Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I was slicing and paid 1450 for the mission and got back 1350

Engleheart

Is this a <snickers> a bug or is it working as intended? <giggles> I only asking since the seems to be no response to my questions in the Crafter threads by anyone of importance, and from the looks of it you are the only ones who have permission to speak to the general population of these forums.

Can you say anything, at least DEFEND why you nerfed it COME ON! People are freaking out and cancelling subs, i mean, i want this game to succeed and you are failing your first test as Devs by not coming out and defending you position! AT LEAST SAY SOMETHING INTELLIGLBE BESIDE HAVING SOME PSEUDO-DROID SAY SOME LAME BLAH BLAH BLAH.

It's not a bug. Missions don't have to give you back more than what you put into it. Missions can fail completely, and they can yield less than stellar results, as you have seen here. You still got the skill pt for it.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well into text.

So when will we get around to a response to the Slew of complaints about Slicing, at this point i have all most stop caring about the Nerf, and more about the lack of a response by a Dev, i wonder if this will be a sign of the future when something REALLY important happens. At least the other MMO's dev are communicative with there player base.

So when will we get around to a response to the Slew of complaints about Slicing, at this point i have all most stop caring about the Nerf, and more about the lack of a response by a Dev, i wonder if this will be a sign of the future when something REALLY important happens. At least the other MMO's dev are communicative with there player base.

I wasn't sarcastic in the slightest there. I was telling you how it is.

As for waiting for a Dev response, nothing is needed. It SHOULD cost money to level up skills, and most of the time you do get back more than you give in regards to missions, so I don't see a problem here. Are you just complaining to complain or do you have a valid argument about why you think you should get paid credits to level up a skill that will earn you credits later on?

Can you say anything, at least DEFEND why you nerfed it COME ON! People are freaking out and cancelling subs, i mean, i want this game to succeed and you are failing your first test as Devs by not coming out and defending you position! AT LEAST SAY SOMETHING INTELLIGLBE BESIDE HAVING SOME PSEUDO-DROID SAY SOME LAME BLAH BLAH BLAH.

who cancelled their sub?

p.s. i still have slicing...

I'm betting this is your first MMO. Leveling crafting in any MMO costs money.

In WOW, it can cost several thousand gold to go up 1 skill level in crafting and you are not even guaranteed to get a skill up.

Slicing lockboxes should yield more then the cost of the mission, regardless of the skill point or not.

Mats from underworld trading aren't Bind on pickup and worth 0 cred.

Bioanylssis isn't BoP and worth nothing.

So why should the one crew skill that even mentions in the codex that it's really only to make money, be the least money making crewskill in the game now? How can it yield negative credits most of the time and be considered a worthless crewskill for anything under bountiful yield?

In WOW, it can cost several thousand gold to go up 1 skill level in crafting and you are not even guaranteed to get a skill up.

lol, thanks of the info...

So to get you caught up on the facts....

Slicing is not a Crafting skill....its a GATHERING SKILL

LIKE HERBLISM, SKINNING, AND MINING

Who the hell ever lost money doing those in WoW

Edited by Qishari
rude comments

Furthermore lol, if you spend that much for one skill point you are doing it wrong L2lvl professions man, at this point in WoW, leveling professions is pretty easy, i have like 3 alts each with a gathering skill so i mean AH makes me money all day.

I paid 1000 credits, it took the companion 15 minutes and he failed so I received nothing...

At least you get credits back, I have to try and sell what I get..and sometimes it's not even worth what I paid for it.

Im thinking its workin as intended. The nerf is around 50% so if you got 1450 after it was nerfed, then you would've got around 2900cr for a single slice? Consider how much that is in the game, consider how much that is compared to others who have have three skills to able to earn, where at least one of them extremely costly.

I have a character that has:

Artificing - Skill that would become main source credit income.

Archeology - Gather skill but companions can be sent on missions, which costs a lot.

Treasure Hunting - Gather skill, so far companions can only be sent on missions to gather, and its costly to use.

1 skill that potentially can yield a lot of credits on the galactic market, if getting sold to the right price that is. The two others can't be considered income skills since they cost build them. And there is a lot work in the use of these skills.

Slicing as it is now, yields heck of a lot more credits per point of level, than what most crafting skills does per skill level.

---------------------------------------

Its very understandable that you feel an injustice is being done to all of you who have chosen slicing, who suddenly receives around 50% less per slice after the latest patch.

Yeah, it must awful that you're now having a skill that yields 50% less now. Just be happy that you got some high amounts per slice while it lasted. Because you know us others who didn't choose slicing didn't get these high amount of credits, in fact we've spent thousands of credits building all of the three skills.

----------------------------------------

Still feel like complaining about this latest patch nerfing of the slice skill, then go right ahead. But then we all know who the whiners are..

lol, thanks of the info...

So to get you caught up on the facts....

Slicing is not a Crafting skill....its a GATHERING SKILL

LIKE HERBLISM, SKINNING, AND MINING

Who the hell ever lost money doing those in WoW

Since when is this game WoW? Seems to be what all you kids bring up when you want to try to outsmart someone else. Gathering skills in wow usually do bring in a profit even if it is a meager amount of silver, however, you also have to spend time going to farm for these items whereas in swtor you PAY your crew to do it for you. This saves you time and money in the long run keeping your time free to go quest and make money at the same time. Nice try on the comparison, but it's far from WoW. Good try ... Kid

Edited by Qishari
quoted removed content

It's not a bug. Missions don't have to give you back more than what you put into it. Missions can fail completely, and they can yield less than stellar results, as you have seen here. You still got the skill pt for it.

Then what is the point of doing them?