why are the old command crate sets so pricy tech fragments wise?

GeneralGyro

the sets alone cost 830,000 fragments. why such a big ask on tech fragments per piece? (3500)

it's funny because this would be a good credit sink. Instead BW uses a currency that is vital to endgame gearing. Classic.

Agreed. There are a lot of things that should just sell for credits instead of these currencies.

Make them worth upward of 5 million credits minimum, tag a dope unlockable onto unlocking them all (to further entice people to actually keep going beyond the few they probably care about) and wrap it up nicely. All they effectively did with their convoluted change was ice out most people who would consider taking on the task because of the ridiculous gating. I have no clue who came up with so many of these bad ideas.

Make them worth upward of 5 million credits minimum, tag a dope unlockable onto unlocking them all (to further entice people to actually keep going beyond the few they probably care about) and wrap it up nicely. All they effectively did with their convoluted change was ice out most people who would consider taking on the task because of the ridiculous gating. I have no clue who came up with so many of these bad ideas.

i would love this.

I dont follow the OP's math. What do you need nearly 240 gear pieces for? (830,000 / 3500 = 237.14).

If you are only buying one set, that's only 24,500 tech frags, easily doable in one week.

I dont follow the OP's math. What do you need nearly 240 gear pieces for? (830,000 / 3500 = 237.14).

If you are only buying one set, that's only 24,500 tech frags, easily doable in one week.

because a lot of people want to get all the sets.

people during the 7.0 PTS pointed out that the price of the Command Crate armor should have been a credit sink.

We were losing amplifiers, an amazing credit sink, items on the GTN were quickly surpassing the 1 billion credit mark so they were direct trade only which bypassed the 8% GTN tax.

We needed credit sinks but Bioware went ahead with using this as a tech frag sink? There is an 11k tech frag limit, why do we need a tech frag sink? Meanwhile there are people running around with billions and now you can't even find popular items on the GTN because even 2,000 CC Master Datacrons are around 2 billion credits thanks to inflation.

Get rid of the tech frag cost completely, people are buying OEMs/RPMs/Legendary Embers. Add the Command Crate items to Collections, set the vender to charge 5-10 million credits per piece.

Edited by illgot

people during the 7.0 PTS pointed out that the price of the Command Crate armor should have been a credit sink.

We were losing amplifiers, an amazing credit sink, items on the GTN were quickly surpassing the 1 billion credit mark so they were direct trade only which bypassed the 8% GTN tax.

We needed credit sinks but Bioware went ahead with using this as a tech frag sink? There is an 11k tech frag limit, why do we need a tech frag sink? Meanwhile there are people running around with billions and now you can't even find popular items on the GTN because even 2,000 CC Master Datacrons are around 2 billion credits thanks to inflation.

Get rid of the tech frag cost completely, people are buying OEMs/RPMs/Legendary Embers. Add the Command Crate items to Collections, set the vender to charge 5-10 million credits per piece.

and bioware didnt listen. well. it certainly shows. it should be a sink but i guess its too late now?

and bioware didnt listen. well. it certainly shows. it should be a sink but i guess its too late now?

as much as we are all irritated they didn't change anything from 7.0 PTS, they are short staffed. Hopefully they realize this game needs credit sinks.

The GTN on many servers is reaching a point where items at 2000 CC are rarely found on the GTN. By the end of summer maybe items less than 1500. End of the year, maybe 1000 CC will be the new GTN limit due to the 1 billion credit cap.

Imagine how CM sales will be negatively impacted if anything 1000 CC or over won't be found on the GTN due to the 1 billion credit cap. That's going to full stop a lot of regular CM shoppers from buying CM items to convert to in game credits because they won't want to stand on fleet all day trying to sell something instead of playing the game.

Bioware will either fix the economy or let it crash. If the economy crashes it will directly impact their CM sales.

Bioware will either fix the economy or let it crash. If the economy crashes it will directly impact their CM sales.

It benefits Bioware to have a ridiculously overpriced economy. If things are costing in the billions of credits, then people will spend cartel coins, instead. And if they want billions of credits, they will spend cartel coins to get things to sell for billions of credits.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.