SWTOR Central Network nails it with latest (possibly last?) YT vid

JepFareborn

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The video pretty much sums up the last 2-3 years with this game. It was a cool ride but that's over. Aside from announcing an entire new DEV team. I'm not resubbing. No point to give support to this anymore. Hyping up 7.0 like that was absolutely lying to the customer base. Nothing they said was remotely close to releasing. Its 7 months into 2022. Any one really think that in the next 5 they will live up to anything they planned to release.

I will give them credit for being the best Team that Can Over Promise and Under Deliver. Maybe they live in an alternate world where 7.0 was a great release, but in my universe I'm done. I don't want to be done but, the investment is not worth the no payoff.

Edited by TmoneyTime

Grain of salt? Have it your way....

I wasn't going to add to this salt mine

upon my third listen, the line stuck out to me

&t=216s" data-cite="
&t=216s" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="923467" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic">
we're now in a place where space barbie end game is no longer a mean, but the genuine truth, end game in swtor really is just buying the latest outfits and dyeing them your favorite color

3:36

/watch?v=fIKEWcdqGWY&t=216s

Only a night or two ago, Clandestine Officer armor was the flash sale.

even with all the cartel coin from galactic season. I came to the decision, after multitude of times looking at that sale from the info pop up on the left side that drops from above, all throughout those 24 or however long hours flash sales last. My decision was easy, but always in my face to second guess, not to buy that outfit

or however many quantities off that sale to restock, relist on the gtn for pure profit. I went with 0

Edited by Falensawino

Only a night or two ago, Clandestine Officer armor was the flash sale.

even with all the cartel coin from galactic season. I came to the decision, after multitude of times looking at that sale from the info pop up on the left side that drops from above, all throughout those 24 or however long flash sales last. My decision was easy, but always in my face to second guess, not to buy that outfit

or however many copies off that sale to restock, relist on the gtn for pure profit

A wise decision. It's better to keep Cartel Coins. They keep their value. Credits are worthless. Sadly, we can't trade Coins with other players directly in this game.

Edited by black_pyros

I watched some of that video. It basically comes down to yet anther doom & gloom prediction from yet another rando. 🙄

It's getting tiresome. If you're that upset, quit and/or unsub. Meanwhile, I'll worry about the game shutting down when it actually happens, and then I'll just say "Oh well" and go to some other game. 🙂

I watched some of that video. It basically comes down to yet anther doom & gloom prediction from yet another rando. 🙄

It's getting tiresome. If you're that upset, quit and/or unsub. Meanwhile, I'll worry about the game shutting down when it actually happens, and then I'll just say "Oh well" and go to some other game. 🙂

He isn't just some rando, he was part of the influencer program iirc. Bro has been jaded for a while, and while the salt is undeniable when watching his videos addressing his personal issues with the dev team or other creators, he's making points. Watch the whole thing, its a short video and lasts longer than LoS. If its tiresome for you, you can just close your eyes and avoid the thread, but know that these things come out of frustration for a game we all love. If he went on a incoherent tear about things that would benefit no one but himself and pin that on the devs to say why the game is dying, then I'd get it, but he's only made sound critiques imo.

Why am I here?

I laughed so hard when he said that. Like seriously? No wonder this game has some serious issues.

It makes me sad though. I just wish the developers were more open about what is going on. I would prefer honesty and saying yep, we scr@wed up, can't make deadlines etc., than being lead by a hopeful carrot.

There is so much that needs to be done in this game. Bioware desperately needs to hire more people to get things finished and get content out.

I think that’s the difference between those of you defending BioWare and those of us disappointed with the expansion, I think a lot of us really love the game and it’s our favorite game but for people like you it’s “oh well” and go play another game. I don’t WANT to play another game but with how bad things are with SWTOR currently I really have no choice. My sub runs out in 27 days I was hoping they’d fix the game by this month so I could have a reason to resub but it doesn’t seem like that’s happening.It makes my heart sad. :(

Edited by Caimic

This is a classic example of perception vs reality. Y'all ate up all the old content when 6.0 dropped, but it was the same thing as 7.0. Minimal story and to grind gear u were forced to play old content like spammer station, everyone's favorite. Reality is the game has been very little story/content since oct 2019 😂😂

Perception from 7.0 was that they promised a lot of stuff and didn't deliver for whatever reason. If you sat there and played 6.0 for two years with nothing but old content, I don't get the outrage for 7.0.

The one thing I will concede is that the devs should be more open about why things happened this way. However, there's most likely a logical explanation. I assume that if they speak out they will anger their bosses and lose their jobs. This situation didn't happen cuz the devs have a secret disdain for the players and they want the game to die lol. They had a plan and the decision makers probably either cut their budget or are preventing the plan from going forward in some way shape or form.

Perception from 7.0 was that they promised a lot of stuff and didn't deliver for whatever reason. If you sat there and played 6.0 for two years with nothing but old content, I don't get the outrage for 7.0.

My disappointment comes from the terrible looking “modernized” ui, them castrating the classes for the combat styles system, them doing a terrible job at rebalancing the game and companions for 7.0, and oh also the 200+ bugs they implemented with 7.0 including their bugged Malgus fight that I still can’t seem to beat. I won’t even go waste time and attempt to try it again until they say it’s fixed but even then I won’t hold my breath because I have zero faith in their ability to fix anything at this point. I was fine with a lack of content as long as the game was running smoothly and fun to play, but the uis combined with all the other cruddy changes makes things feel like we’re playing an in-dev test version of the game. I could be here all day complaining about other things besides the lack of story content like Seasons and how terrible the Manaan rain looks (they had awesome rain for the Dromund Kaas instance of kotet. Why couldn’t they just use that? Are they really that lazy???) and the plethora of other things they’ve screwed.

Ui was a necessary change due to the combat styles and places they want to take the game in the future...or so they say. I've got no reason to believe they'd lie for no reason or do a bunch of UI busy work if it wasn't necessary. I wasn't a huge fan of it when I tested it on the pts but I'm used to it at this point and there are some real benefits to it as well, once they worked out the kinks it was fine.

The bug issue, yeah that's another thing, which also gives creedence to my initial idea that they've had their budget cut and aren't able to keep up with the bugs or release the content like they'd wanted to.

I'll also never agree with the ppl who say classes were gutted. Most classes didn't lose any abilities, or very few. It's just a choice between a few and the other abilities were merged and still exist just in another form. I didn't mind all the key binds because I'm a vet mmo player, but I do have to say that dumbing down the game a bit had improved pvp which is mostly what I do in game.

Edited by Samcuu

Good video. I usually don't watch these but it spoke to what i've been feeling.

When the first season of GS dropped, I played through as a pref and subbed at the end to get the rewards. I noticed players on the forum saying they would do this on multiple servers to max their CCs, so for the second season, I did that too, resubbed at the end and picked up a lot of CCs.

But now I'm looking down the road and thinking that even when the 3rd season of GS comes out, I'm probably not going to play it. Because as others have said, it's just the same content we've all done over and over. As for the CCs...I have 12k right now. And there's nothing I particularly want to spend them on. What's happening in the summer? Nightlife? Which was hilariously broken last year and once again the same rewards from previous years?

Some of it is because i've been playing off and on since 2013, and I've seen all there is to see, and that's fine. Part of it is dev incompetence, which is not new: lol I've felt they were going in the wrong direction since KOTFE, and I'm still playing anyway. You get used to settling for BW's mediocrity and inability to communicate effectively. But it's incredibly depressing that on this TEN YEAR anniversary, after everything they promised, it's the same old story--lmao it would be less depressing if this had happened in 2021 or 2023. :(

Central Network (formerly SWTOR Central) has posted more "Last time I'm talking about SWTOR" vids than I can count. He reiterates the same two or three vague points over and over. They're the only uploads he gets any substantial views on, so, despite the constant reassurances, we can expect his incessant regurgitation to continue. Not that I take issue with SWTOR criticism - quite the opposite - but dude is just about stirring the pot for views. He's long-maintained the game is DEAD, so what does he still need to address? (answer: clicks n' ad rev)

I normally would pass this off and not really take much stock, as I am not a person to listen to videos such as this, but I must take stock of how much I have played lately and for the last 3 weeks, the only time I log on was on my guild leader toons to make sure I log in for the guild. No playing or anything else, and that is not like me. I logged in one day for that and nothing else. It is sad but if that is where they want to take the game, then nothing I or anyone else can say will change. I said once that I wondered if they are trying to destroy the game (half-joking) but now I wonder if that is not what they are doing.

The good point of not playing anymore is it has given me more time to finish writing and do some painting so I guess I could thank them for that and giving me more time to do that. I really hope things change but they going to need to do it by actions. Words are easy, actions are not.

Take care and have a good day.

Doom and gloom... Yeah, I agree the game will be there for some time to come. But it won't be worth playing, much less paying for is his point.

Honestly, see the other thread with "S2 has ended why should I stay subbed?" the simple answer is you shouldn't.

I normally would pass this off and not really take much stock, as I am not a person to listen to videos such as this, but I must take stock of how much I have played lately and for the last 3 weeks, the only time I log on was on my guild leader toons to make sure I log in for the guild. No playing or anything else, and that is not like me. I logged in one day for that and nothing else. It is sad but if that is where they want to take the game, then nothing I or anyone else can say will change. I said once that I wondered if they are trying to destroy the game (half-joking) but now I wonder if that is not what they are doing.

The good point of not playing anymore is it has given me more time to finish writing and do some painting so I guess I could thank them for that and giving me more time to do that. I really hope things change but they going to need to do it by actions. Words are easy, actions are not.

Take care and have a good day.

Like you, I'm logging in for guild leader reasons. But if I was paying my sub money to Disney+, Netflix, Now TV or any other discretionary spend would I put up with threading water. No.