multiple attractors spawning on top of each other you wouldn't have to deal with 5x the monsters. I believe it'd be nicely balanced if it is working as intended.

If you are reporting difficulty you are experiencing with any of the R-4 bosses, please also include details of the gear you are using.

Most of my groups have a avg IR of 330 - 339. Tho I'm confused how gameplay bugs are related to your gear.

A final note

I'm kinda confused what more you need in terms of bug reports. The bugs I listed are pretty well known (at least in my circles). I think ppl are just too lazy to report them and would rather work around them and blame Bioware every time the do so.

I made this post so I at least know the bugs were reported, I'm not expecting any fixes for bugs when nobody in the dev team is aware of them. If you're not able to fix the bugs in the near future I'd at least like to see them on the known issues list. Atm I kinda feel like they are being ignored in the way of "out of sight, out of mind".

If you need more information or the bugs are not as easily reproducable as described, I'm happy to provide anything you'd want.

• 3 weeks later...

Some more bugs with the trash groups before Lord Kanoth:

• In one trash group on the upper walkways (position 189, 339, -187), two wandering Grey Swarm Thralls will sometimes fall down from the walkway and appear on the lower floor. This is a purely visual bug; their position is still on top (e.g. when trying to attack or loot them) but since they are displayed below, players are afraid they might aggro another group if walking through them. Please restrict the movement of these Grey Swarm Thralls to ensure they stay on the upper walkways.
  • When killing a trash group but leaving a Grey Swarm Detonator alive, the other adds from the trash group will respawn. This allows players to easily farm credits and decorations and is in violation of any other trash group in the game:
    • In open world, a trash group should only respawn if all members of it have been killed. If one of them is alive, it should never respawn, especially not if one member is still in combat.
    • In instances, trash groups should never respawn. Previously, we had infinitely respawning adds in TFB but this was fixed after players started farming them for credits and crafting materials.
  • Sometimes, the Nihrot growth in the gauntlet hallway will not deal damage on the very first attempt. This means players can just walk through the Nihrot and kill the Attractor without having to press any buttons. (Note that this bug should only be fixed after the bug with multiple Attractors spawning has been fixed)

In addition, there is a bug with the operation entrance on Mek-Sha (only tested on Republic side):

• When logging out in R-4 and then logging back in, I spawn at Mek-Sha's area start (the shuttle taking me to my player ship), not at the operation entrance.
  • When traveling from the operation entrance to my stronghold, then logging out and on the next login, clicking on "Return to Mek-Sha" will spawn me at the area start, not at the operation entrance (my previous position).
  • Thanks 2

Watchdog tram almost kills you

That seems to happen when your rocket boost runs out mid-teleport

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Also there is the HM exploit of Lady Dom killing herself. I would expect BioWare address it considering one of the biggest raiding groups publically revealed how to do it and people were farming her for 5 days now. (probably before, but certainly not in these numbers)

Yet we have 0 BW posts about an exploit in the current operation final boss.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deaconik said:

Also there is the HM exploit of Lady Dom killing herself. I would expect BioWare address it considering one of the biggest raiding groups publically revealed how to do it and people were farming her for 5 days now. (probably before, but certainly not in these numbers)

Yet we have 0 BW posts about an exploit in the current operation final boss.

Hopefully there will be some bans associated with that and gear/credits/mats/achievements removed as well. One wonders how long that raiding group used that exploit before they went public with it. Usually, exploits only get reported by guilds when someone else starts using them and the guild loses their advantage.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

BioWare  typically doesn't  comment about exploits , until after they fix it,  so as not to bring even more attention/tempatation to it.

Sure, they can let their actions do the talking, but that's currently not good. To me it seems they don't care, but unless they fix the most annoying raiding bugs I think I don't care about the payment either, cause it's really hard for me to find money to pay for this game just because "it's Star Wars", when the amount of bugs is going up.

Thank god we had the 10-year celebration :D

Edited by Deaconik