SWTOR Support absolutely ignoring my tickets

Tolkyyn

On 7/4/2022 I put in ticket 38892603 requesting they give me all the characters I had created (and paid for their character slots). They could not restore 15, so I wrote and asked for the character slots back, even if they couldn't restore the characters :THEY IGNORED ME

On 7/17/2022 I put a ticket in again because when I was getting no response from them, I wanted to create another character so I paid 600 cartel coins for a character slot, clicked it, but when I went out to create the new character it still said 61/61 (which is what I already had). I put another ticket in, 38906613 and the unhelpful desk person said she/he did some research and I had gotten the character slot. I DID NOT. I still have 61/61 and it refuses to allow me to create a new character.

I'm getting increasingly angry about the unhelpfulness of the "help desk" and the fact that they totally ignore me.

What can I do to get this fixed?

Here's a picture of what I see when I try to create my 62nd character, read the text up there on the right.

https://i.imgur.com/DbNewH7.jpg

How many character slots do you have in total?

I'm asking because with the server merges a few years back it was possible to have more characters on a server than one had character slots in order to not have to decide between any of transferred/merged characters. But that didn't come with actual free permanent character slots.

Myself, on my main server that ended up with all my characters previously being at home on three different servers, I'm well over my actual character slot limit and in order to create a new one I would have to delete as many characters until I'm at my actual limit minus one. (Or buy enough slots to expand the limit to number of characters plus one)

So as an example having an actual character slot limit of 40 characters per server but exceeding it already by 12 because of the merges, a new character slot being bought wouldn't change anything because I'd just go from 52/40 to 52/41, still being 11 characters over the limit.

To check how man character slots you actually have opened up, look at a server you don't play on or have no or only few characters, there the character slots should show the correct number that you actually have.

Edited by Khaleijo

I have 61 characters.

It's not how many characters you have, but how many character slots you have.

Khaleijo is correct that this should be the first thing you should check. Most likely you've been running on the "temporary freebie" slots all this time.

If it turns out you do have that many character slots, then ask again for greater detail on the slot purchase history and how many you had before. This is information they should have.

It's not how many characters you have, but how many character slots you have.

Khaleijo is correct that this should be the first thing you should check. Most likely you've been running on the "temporary freebie" slots all this time.

If it turns out you do have that many character slots, then ask again for greater detail on the slot purchase history and how many you had before. This is information they should have.

Agreed. It would be helpful, though, for CS to explain this to the customer after the "research." They can see the actual number of character slots an account has. So what the OP can do to confirm how many slots he or she has is to log into a server he or she has no characters on and see how many character slots are available there. Then it's possible to figure out how many characters he or she currently has over the limit on the main server.

On 7/4/2022 I put in ticket 38892603 requesting they give me all the characters I had created (and paid for their character slots). They could not restore 15, so I wrote and asked for the character slots back, even if they couldn't restore the characters :THEY IGNORED ME

On 7/17/2022 I put a ticket in again because when I was getting no response from them, I wanted to create another character so I paid 600 cartel coins for a character slot, clicked it, but when I went out to create the new character it still said 61/61 (which is what I already had). I put another ticket in, 38906613 and the unhelpful desk person said she/he did some research and I had gotten the character slot. I DID NOT. I still have 61/61 and it refuses to allow me to create a new character.

I'm getting increasingly angry about the unhelpfulness of the "help desk" and the fact that they totally ignore me.

Here's a picture of what I see when I try to create my 62nd character, read the text up there on the right.

I'm guessing that the last time you played was before November 2017, when there were server merges, and you had characters spread across multiple of the pre-merge servers, and those characters all ended up on the same after-merge server.

To confirm this, go onto any of the other servers from the Server Select screen, one where you have no characters, and see how many slots you have (it will tell you). I'd guess the number of slots is some way below 61... (It won't be below 46 or so.)

• Dev Post

Hey Tolkyyn,

This article is a good resource to use to understand how the server merge impacted characters. That said, I'll send you a PM to discuss the details of your account to protect your privacy.

You probably have to purchase a lot of Additional Server Character Slot items to push your character count past 61. You probably merged and got up to 52, but need to basically purchase 10 to put your limit at 62. I would give you some character slots, but I gave all of mine away to friends who wanted to max out their limit at 100 (this is a new limit). Other possible error is if your Global Character Count has been reached. This would be if you had a massive combination of characters on Satele Shan, Star Forge, Darth Malgus, Tulak Hord, and The Leviathan that put you above the hard cap. You can view the Global Character Count cap in this picture here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/505616772746051584/999117868123836546/unknown.png

Edited by CliffRedemption

After the merge I had to buy 15 slots to make a new character. They told me this in the ticket response. Once the extra slots are bought each slot opens a new character. The server selection screen will let you know like 61 of 55 slots used.

I got yet another reply from them after I had to open yet another ticket about this and the person, who must not be able to read correctly said exactly what the other did and asked when I bought the character slot, then closed the ticket. I think they're just trying to be obtuse. Really. All the information was in the first and second tickets, which I referred to.

How can they not grasp what's going on??

I got yet another reply from them after I had to open yet another ticket about this and the person, who must not be able to read correctly said exactly what the other did and asked when I bought the character slot, then closed the ticket. I think they're just trying to be obtuse. Really. All the information was in the first and second tickets, which I referred to.

How can they not grasp what's going on??

A couple things:

We already explained how to check using another server to see how many character slots you really have since the merger a few years ago put some people over their limit. There's a post from Jackie with a link explaining how the merger effected character slots. In that same post, Jackie is offering to help you via PM (check your messages). Finally, when you send in a ticket to CS, they usually close the ticket when they respond, unless they have a follow up question for you. Instead of creating duplicate tickets that end up going to some other CS representative, reply back to that CS through the email you received from the first one.

You are not alone with this. I lost over 100 characters after the merge on my main account. That's not even counting the free slots I had on some servers. Then also lost a few on each on my other 9 accounts including this one. Yes also brought many character slots again just to activate character I already had and paid for. as bad as this was it was after Eric (yes looking at you Eric) stated here on these very forums that no one would lose anything with the merge. Like so many things stated by Eric & other BW staff members, what they state and what actually happens are very different things. On my main account so far had to buy 30 character slots. Over all my accounts around 40-45 in total, this been that newly brought slots freed up characters on more than one server. this just to use characters already paid for before the merge. All of which I could use if I ended my sub on any account. After the merge, end sub lose over 100 characters just because of the merge.

Yes two years later still very piss off and angry about it. The fact Eric said no one would lose anything by the merge just made it so much worse.

Edited by Thunderisaclone

Hey Tolkyyn,

This article is a good resource to use to understand how the server merge impacted characters. That said, I'll send you a PM to discuss the details of your account to protect your privacy.

Jackie, that article you linked says 12 characters slots, plus an additional 12 for premium (so 24 for sub accounts once the merger happened), and max. 52 character slots per server with additional paid for slots. That article is around 5 years old though. This more recent EA article from March 2022, says that as subscribers we can have up to 100 slots per server (24 included and an additional 76 paid) and the article highlights that this is 100 per server so not across account.

Given the new character info, there seems that the OP clearly is being shafted (for want of a better word) and has a valid point, if they have 61 slots and future purchases to unlock character slots have not been granted. Or am I missing something?

Can we get an answer to this issue as it seems there's a bug somewhere and it's probably best we don't buy any additional slots if they aren't going to be granted.

Edited by Sarova

Can we get an answer to this issue as it seems there's a bug somewhere and it's probably best we don't buy any additional slots if they aren't going to be granted.

Tolkyyn is all good now , additional slots are granted as intended , its a visual error on a server with more characters then slots https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Need-clear-answer-on-characters-slots-per-server/m-p/11654955/highlight/false#M92892